Will Someone ** pretty please** look over my diary/data?

Options
2»

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I work in engineering too... love me some spreadsheets. :)
    Oh, the half marathon goal was just to run one and not die pretty much. My goal time was 3:20. haha... but I finished in 2:53!

That's awesome! My first one will always be the most special.

...Hahaha it is more special to me certainly then *ahem* some other firsts in my life! :laugh:
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    [
    You def need to eat more. You should be using the 1.55 multiplier which gives you 2080 and then your cut is 1768 but I think you should round up to 1800. You must start eating that daily and on high burn days NET NO LESS than bmr.

Also, is there a way to get in some heavy lifting? Glad the scale isn't your driving force:flowerforyou: If you can really get into lifting and ease off the cardio a little I believe you will see the results you desire.

I have been doing heavy lifting 3x/week. I actually love it, and when I started I fully intended to slow down my cardio, but it's like cardio is an addiction almost! Should I use the 1.55 even if I back off the cardio? Even though otherwise I'm sedentary? I have hypothyroid so I know it's going to be slow, but I guess because of that I'm scared of overeating.

You do more than I do and I use the 1.55 activity level. I do 3 days lifting and one day zumba and that is it. I too have a desk job. You can stay at that level, wait the 4 wk min if you don't loose then I tell you bump up to the moderate cut.
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    [
    You def need to eat more. You should be using the 1.55 multiplier which gives you 2080 and then your cut is 1768 but I think you should round up to 1800. You must start eating that daily and on high burn days NET NO LESS than bmr.

Also, is there a way to get in some heavy lifting? Glad the scale isn't your driving force:flowerforyou: If you can really get into lifting and ease off the cardio a little I believe you will see the results you desire.

I have been doing heavy lifting 3x/week. I actually love it, and when I started I fully intended to slow down my cardio, but it's like cardio is an addiction almost! Should I use the 1.55 even if I back off the cardio? Even though otherwise I'm sedentary? I have hypothyroid so I know it's going to be slow, but I guess because of that I'm scared of overeating.

You do more than I do and I use the 1.55 activity level. I do 3 days lifting and one day zumba and that is it. I too have a desk job. You can stay at that level, wait the 4 wk min if you don't loose then I tell you bump up to the moderate cut.

OK...resetting to 1800 cal. I will report back in a month or so! Thank you everyone for your help. Much appreciated.
  • lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Feel free to report back more frequently. :happy: :wink:
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    Just an update- I took sunday and monday off from all exercise and bumped my calories up to 1800. This morning my weight was up by (Gah!) 3lbs, but TOM is coming soon so that's probably it.

The great news is tonight my workout was awesome after the break. I did hiit treadmill intervals for 30 mins and got my top speed up to 10mph for 45s. Then I lifted weights, and was able to up my weight on everything. Killed it!

Having a great workout makes me feel like a strong, sexy woman, despite an increase on the stupid scale.
  • lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't weigh again tomorrow or you'll see muscle repair water weight! :mad:
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't weigh again tomorrow or you'll see muscle repair water weight! :mad:

How 'bout I will weigh, but I promise not to freak out? :flowerforyou: