30DS Level 2

Did day 1 of Level 2 today, and realised why level one had become easier towards the end, level 2 is really hard! Although it did end quicker than i expected and I can feel it instantly on my arms, doesn't feel as much on my stomach but i have literally just finished it. Bought some new weights as I realised my original ones were too light but the new ones seem too heavy so I am alternating between the two. Hopefully will be able to work harder on each exercise tomorrow now I know what to expect!
Still don't know how anyone has the energy to do two in a row or other exercises too!!

Replies

• mialegg
    mialegg Posts: 23 Member
    Today was day 1 of level 2 for me as well and I was sweating buckets by the end! I knew it was going to be hard, but I'm ready to take on these next two weeks and hopefully get a lot stronger by the end!
  • alyrie
    alyrie Posts: 22 Member
    I will be starting level 2 tomorrow :)

What size weights are you guys using now? I've been using 3 pounds for level one, and while I can feel it in some exercises, I think I'd like to have some 5s on hand.
  • mialegg
    I will be starting level 2 tomorrow :)

What size weights are you guys using now? I've been using 3 pounds for level one, and while I can feel it in some exercises, I think I'd like to have some 5s on hand.

Hi Alyrie,

I switch depending on the excercise. For the first ciruit with the arm rows I use 3 pounds. For the second circuit I use 5 pounds for both and for the third circuit I use 3 pounds on both. I did the same for level 1 - just switching up the weights where I could handle more.
  • level 2 is a killer!!
  • azure7
    azure7 Posts: 136 Member
    Just finished D1 of L2. Not too bad, but I'm surprised my calorie burn was the same as for Level 1. I feel sweatier. Hmm. :huh:
  • charlottehammerton
    charlottehammerton Posts: 19 Member
    I've done day 2 of level 2 and I think i prefer it to level 1 not so boring, different moves I tried harder on day 2, I dont like the forward and back lunges hard to keep balance. I like the cardio - it's different - high knees is hard though!
    Going for a run today and don't think i can do both so will miss a day. I really ached when I went to bed though couldn't sleep because of it! But good news I have lost a pound, eventually after nearly two weeks of doing the dvd!

What time of day does everyone do the dvd? I seem to prefer mid morning when I can, I've tried early before work and it's too hard, evening I don't seem to have much energy, I prefer dropping my son to playschool then doing it.
  • mialegg
    I've done day 2 of level 2 and I think i prefer it to level 1 not so boring, different moves I tried harder on day 2, I dont like the forward and back lunges hard to keep balance. I like the cardio - it's different - high knees is hard though!
    Going for a run today and don't think i can do both so will miss a day. I really ached when I went to bed though couldn't sleep because of it! But good news I have lost a pound, eventually after nearly two weeks of doing the dvd!

What time of day does everyone do the dvd? I seem to prefer mid morning when I can, I've tried early before work and it's too hard, evening I don't seem to have much energy, I prefer dropping my son to playschool then doing it.

I do the dvd first thing in the morning before work, so I'm getting up at 5:30 to sweat it out with Jillian :yawn: It's good though because after it's over, I'm very awake and energized so it gets me going for the rest of my day.

Level 2 is hard though...I think I needed this challenge though because Level 1, while still hard, didn't get me sweating as much as this one does and it makes me really want to get to the point where I can finish all of the excercises like Natalie instead of having to switch to the beginner level on the second set. Hopefully I'll be there by the end of this level.
  • charlottehammerton
    I am really surprised with myself here - i have been for a jog this morning, and am going to attempt the dvd tonight! I must be addicted to it as I can't bear the thought of missing a day!! Ha! Plus tomorrow am going to a friends house for takeaway so need all advance help i can get! I am quite looking forward to the side jumps and last set of plank twist abs!!
  • charlottehammerton
    I do the dvd first thing in the morning before work, so I'm getting up at 5:30 to sweat it out with Jillian :yawn: It's good though because after it's over, I'm very awake and energized so it gets me going for the rest of my day.
  • charlottehammerton
    I am so stupid I do not know how to reply properly and "Quote" hahaha! How do you do it?

I was going to say to Mialegg that getting up at 5.30 and doing it is really good, I did try but found i felt sick after from the constant rushing afterwards getting 3 kids to school, although I really like the idea of it being done and out the way.

Also if you earn extra calories from exercise, and you're eating them is it better to do the exercise in the morning rather than at the end of the day if you know what i mean!!?
  • Lmdaniels
    Lmdaniels Posts: 91 Member
    I did Level 2 Day 1 today. I like it a lot better than level 1. The moves are much more interesting. I really felt the burn in my shoulders. Planks are rough. Ready to go at it again tomorrow!
  • jdel987
    jdel987 Posts: 15 Member
    I would really like to move to level 2 but I still can't do an unmodified push-up. Is it okay to move to level 2 if you're still doing knee push-ups.
  • tracyreeks
    tracyreeks Posts: 8 Member
    I would really like to move to level 2 but I still can't do an unmodified push-up. Is it okay to move to level 2 if you're still doing knee push-ups.

I still cant do them either but have moved onto level 2....I say if you feel like it then go for it..! Good luck....I did D6 of level 1 and D1 of L2 today....its tough! :laugh:
  • CeliCasi
    CeliCasi Posts: 12 Member
    Starting level 2 today!!! kinda excited about it!
  • alyrie
    alyrie Posts: 22 Member
    Level 2, Day 9 = DONE! That is seriously rough :P
  • L2 D1 here. That was freakin awesome. My abs and shoulders were DYING at the end. But....so much more fun than L1. Maybe I was just sick of doing L1 after 10 days? I don't know, but much more interesting. And only 2 sets of Jumping Jacks! YEA! I was REALLY sick of those!
  • ShamimAkhtar
    ShamimAkhtar Posts: 8 Member
    D1 of level 2...thats a tough workout for sure and I sweated loads!
  • mialegg
    Day 5 of L2 Done! Only 5 more days to go :ohwell: It's hard, but I keep telling myself only 20 minutes...only 20 minutes! It helps get me through and I always feel so much better afterwards.
  • charlottehammerton
    Day 5 too, and I really didnt feel like doing it but made myself as I didnt want to break the every day! Only 5 more until end of level 2 :laugh:
  • Lmdaniels
    Lmdaniels Posts: 91 Member
    Level 2 Day 3 done! I even felt well enough to do Hip Hop Abs right after! I feel great and I am seeing results which really motigates me.