Videogame Sound Tracks

Options
124»

Replies

• Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Skate or Die, intro song. On the Commodore 64. (nintendo wasn't nearly as good)

I even liked it for the NES!!!
    I love the anamanaguchi sounds track to scott pilgrim on Xbox live

http://www.8bitpeoples.com/discography

great site FREE music (no sign up or that crap) for chiptune fans ^_^

One of the best beat em ups/soundtracks indeed. Even the movie did a great job of portraying that comic. Soundtrack was pretty good too.

I'm amazed no one has yet to Mention Street Fighter 2. My favorite tune would have to be Ken's Stage and Sagat's.
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I have final fantasy ones
    aion
    trying to think of others but I have quite a few
    even advantage that does there own remixes and remakes of songs from Nintendo days lol
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Since we're talking about video game music, did anyone go see the Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Orchastra? Will you guys see the new one: Symphony of the Goddesses?

I so want to. But I have the Collectors Edition 25th anniversary Music CD that came with the game and golden controller for Skyward Sword. They will never come around my way :( Also, Mario music, Mario 64 has some of my favorite. The first world music is addictive. And Bowsers levels are also wonderous.

There is supposedly some more showings of it. Its a 4 part production. this is part 2. Maybe you will get ucky with 3 and 4.

Super Mario 64 has great great tracks. In Mario Galaxy 2 I flipped my $h!t when I went to the throwback galaxy and they had the theme from the first world redone. I have yet to find a great awesome mix of Bowser's world theme from Super Mario 64. The one in my head sounds so much more epic. If I ever had the chance to conduct a full movement it will be dedicated only to mastering an epic edition of that song. Now I'm gonna be humming it all day.
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    TheDreadPirateRoberts Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Loved the music used in the Gabriel Knight adventure series (PC) myself. It was really evocative and moving.

I also loved the music on Xenon 2 (Amiga) by Bomb the Bass. THe Amiga had some good music back in its day (http://listverse.com/2009/02/03/top-10-soundtracks-created-on-the-amiga/) and I also loved Speedball 2... though I was fairly dire at both.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I have final fantasy ones
    aion
    trying to think of others but I have quite a few
    even advantage that does there own remixes and remakes of songs from Nintendo days lol

I have 2 of The Advantage albums. Their rendition of the Goonies BGM is phenominal. They do pretty good with Castlevania. If you dig them, check out the NESkimos. A bit heavier.
    There is supposedly some more showings of it. Its a 4 part production. this is part 2. Maybe you will get ucky with 3 and 4.

Super Mario 64 has great great tracks. In Mario Galaxy 2 I flipped my $h!t when I went to the throwback galaxy and they had the theme from the first world redone. I have yet to find a great awesome mix of Bowser's world theme from Super Mario 64. The one in my head sounds so much more epic. If I ever had the chance to conduct a full movement it will be dedicated only to mastering an epic edition of that song. Now I'm gonna be humming it all day.

Ah yes, Throwback Galaxy. It was the main reason why I bought the game. I could've cared less about the rest of it.

Loved the music used in the Gabriel Knight adventure series (PC) myself. It was really evocative and moving.

I also loved the music on Xenon 2 (Amiga) by Bomb the Bass. THe Amiga had some good music back in its day (http://listverse.com/2009/02/03/top-10-soundtracks-created-on-the-amiga/) and I also loved Speedball 2... though I was fairly dire at both.

I never played Gabriel Knight games, but I read an article about it in Gameinformer and will now try to look for em. Retro systems did have a lot of memorable tunes. Orchestra and what not is all nice and dandy, but I still hum lots of blleps and bloops in my head every once in a while.