challenging myself this month, who's with me? (:

Options
kelbelzz
kelbelzz Posts: 92 Member
I've had a really bad week of binging. Probably an entire week of going over my calorie goal by 1,000+. I've struggled with an eating disorder for around nine years. I'm trying to find the balance between restricting and binging. Well today, I consumed a hotdog, 5 oatmeal cookies, two handfuls of m&m's, two chocolate chip granola bars, and two reese's peanut butter cups. Clearly craving chocolate.... I ate all of that in a matter of ten minutes. And I had eaten three meals throughout the day. And panicked because of the binge and the amount of food I had eaten, and I purged. For the first time in years. :(
It was really an eye opener. I need to recover, and I need to stop binging. I want to be healthy. As I'm sure y'all do too. So I was thinking since tomorrow is the first of the month, to start a challenge. For anyone to join, or just for myself.

In the month of May, I will complete the 30 Day Shred/Ripped in 30 Days & running at least a mile a day. (I can't decide which one yet.) I will eat healthy for the entire month. And most importantly, I will be BINGE FREE for 30 DAYS.
So if any of y'all want to take this challenge with me, let me know :) Obviously the 30 Day Shred/Ripped in 30 can be replaced for whatever.

Replies

• hannah298
    hannah298 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im new to this but am up for trying out the binge-free month :) i hit an all time low and realised i need to change after i had lost weight and managed to fit into my old coat from last year to find after almost two weeks of bingeing i now cannot do it up :( sad times!!

i power walk three miles a week to work, so its a good start to exercise
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm in. the amount of times I've lost and then regained due to a binge is depressing.

Since March the longest I've gone is 10 days but most if the time is 4-5 days.
  • steffo365
    steffo365 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    In the month of May, I will complete the 30 Day Shred/Ripped in 30 Days & running at least a mile a day. (I can't decide which one yet.) I will eat healthy for the entire month. And most importantly, I will be BINGE FREE for 30 DAYS.
    So if any of y'all want to take this challenge with me, let me know :) Obviously the 30 Day Shred/Ripped in 30 can be replaced for whatever.

I am challenging myself to do the 30 Day Shred as well! WOOHOO!!
    Let's do this <3
  • determined136
    determined136 Posts: 332
    Options
    I am ready for a challenge!!! Let's do this!
  • leesee88
    leesee88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I really want to say that I am in. Well, I am in. The binge monster in me is fighting though.
    Ill take it one day at a time.... so TODAY I will not binge. Thats a big step at this point.
    I will check back in tomorrow!
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I really want to say that I am in. Well, I am in. The binge monster in me is fighting though.
    Ill take it one day at a time.... so TODAY I will not binge. Thats a big step at this point.

This for me too. A month seems so overwhelming. I can do anything for one day, right? :smile:
  • kelbelzz
    Options
    Yay, I'm glad some of y'all wanna join! :)
    One day is good too! Because if you can go one day, you can challenge yourself to go another, and hopefully you'll make it to a month. That's what I'm doing. Each day is a new struggle, but I want to challenge myself.

We can do this :)
  • volatileskin
    volatileskin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! ..fairly new to this, so feel free to add me :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to join us at below conversation thread for additional support:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/582481-may-june-bed-conversation-thread
  • leesee88
    Options

hmm. i guess i forgot about this challenge tuesday night around 10 pm.
    well anyways wednesday night= SUCCESS!. Probably overdid it with the peanutbutter during the day, but i stayed under my calorie limit and i made it through the night hours. (major accomplishment at this point.)
    I have high hopes for tonight as well.

Tally:
    Binge monster-1
    me- 1
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I'm in..my last binge was on April 30. My cycle lasted for the last 1/2 of that month. I gained 5lbs. I'm thinking this month a more recovery month, to lose what I gained. So please add me so we can continue to support and encourage one another, I need it. I'm a big binge eater and a constant one too. It's still tough, but so far I'm making it. I'm learning for comfort foods, veggies are the way to go.

My Talley-

Me- 3
    Binge Monster- 0
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    Talley updated:

Me: 2
    Binge monster: 1
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm ready too! Right now I'm about 7 days binge free, almost a week! The weekends are the real challenge but I know I just have to take it hour by hour. Best of luck to each of you :smile:
  • leesee88
    Options
    ugh
    me-1
    binge monster- 2

and i am going back to weight watchers tomorrow as well. i need all the support i can get.
  • g0tta_lose_it
    Options
    I'm SO in! I've gained back everything I lost because of binging. I also struggled with an ed.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    I lost last night and went on a big binge..(I was like 3500 calories over) I felt sick in the early morning hours..my binge went on from like 5-9pm on and off. 330-4am..I felt nausious and threw up. Got on the scale this morning, looks like there was hardly any damage there..maybe .4lb Not the way i wanted to get rid of it, it was very discomforting..but this is a lesson learned.
  • kelbelzz
    Options
    binge free days ; two!
    i've been eating healthy foods & i think i gained weight. i'm not weighing in today. feelin' kind of fat ha. SO, i've got a week to be binge free & a week to weigh in.
    good job y'all, don't give up if you accidentally give in! <3
  • sncmaddie
    sncmaddie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    As of today... Me= 1!
    Unfortunately I guess this means Binge Monster=3?
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    I'm getting there. Thursday of this month was the only slip.

Me: 4
    Binge monster: 1
  • leesee88
    Options
    me-2
    binge monster-4

dont know about today yet :-/