Virginie's progress! Starting on May 12!

Options

Replies

• virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I for one wish I had to reschedule due to rain. It's very dry here (East TN). I'm did W2D2 today and just keep plugging away. Kudos to you on passing the bar and your progress on C25K.

Thanks a lot! Week7 day 2 tomorrow! Here in Montreal, it's been cold and rainy since Sunday. Good luck with the program!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Did week 7 day 2 this morning! Such a nice temperature to run outside! Felt like I could continue at the end, will finish week 7 on Saturday, but feeling ready for week 8s challenge.
  • classictoaster
    Options
    I love reading this thread. Makes me want to start my own... (: Great progress virginie! Can't wait to see you graduate the program!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    I love reading this thread. Makes me want to start my own... (: Great progress virginie! Can't wait to see you graduate the program!

Thanks a lot!

I finished week 3 yesterday! Can't wait to run 28 min tomorrow and see the distance I jog! Only jogging at 5 mph, but very glad about my accomplishment!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Did week 8 day 1 and jogged those 28 min all the way. Distance jogged: 4K. I am very glad about it! It was a real challenge but I bet the 2 next workout in week 8 will feel easier. Now it's time for a big bowl of breakfast/lunch fruit parfait with some fresh strawberries I picked myself yesterday in a field near my house!
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, you are moving at a pretty good clip!! Go you!!!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    That is awesome, you are moving at a pretty good clip!! Go you!!!

Thanks a lot!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Week 8 day 2 was this morning. Jogged a little slower due to humidex factor (not to hot, just very humid today in Montreal) and due to being tired at 5:30 am. Still did almost 4k in 28 min!
  • sarbahanew
    sarbahanew Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    love reading your progress! I'm on W2 and this gives me motivation to keep at it! I can't imagine jogging 28mins in a row right now, but I hope to get there :)
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    love reading your progress! I'm on W2 and this gives me motivation to keep at it! I can't imagine jogging 28mins in a row right now, but I hope to get there :)

If I did get there, so will you! and again, thanks for the add! :)
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Just finished week 8! Felt that my endurance was better in today's run. I think I'm ready for the 30 min in week 9...WEEK 9 already! Time goes by way too fast and so does summer. So for today's run, I started with a light jog as usual, but halfway I noticed I was less exhausted and jogged the other half faster.

I will be 5h away from home this coming week traveling for work so I made sure there's a gym at the hotel where I can run and will still try to make myself a run map there with mapmyrun.
  • Randyamc
    Options
    That's great!!! Can't wait till I get there. Oh, and way to plan ahead!!
  • findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am having trouble getting motivated to begin C25k....But I want to do this so badly.
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    That's great!!! Can't wait till I get there. Oh, and way to plan ahead!!

Thanks a lot :)
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    I am having trouble getting motivated to begin C25k....But I want to do this so badly.

Just start, as you progress, you'll a,are yourself and won't want to stop!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Week 9 day 1 was this morning! Started a little too fast. I slowed down, but it was really hard at the end. Plus, at one point, the timer on my phone stopped for about 30 second. Good news: jogged 4.4 K at 10.58 min mile. Bad news: did not rest enough after it and made myself breakfast right after...the results: I started seeing points and seconds after, I could not see a thing and I felt not that conscious. I was home alone, and just had time time to find the living room to lay down. That was scary!

Now getting ready for today. Traveling for work until Friday.
  • buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Oh my.......take care of yourself!!
  • Randyamc
    Options
    Wow, that would freak me out!!! Longer cool down or more water maybe? I'm at a loss. Glad you are ok! I love your times!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Week 9 day 2 was this morning. I'm at a hotel traveling for work. Because its raining, I decided to run at the hotel gym. I put the speed to 10 min mile so I could run 5K, so I thought.... The workout felt good, I wasn't out of breath at all. At the end, I realized it was a km speed, not a miles one (I'm from Canada, but I usually calculate my speed in miles for MFP). So it turned out I only jogged 3 km in my 30 min jog. Oh well at least I jogged for 30 min and will do better Saturday morning back home.
  • Randyamc
    Options
    Oh well nothing. I'll be estatic when I can do that. Very impressed that you are stiking to it despite traveling and being out of your normal routine. Keep up the geat work!