Beginner BodyRockers

Options
Jade17694
Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
Post your workout scores here.
Meet fellow beginner bodyrockers and support each other, give each other advice, ask questions and have fun with the workouts!

No Excuses :wink:

Replies

• jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    Bodyrock tv May Challenge initial test (beginners)

squats: 18/17/19
    push ups: 14/10-3-1/10-1-1 (from knees)
    dips: 4-3-3/4-3-3/3-4-3
    abs 23/25/25

- = rest during set

Usually better at dips but straight after push-ups = rubbish!

Also measurements for record...

CW 149.3lb

bust 96.5cm/38"
    waist 84.5cm/33.4"
    hips 102.8cm/40.6"
    L. thigh 62cm
    R. thigh 62.6cm
    L. arm 32.5cm
    R. arm 33.5cm
  • poundsgalore
    poundsgalore Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    1 -29/20/10/22
    2 -29/16/11/16
    3 - 33/19/10/20
  • amandal15
    amandal15 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yay there is a group! I'll have to post my scores this afternoon since they are at home!
  • ofthevalley
    ofthevalley Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Lily and I'm brand new at Bodyrock.

I did the fit test last night:

Squats: 22, 21, 21

Pushups: 20, 20, 20 -- all girlie pushups from my knees

Dips: 22, 19, 16

Abs: 25, 25, 24

I'm super excited to do this challenge. I do the workouts at night because I go to the gym in the morning :)
  • lashwish
    lashwish Posts: 93
    Options
    Its driving me bonkers there is no w/o for Day 2 yet! Im a Day behind & I w/o in am...tick tock ppl!

What is everyone doing in place? Will you try next level fit test?
  • Jade17694
    Options
    Its driving me bonkers there is no w/o for Day 2 yet! Im a Day behind & I w/o in am...tick tock ppl!

What is everyone doing in place? Will you try next level fit test?

It's up now. It goes up at 2 EST time every day. I'm doing the challenge a day behind because i prefer to workout in the morning. Yesterday i just walked alot, will do the flow workout that was put up yesterday - today and then maybe the rep challenge that was posted a couple of weeks ago. Will do lisa-marie's workout tomorrow that's going to be posted today. Just keep active whilst waiting for them to be posted. (hope that made sense!)
  • jj3120
    Options
    I'm going to be doing it all a day behind, yesterdays still wasn't up late last night for me!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Yup. I always did their workouts a day behind.
  • poundsgalore
    poundsgalore Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I did the Flow test this morning and since there wasn't another on today I did "My Body Rocks" with beginner modifications.
    14/4/17/13
    22/4/16/18
    18/4/18/16
    I walked for an hour today to and it was soooo hot outside. I am beat now. Ready for a good night sleep!!
  • klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    BodyRock May Challenge Fit Test:
    Squats: 23/22/21
    Push-ups: 21/14/10--(all on my knees)
    Tricep Dips: 18/15/18
    Abs: 21/24/24
  • Jade17694
    Options
    I'm going to be doing it all a day behind, yesterdays still wasn't up late last night for me!

That's what i'm doing because they don't go up until 7pm in my country - and that's when they're not having problems uploading. And i prefer to workout in the morning or early afternoon so it's just easier to work a day behind :smile:
  • jj3120
    Options
    Day 3 - any idea's what to substitute for hanging knee raises??!!

I thought there would be a bodyweight only option.

For the sculpt section I will adapt with my resistance band.
  • jj3120
    Options

Ok so I just watched the tutorial :embarassed: My door frames are really narrow but I have a straight banister at the top of my stairs so will try that.
  • Jade17694
    Options

I couldn't do these due to not having a door frame thick enough to hold on to so just done the ab exercise from the sculpt workout :)
  • jj3120
    Options
    Day 3 workout scores:

Burn section - I didn't keep count :noway:

Touch downs - killed me!

Spider push ups - push-ups from knees, then up on toes for leg bend

Tuck abs - I did the modified version again, sitting back on my arms bringing legs in together and then alternate legs by half way through 2nd set. These were hard not sure how good my form was by the end.

Hanging knee lifts - couldn't use banister in the end due to others been at home! My door frames are too narrow & high for me so I used the top of an open wardrobe, made sure I was up on my toes.

Sculpt section
    I used my resistance band successfully just had to do single arms on some then repeat on the other side, I also did full squats as the half squats demonstrated hurt my knees.

For the last abs move I couldn't get any further than my upper back off the floor...

Must keep count next time!
  • empenTen
    empenTen Posts: 29
    Options
    Ugh, just done day 3 and am feeling it. My stomach muscles have been aching all day so I know they are gonna be feeling it even more in the morning.

Am feeling motivated too.

Are you guys logging your bodyrock sessions as exercise on your trackers? I dont know what to put it down as, any ideas?
  • empenTen
    empenTen Posts: 29
    Options

I couldn't do these due to not having a door frame thick enough to hold on to so just done the ab exercise from the sculpt workout :)

I couldnt use my door frame either and had no alternative so I skipped it and did another round of the previous 3 instead
  • ofthevalley
    ofthevalley Posts: 69
    Options
    Will be doing Day 3 after I get the kids to bed. I'm super excited!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Ugh, just done day 3 and am feeling it. My stomach muscles have been aching all day so I know they are gonna be feeling it even more in the morning.

Am feeling motivated too.

Are you guys logging your bodyrock sessions as exercise on your trackers? I dont know what to put it down as, any ideas?

Maybe circuit training or calisthenics? I have a HRM, so I create my own exercise.
  • lashwish
    lashwish Posts: 93
    Options
    I just held onto door frame & lifted my knee up one @ a time as she demo'd.
    No way I can lift my legs up with only my fingertips holding on!

Im taking w/e off & back on Monday or maybe I will try Sunday