Step up question

Options
2»

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Actually, I'm pretty sure this is correct. I do 1 set using one leg, then whatever alternate set, then the next set using the opposite leg. I'm in stage 3 now, and this is how I've been doing it the whole time.

Um, no, actually it's not correct and you've been doing it wrong. You are supposed to do the number of reps each side for each set. Exception is the Stage2 workout A one point dumbbell row where you switch legs midway thru the set.
    If you say so. But I'm pretty sure if you're doing 15 reps, you're not supposed to be doing 30 in one set (15 each leg). But this has been discussed before in multiple threads and others came to the same conclusion as me.

Again, I do all my Step Up reps in one set on one leg (usually the left)
    Do my next alternating set
    Do all my reps on the opposite leg (usually the right)
    Do my other alternating set

Not gonna change it because you're telling me I'm doing it wrong. I mean really? Look through the other threads.

What do you do when you get to the end of stage one and there are three alternating sets - two sets on one leg and just one on the other?
    I do half on one leg and half on the other (set of 10 reps I do 5 on one leg and 5 on the other). There's other exercises later on in stage 2 and 3 that have 3 sets and would otherwise be uneven and I do the same thing. It's possible I'm not doing it as prescribed. But it works for me so I'm not planning on changing it.
  • ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I'm 100% convinced you are supposed to complete all reps on both legs (doing all reps on the non-dominant leg first and then doing all reps on dominant leg) during each set.

Agreed. I'm also pretty sure the book says "Finish all reps on one leg, switch legs and do reps on that side" or something similar...
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Actually, I'm pretty sure this is correct. I do 1 set using one leg, then whatever alternate set, then the next set using the opposite leg. I'm in stage 3 now, and this is how I've been doing it the whole time.

Um, no, actually it's not correct and you've been doing it wrong. You are supposed to do the number of reps each side for each set. Exception is the Stage2 workout A one point dumbbell row where you switch legs midway thru the set.
    If you say so. But I'm pretty sure if you're doing 15 reps, you're not supposed to be doing 30 in one set (15 each leg). But this has been discussed before in multiple threads and others came to the same conclusion as me.

Again, I do all my Step Up reps in one set on one leg (usually the left)
    Do my next alternating set
    Do all my reps on the opposite leg (usually the right)
    Do my other alternating set

Not gonna change it because you're telling me I'm doing it wrong. I mean really? Look through the other threads.

What do you do when you get to the end of stage one and there are three alternating sets - two sets on one leg and just one on the other?
    I do half on one leg and half on the other (set of 10 reps I do 5 on one leg and 5 on the other). There's other exercises later on in stage 2 and 3 that have 3 sets and would otherwise be uneven and I do the same thing. It's possible I'm not doing it as prescribed. But it works for me so I'm not planning on changing it.

Today was my first day of 3 sets.. and that's where it clicked for me that i was probably doing wrong all along.

So i did 1 set left leg, one set right leg, and then one set alternating.
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    My first workout I did one set in one leg then the other on the other leg. I then reread the book and am now convinced it is 15 on each leg in each set.....I'm 100% convinced by this (would prefer it not to be true but ce la vie)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    The book is not perfect, and there are actually a few areas that remain vague unless you've read it a few times, clearly by all the confusion here! I did only 1 leg per set at first too, not sure when I realized that it was meant for EACH leg. It sucks to do more than you thought, but it's all in the name of sexy legs!
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My first workout I did one set in one leg then the other on the other leg. I then reread the book and am now convinced it is 15 on each leg in each set.....I'm 100% convinced by this (would prefer it not to be true but ce la vie)

I 100% agree with you. It's good for ya, you know you love it :-)