New to paleo

Options
13»

Replies

• monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    My struggles so far have been with cheese (I love cheese!), and with corn chips/tortialls, and pizza. Everything else I can live without, but these are my weaknesses. Suggestions??

Cheese: I cut back on the amount I eat, and switched to goat and sheep cheeses. Both goat and sheep dairy are easier to digest than cow, and both are more 'paleo' than cows in that they could be taken with a hunter/gatherer group - unlike cows who need the post-agricultural anchor of a farm.

Chips: no real replacements. Kale chips are popular, also sliced jicama or anything else with some crunch to scoop up salsa. For the mist part, you just have to bite the bullet and walk away.

Pizza: look around the other threads - I've left a portabella pizza recipe in a few spots.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm wondering what to do about chips. Because sometimes I really want chips and dip. Something about the combining textures and flavors. And if you look at my diary this week, clearly that's one big thing I haven't cut out yet. :indifferent:
  • mehaugen
    mehaugen Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds! Fantastic chip substitute. well, maybe not fantastic as they are standard pork with lots of omega 6, but they are fried in their own fat (not rancid veg oils), which makes them my go-to gas station item of choice, over the roasted (and oiled) nuts.