Day 1!

Options
MMAQueen
MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
Well, It's day one everyone!

how did it go?

I have to do the modified pushups, i've got a back injury i've been dealing with since 2009 that has killed my core strength and i can't maintain the position from my toes.

The other exercise i had some trouble with was the side lunges with the arm raises. the lunging part is fine, it's the arm raises that are killing me. anyone else have this?

Replies

• ncorkett
    ncorkett Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It went great! I have very little upper body strength so I stuck with the modified push-ups. I hope to be doing regular push-ups by Day 30. Since it's been a while since I did strength training, I kept my weights low at 2lbs. I figure I can build them up as I go. It must have been the right weight because I'm sore, but not too sore. I think if I had use any higher weights and those arm raises would have done me in.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I feel like I got my @S$ kicked and it's pretty great!
    I can't do push-ups, even modified, but I will work up to it. I have never really done push-up anyway so I wasn't really expecting to master that right away. lol

Tomorrow's plan is bike riding in the morning, then my hubby and I will do 30DS in the evening!
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try Level 2... in a couple days...
    I was thinking of trying 10 day of level 1, then 10 days of lv2, and finish off with lv 3.
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of trying 10 day of level 1, then 10 days of lv2, and finish off with lv 3.

i was planning on 10 days of each level as well.
  • jparker12379
    jparker12379 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

was under the impression that is how it is supposed to be done ?

thats what I am doing too But I am doing my workouts in the evenings, I am pumped to get thru the entire 30 days this go round
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    today I did day 2, i started yesterday and i am doing c25k with it. with the rain i did day 2. last time i finished 30ds it was much harder. still hard though, i kinda went in a little cocky yesterday and ended up with my butt kicked again. level 2 wasnt my fav. level 2 was meah but level 3 is the best. cant wait to see our results! :)
  • pduckworth
    pduckworth Posts: 133
    Options
    I definitely don't work as hard in 30DS as I do RI30. I burned about 100 calories less in the same amount of time, haha. Unfortunately she does a lot of the same exercises for both, so I will be doing a lot of pushups each day :P

I was able to do the first round of pushups the "real" way and went down on my knees for the second round. Not too bad :D

My dog was on the floor next to me trying to lick me the whole time. Hard to focus LOL.
  • ruelman83
    ruelman83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just got done w/ level 1! I feel great now that I'm done! It sure was tough to get thru, but I'm glad I did it! Hoping to stick it out for the full 30 without any rest days! I still need to get my measurements in too!
  • bpg79
    bpg79 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 1 and it felt great. I was able to do a few regular push-ups but had to switch to modified push-ups as it was bothering my back. Might do some extra stretching so i'm in fine form for day 2 tomorrow. :)
  • alil2loveable
    alil2loveable Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Okay just finished day 1 not too bad but I'm hating jumping jacks.
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    WOW! That'll make ya sweat. I kept up pretty well throughout the workout. May move on to level 2 before the 10 days is up. I'm also walking quite a bit now the weather is becoming nicer. Doing a steps challenge at work. We have to complete 50,000 steps/wk for 6 wks. Luckily, they gave us a chart of exercises and what the equal step wise. Jillian just earned me an additional 2500 steps.

See you tomorrow!
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    It certainly was easier doing it this time around although I'm still doing the modified push-ups. I was able to use 3lbs for the whole workout (I used to wimp out and switch to 1lb for some of them).

Tried to do her Yoga Melt after this but only got through 8min before my leg muscles starting shaking. So I'll probably just be doing the shred and my weekend water workouts :smile:
  • 26Nirak
    26Nirak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I got up at 6 this morning and did it....modified with the pushups...modified in jumping jacks (the house shakes when I do high impact - so in order to avoid minor earthquakes...) - but I feel good....I have a long road ahead of me, but I know I was there once (heck..I used to teach this stuff) and I can get there again.....
  • gillz89
    gillz89 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wasn't too bad. I actually did day 1 yesterday, but I don't have any hand weights yet, so I used my weighted gloves. Worked fairly well. Can't do push ups, even modified, for the life of me yet though! Also did a run/walk (1.5 miles). Long way to go, but hopefully off to a decent start. And hoping I don't hurt myself like I did last time I tried a work out plan.
  • Mom23djd
    Mom23djd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Today was actually my day 2. I have next to zero upper body strength, so did modified push-ups yesterday, and barely managed that. I think I got a total of 6 done. Today, I was sore enough that I was only able to do 2. So, I did 1 on the first set and then held plank, then did the same thing on the second set.

The side lunges are killer! I used 3 lb weights, and they weren't heavy enough for me, until I got to this move. I wasn't sure I was going to make it through. I'm so looking forward to day 30 and seeing the difference in my strength and endurance!
  • scheherazade315
    scheherazade315 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I was also doing the 30DS at 6 am. I injured my right wrist last week so I really had to modify the pushups and not use a weight in my right hand for some of the exercises when it bothered my wrist. I used 3 lb weights for all of the exercises, but one exercise was really hard! Can't wait to see the results at the end of the month!
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I feel like I got my @S$ kicked and it's pretty great!
    I can't do push-ups, even modified, but I will work up to it. I have never really done push-up anyway so I wasn't really expecting to master that right away. lol

Tomorrow's plan is bike riding in the morning, then my hubby and I will do 30DS in the evening!

Are you able to do a modified plank? If you are, I would substitute a plank hold and work up to a couple of push ups at a time. It gets easier!
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My legs are wobbly! I have to do modified push ups but did everything else the hard way. I used 3 pound weights and also think the side planks are killer.

Great job on Day 1 everyone!!!!! We'll be awesome on this level on Day 10!!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I completed mine at night.. I love the "jump rope" exercise and the jumping jacks because they're fun for me and it makes it seem easier! I think I could do those for an hour by themselves honestly and it seems to burn calories so I just may do that eventually.. I had issues with the push ups because I can't stand working out on a hard floor or how it feels against my hands for some reason..I probably need a thicker mat. I loved the weights too, so really this was fun for me. I won't lie though, I needed to stop more than once because of my heart rate. I think I should see a dr because my heart rate sores quickly and it doesn't seem to be a normal type of quickly. I just pray I don't get bored because I don't like routine! One note for the plus side is that when I measured today I realized I have already lost 1.5in on my waist, .5in and 1in on my thighs, and .5in on my hips since I started to diet and exercise more! I just had a baby on March 15 and my diet and exercise started around Easter, but officially a day or two after Easter. :] I know I ate almost an entire 18in pizza somewhere in there too, so it is pretty awesome that I still lost inches and weight at all if you ask me. lmso
  • ddiana21
    ddiana21 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 1! My legs are already in pain:)..we did it.:)