What does a relationship mean to people now adays?

Options
12346»

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    a relationship is simply the interaction you have with someone else. FWB type relationships (yes these are relationships) are part of the reason why quasi relationships are so common now.

Well, you technically have a relationship with everyone that you meet & interact with. But I figure let's just cut the bull**** and go with a romantic relationship. Which case, a FWB shouldn't be a romantic relationship.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    and this is why I am single........ha

Me too, girl.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    It's about sex. No details. No kissing. No emotions.

No kissing? WTF? Are you serious? And yes, that is a serious question. Does nobody kiss their FWB? I highly doubt it.

No kissing during sex would be like hovering over the toilet to take a crap... can be done, but not easily perfected.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    a relationship is simply the interaction you have with someone else. FWB type relationships (yes these are relationships) are part of the reason why quasi relationships are so common now.

Well, you technically have a relationship with everyone that you meet & interact with. But I figure let's just cut the bull**** and go with a romantic relationship. Which case, a FWB shouldn't be a romantic relationship.

agreed. but like others have pointed out, the 2 people can have completely different ideas about what a FWB relationship is. i think in more cases than not, one person has hopes that the FWB relationship could develop into something more.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

agreed. but like others have pointed out, the 2 people can have completely different ideas about what a FWB relationship is. i think in more cases than not, one person has hopes that the FWB relationship could develop into something more.

then they are doing it wrong. Just because you WISH your relationship meant something more than what it really is, doesnt mean it IS more.

How many people wish that their friendship WITHOUT benefits was romantic but it isnt. Being in a FWB situation with someone that believes that this is a no-risk emotional situation, and having the intent of turning it into something else, is called having an agenda and hoping to use one thing to gain another - and you are pulling a bait and switch... Im offering no strings attached clean safe healthy fun sex! (but what I really want is for you to fall in love with me and attach all your strings to me and tell me that its about more than the sex, that you've fallen and want me and only me and we cant live without each other!!!)

If having an emotional strings-attached relationship based on love and togetherness and grabbing life by the horns together, with kisses and flirting and looking longingly into each others's eyes... is your goal - why would you base the beginning of that on something sans all emotion and intent of togetherness ever?

As a cover?