• hmerri
    hmerri Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What size weights does everyone use?
    I'm using 3 lb weights for now.
  • turkishmelly
    turkishmelly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am starting tonight! So excited! Not! Add me all (: looking forward to may 31st
  • Zoelesley
    Zoelesley Posts: 37 Member
    Options

I'm going to stop and get some at walmart on my way home, think probably 5 lbs
  • Lmdaniels
    Lmdaniels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2. Still need weights...I'm going to start at 3 and work up to 5.
  • RightNowWellness
    RightNowWellness Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of week 1 of Ripped in 30. Wow, I thought I was in shape. My butt and legs hurt this morning when I woke up. lol
    Good luck everyone. Can't wait to see everyone's results!!
  • Robinw100
    Robinw100 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi everyone! Finished Day 1 level 1 today. Shoulders burn and legs are on fire! I couldnt do all the reps but hopefully as the days go on, Ill be able to keep up.
  • aasshhll33yy
    Options
    Just finished day 1 level 1.. Brutal!! I wasn't too bad off, until we had to do the crunches with the bicycle thing going on..that killed for some reason.. the other exercises I had done before so I was somewhat used to it, just not the intensity with the weights. looking forward to month end.. Good luck!! :)
  • beckysummer
    beckysummer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Day 1. Done.
  • AnissaAndrews
    AnissaAndrews Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Day One: CHECK!
    I modified a lot and definitely wasn't up for the jump rope...jogged in place for those!
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    For some reason the jump roping KILLS me!!! I do as much as I can and then sub another cardio when I have to.
  • mchapl
    mchapl Posts: 4
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. It gets easier as you go. Just think of how you will look at the end of the 30 days. You Can Do It!!!
  • mchapl
    mchapl Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi group,

I took my meaurements and weight. I am going to do the DVD in addition to hitting the gym. Good luck everyone, I can't wait to see everyone's before and after pictures. :wink:
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Good Morning fellow shredders. I got up at 5am to get my workout in today. So it is day 2 level 1 for me. My shoulders are the only part of me that is screaming today. Otherwise I am doing pretty well. Still doing half modified on the push ups. My arms and stomach muscles are the weakest part of my body and need the most help. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • sgreene87
    Options

I am using 3 pound weights but am thinking I might increase it to five in a couple of days.
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Good morning Fellow Shredders,

Finished Day 2 Level 1 last night. Really feeling it in my biceps and obliques this morning. The bicycle crunches though tough to get right is hurting this morning as I tried to get out of bed and out of the car.
    Took my before pictures and can't wait till the end. Have a fun day. Getting ready for cardio at the gym today and then Day 3 tonight!
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Done w/ my Day 2.

Questions for those who has done 30DS before and is in good/great shape: when do you move to Level 2?

I don't find Level 1 easy, but even using 7.5# dumbbells, I don't feel sore at all.
    I read about other people's posts about feeling it in their quads or shoulders etc, but I don't feel any, especially not any good soreness.

--> When should I move to Level 2?

I thought to stick w/ Level 1 for at least 7 days to make sure that I can do it every day, instead of dreading the workout which may persuade me to not do the workout.

Thanks for your insight.
    Amanda
  • Zoelesley
    Zoelesley Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Finished level 1 day 1 last night,i didnt realize how out of shape i was, i ws so sore last night and still this morning, not quite sure how i'll manage tonight, but i'm going to push through.
  • sgreene87
    Options
    Just wanted to check in with everyone. I am still on level 1 this is day 4 for me. Not as sore today and my endurance has improved. Still hate those dang pushups. I did 7 non modified ones on each set. Someday I am going to be able to do them all without modification. Now I am going to hit the elliptical for a 2 mile run.
  • jcmjim22
    jcmjim22 Posts: 162
    Options
    I completed day 5 this morning. I still struggle with the modified push ups. My arm strength is not good...but I can tell I'm getting stronger each day. My endurance has definitely improved! So excited to see the results at 30 days. :)
  • Kylabgeek
    Kylabgeek Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Day 6 of 30 complete. I got a head start the end of April! Progressed onto level 2 today. Not as bad as what I anticipated. Going to get up early and hit it again in the morning. Have to be at the ball field by 8:15 for a 9am game so I will do the video, get ready, then while my son warms up with dad and the team I will hit the walking trail for another couple miles of walking.

Great job everyone! I can't wait to take measurements and pictures...wait...did I just say that lol?