Avengers post viewing discussion: Spoiler Warning

Options
mruntidy
mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
A thread to discuss it if you've seen it as per request :)

Replies

• ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Did anyone notice a certain Gauntlet with 6 gems that was in the armory on Asgard in Thor??
    And a certain Titan at the end of Avengers?

Avengers 2...Infinity Gauntlet??
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Someone explain to me wtf Hulk. Did I miss something, they had him portrayed as total crazy rage mindless hulk, then it was almost the big green goofus we all know and love. Deleted Scene? Something.. anything. Only thing that bothered me about the movie.

Also, I literally screamed out **** YOU JOSS at one point. Seriously dude. You know the scene.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    Options
    I think they wee trying to play it off as Loki using the Cosmic Cube ( Tesserect ) to make everyone hostile to each other.
    There was another movie out in the last couple of years that used that same cliche.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    Options
    Oh, so we assume the hulk had some control, but under the cube he was just going after whatever was in his way?

I really would have loved a Banner/Stark scene where they were exploring some weird brain chemistry/meditation/blowing money on hookers and coke/whatever scene to explain it.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    Options
    You know, I didn't think I would like Ruffalo as Banner, but it worked for me...

And I think Jeremy Renner was Awesome!

And ScarJo's *kitten* was awesome!!!
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    Options
    You know, I ate SO much crow with a friend of mine when after they announced Robert Downey would be playing Stark I told him that it was the worst casting in the history of casting. It would be like having John Goodman playing Superman.

I was obviously horribly blindingly wrong. I really dug Norton as Banner, but because of his other work Norton has a pass for life for me, Ruffalo did amazing in the role.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    This movie was fantastic! Went to see it opening night on Friday... and there was a line up out the door...no you don't understand ...that NEVER happens in my city...I nerdgasmd the entire time!

Fave line: When Stark called Clint Legolas....only one other person laughed in the theater with me... :)

I don't want to gush too much... a friend of mine hasn't seen it yet, and I'm holding it all in...lol...

Oh...and WTF, no dark night trailer!?! Stupid &%^$&*(&^%!!!!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Oh, so we assume the hulk had some control, but under the cube he was just going after whatever was in his way?

I really would have loved a Banner/Stark scene where they were exploring some weird brain chemistry/meditation/blowing money on hookers and coke/whatever scene to explain it.

If I remember correctly, banner can control the hulk a little and focus him towards something once he learned to control it better. He says he is always angry before he transforms, so some control is there. On the ship he transforms do to a loss of control which made him lose focus and go crazy on everyone. That's my take on it atleast.

I was so happy to see Thanos at the end!! and the after credit scene was hilarious haha
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Oh...and WTF, no dark night trailer!?! Stupid &%^$&*(&^%!!!!

We had a Dark Knight trailer in our movie theater!!!
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    Options
    Also to bring it back to MFP. I wondered how many calories is in shwarma.
  • ZombieChaser
    Options
    Also to bring it back to MFP. I wondered how many calories is in shwarma.

I haven't had a shwarma in over a year... not cool!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Re: The Hulk I was just reading a good answer on a comic forum. When he changed with Black Widow it was unexpected and the result of being attacked. When he changed at the end it was intentional on Banner's part. So he'd be less mindless the second time. Or so the explanation goes..

I really don't know though, what part made you go F You Joss? Because I can't think of anything.

I can not say enough good things about this movie. Whedon nailed damn near EVERYTHING! Cap being a man still new to being out of time, Thor's noble arrogance, Robert Downey Jr. just IS Tony Stark at this point. SHIELD/Nick Fury was portrayed as not being entirely trustworthy for being the good guys. Whedon drew from all the prior movies without having to retcon or reimagine a single thing (except Norton). And he knew that before anyone could get together they'd have to fight each other first. It is a comic book meetup after all.

And Hulk slapping Loki around like a ***** was just beyond words amazing.

SO many great moments you can't even remember them all. This was better than Dark Knight. It was the best comic book movie of all time.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    Options
    I assume he means Coulson, Joss always kills off awesome characters that people love lol WASH!!! I mean he killed Wash and Coulson lol

As for Hulk, that was what I was thinking...That movie for me was all Hulk and Thor!! both of them were epic and you finally got to see how powerful Thor is...I found him underwhelming in the Thor movie.
  • ZombieChaser
    Options

^^ I may or may not have cheered during this scene...hehe
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    I assume he means Coulson, Joss always kills off awesome characters that people love lol WASH!!! I mean he killed Wash and Coulson lol

As for Hulk, that was what I was thinking...That movie for me was all Hulk and Thor!! both of them were epic and you finally got to see how powerful Thor is...I found him underwhelming in the Thor movie.

Oh that would make sense. Funny I never loved Coulson as much as others, but they really made him something special. Joss KNOWS how to kill someone! He makes it count and he twists the knife a bit.

I can remember seeing powerful Thor go flying the F offscreen when Hulk socked him near the end.. oh that was funny!
  • roslynds9
    roslynds9 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    If I remember correctly, banner can control the hulk a little and focus him towards something once he learned to control it better. He says he is always angry before he transforms, so some control is there. On the ship he transforms do to a loss of control which made him lose focus and go crazy on everyone. That's my take on it atleast.

That's how I took it. If he changes of his own choice he can control it to an extent but if he changes because he just loses it, like earlier in the film, then the hulk takes over completely and he'll smash anyone that gets in his way.
  • roslynds9
    roslynds9 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Re: The Hulk I was just reading a good answer on a comic forum. When he changed with Black Widow it was unexpected and the result of being attacked. When he changed at the end it was intentional on Banner's part. So he'd be less mindless the second time. Or so the explanation goes..

I really don't know though, what part made you go F You Joss? Because I can't think of anything.

I can not say enough good things about this movie. Whedon nailed damn near EVERYTHING! Cap being a man still new to being out of time, Thor's noble arrogance, Robert Downey Jr. just IS Tony Stark at this point. SHIELD/Nick Fury was portrayed as not being entirely trustworthy for being the good guys. Whedon drew from all the prior movies without having to retcon or reimagine a single thing (except Norton). And he knew that before anyone could get together they'd have to fight each other first. It is a comic book meetup after all.

SO many great moments you can't even remember them all. This was better than Dark Knight. It was the best comic book movie of all time.

Can't agree with you enough. Best comic book movie ever, I think Whedon nailed it!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    Options

I can remember seeing powerful Thor go flying the F offscreen when Hulk socked him near the end.. oh that was funny!

True but he took it, and brushed it off, going toe to toe with the hulk and blocking a blow and knocking him on his *kitten* takes power lol but you did see it humbled him a bit when he noticed he was bleeding and you could tell for the rest of the movie he wasen't as strong.
  • BrettPGH
    Options

True but he took it, and brushed it off, going toe to toe with the hulk and blocking a blow and knocking him on his *kitten* takes power lol but you did see it humbled him a bit when he noticed he was bleeding and you could tell for the rest of the movie he wasen't as strong.

Or how about when Thor clonked him right in the face with Mjolnir? KLANG!

That does it.. I'm going to see it again tonight.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    Options
    HAHAHA I loved that ****ing movie sooooo much!! the hulk punch against the flying thing, hulk punching Thor for no reason and hulk destroying loki were epic scenes... A lot of hulk being mentioned there, funny how I never liked the hulk movies much lol