Weekly Challenge: April 30- May 6

Options
Last week's challenge

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

--To earn a Fitness Enthusiasts+, Fitness Buff+, or Fitness Elites+ designation you need to drink 8 or more glasses of water everyday!
(8 glasses = 8 cups = 64 ounces)

Results

Fitness Elites:
Paul+
Carrie+
Sara Grace+
Susan+

Fitness Buffs:
CurlyPep (359!!!)
Stacy
Ellie+
Debbie+
Jackie+
Melissa+
Sonya

Fitness Enthusiasts:
Hcdawg+
Jill

Our total minutes were 3,465!! We beat our numbers from last week by 720 minutes or put another way 12 hours!! Great work all!

If you'd like even more data (and who wouldn't) our average per challenger has been increasing steadily! Week 1: 236.5 minutes. Week 2: 305 minutes. Week 3 (or last week): 315 minutes

Replies

• SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    This week's challenge

It seems like the goal times worked really well for everyone last week. I am going to stick with them. Let me know if there are any other changes you would like to see.

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

--To earn a Fitness Enthusiasts+, Fitness Buff+, or Fitness Elites+ designation you need to drink 8 or more glasses of water everyday!
    (8 glasses = 8 cups = 64 ounces)

(Let me know if you would like other + challenges added in. Is there something you are struggling with where a little extra motivation might help?)

- *New* Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it. So it would look like ★Sara Grace+, if I totally rock it next week. :-)

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Showing Up is Half the Battle

Here is our current "Showing Up is Half the Battle" leader board (i.e. most consecutive log ins).
    Sonya - 240 days
    Stacy - 225 days
    Ellie - 110 days
    Kelli - 105 days
    Debbie - 80 days
    Carrie - 55 days
    Paul - 50 days
    Susan- 45 days
    Jill - 10 days

**You'll need to report in each Sunday or Monday to be included in the leader board. Let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. I will be updating your numbers in increments of 5 for simplicity's sake.

If you would like to be added to the log in board let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. We will update as we go! Good luck everyone!
  • jaxygirl
    jaxygirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm a buff, I got in 270 this week. Woo hoo. Ohhh, and I drank tons and tons of water. But no suprise there :)
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    I'm very pleased with that and thanks for taking the time to set that up Sara :-). My personal goal this week will be to cycle around Fewston Reservoir this weekend. I've never tried and it will be tough but i think it's something i can do or certainly try to do :-).
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Great Sara!

Right now I'm up to at least 75 days at my last notification :)

I'm going for Buff+ again this week. Again, without lifting time this will be a challenge! So far I have 40 minutes from today.

My personal goal will be to stay under 40% carbs every day. A challenge for sure, since I love chocolate and fruit :)
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    I am going to aim for Elite+ again this week! My personal challenge will be to track honestly everyday this week. I tend to get really off track late at night and on weekends. This week I am keeping tabs on those times!
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I may have to go with Buff+ this week since my mom would be offended were I to interrupt her visit with my workout schedule. :ohwell:

I just started tracking sodium and it's pretty ugly - perhaps I will make my goal to stay within my sodium limits 5 out of 7 days . . . is that dumb? If I say the ENTIRE week I fear I will fail - I never realized just how much I was getting everyday. :embarassed:
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    Since tomorrow starts month of May, I am going to try for Elite for real this time!!! Last week was WEAK! I gotta get up and move it! NO MORE BEING LAZY!
  • PJYoung2012
    Options
    Just got back from the gym. Did a solid hour of cardio tonight and i'll be trying for 4 sessions this week. Will be going for elite plus again this week hopefully :-).
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    I am aiming for the big daddy again this week and my goal for this week is a deficit of 3500 calories for a 1lb loss this week :). I did it two weeks ago but last week I failed so I shall hold my headup and try again:)
  • shorty313
    Options
    I got another 30 minutes in today. Surprise! My toddler was having no part of waiting patiently for his sister's dance class and wanted to walk around the strip mall instead. So today's total is really 70 minutes :)
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    I hit 105 days logged today (guess I haven't been updating that, sorry!)

Since I hit just under 300 minutes last week I'm going to go nuts and go for the elite this week.

I've also been having big issues with sodium so my goal is to just even come close for most of the week, I rarely ever fall below but I'm usually pretty happy if I stay between the 2500 goal and 3000.
  • Blueyz82
    Options
    Just finished up 80 minutes of exercise and when I finish my water jug, 14 glasses of water! Ate HORRIBLY today, but this makes me feel A LOT better! Woo hoo!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Showing Up is Half the Battle

Here is our current "Showing Up is Half the Battle" leader board (i.e. most consecutive log ins).
    Stacy - 225 days
    Ellie - 105 days
    Kelli - 105 days
    Debbie - 75 days
    Carrie - 55 days
    Susan- 40 days

**You'll need to report in each Sunday or Monday to be included in the leader board. Otherwise I won't know if you missed a day since your last check in... Or we can do this differently if you guys have other ideas.

If you would like to be added to the log in board let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. We will update as we go! Good luck everyone!

I'm at 240 tomorrow!!!!! :)

And I got in 288 minutes last week, so I guess I'll be in the fitness buff category. :)
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    I just realized I must have reset my log ins on Saturday. Grrrr. Arrrgh.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I just realized I must have reset my log ins on Saturday. Grrrr. Arrrgh.

Awww, that stinks! Don't let it get you tho.... It does not change what you've done!!!! :)
  • Blueyz82
    Options
    As of yesterday, after walking the Cleveland Zoo for 3 hrs, I have logged 260 minutes of exercise for the week so far! Woo hoo! My migraine is finally just about gone today, so I will work out tonight, but probably not for a full hr, so it doesn't come raging back!

I have hit my water goal every day this week so far! So, 100 more minutes to go! :smile:
  • shorty313
    Options
    I did a 30 min walk yesterday, and 40 minutes on the bike today at the gym, so I'm at 140 minutes :smile: Water galore. I hit 80 days today!
  • PJYoung2012
    Options
    Just got back from the gym. Added another 60 minutes to my total and good lord i'm feeling it now. Tomorrow night may be a step to far but i'm certainly going to try. This challenge is really helping me focus. Thanks again to Sara for setting it up and best of luck gang :smile:
  • Blueyz82
    Options
    just got done with 45 minute work out...55 minutes more to make my weekly challenge goal!!! woo hoo!

Angry though because I can't find my damn key card for clubhouse where I work out! grrrrr! Really hoping that the cat hid it from me and I find it! Replacing it will cost me!!! ugh!!!!!