Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    You can't download the client Tim?
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    So sad, dont got the money to get it yet....tear...please people play for me!
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    Sold out everywhere I went, so no D3 for me tonight... ah well. Probably for the best.

You can buy it directly from Blizzard if you don't mind not having the box and disc.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    What are everyone's thoughts on the game? I haven't played any of the other diablos but I am really interested in hearing how this one is!
  • kapeluza
    Options
    Stupid log in servers!!! %$^$%^#$@#
  • gostumpy
    gostumpy Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Bleh... Thoughts on the game? AWESOME... when it's working!

Stupid servers!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I was playing until I got booted :(
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Looks like the servers are coming back up!
  • Vespyr
    Vespyr Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I managed to delete my authenticator by accident...go me >.< No Diablo until Blizz finds my sad request somewhere in their backlog of requests. /cries-in-a-corner
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I've tried to login several times and have gotten errors every time.
  • annrum
    annrum Posts: 144
    Options
    The number of problems with login servers etc. made me glad that for once I'm away from home & won't be able to play until Thursday at the earliest (assuming my copy shows up in the post!). Maybe by then the login etc will be sorted.

Once I do have everything in place, I'd love to have some mfp friends :smile: note that I have no idea what I'll be playing yet!
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Oh, yes. Bought it, loaded it, intended to play, and then *POOF*. Nothing. Massive logjam.

What character class is everyone going to play? I didn't get to play, but I did look at the new classes.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I made a Demon Hunter. Having fun so far. Nothing groundbreaking, but fun game.
  • kapeluza
    Options
    Ok. Going to rant now.

WHAT THE F$CK is wrong with Blizzard? Seriously, it took you 10 years to develop this game and when you release the game you can't get your sh%t working?! Ugh, this is so dumb! I'm just going to blame Activision.
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Got my Barb up to lvl 12 yesterday when I could play, which wasn't nearly as much as I would have liked considering I pretty much took the day off to play. Also got a monk up to lvl 4 last night before I had to stop playing.

I expect in a couple of days, 99% of the problems will be resolved, but yeah, you'd think after all this time, Blizzard might finally be able to get a launch right. Obviously that's not the case.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    So question - is it worth me trying to free up space on my laptop? I've not really played any online games since Everquest first released, but I am looking for a good MMO to try, something not too difficult to learn would be great
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    So question - is it worth me trying to free up space on my laptop? I've not really played any online games since Everquest first released, but I am looking for a good MMO to try, something not too difficult to learn would be great

Diablo isn't really an MMO, it's an action RPG. If you're looking for something more like World of Warcraft, you should check out some of the Free-To-Play MMOs that are out there.

There are a bunch on Steam, I would check there first probably. http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Massively Multiplayer/

Guild Wars 2 is also coming out here in probably June or July, it's an MMO, but won't have any monthly fees once you buy the game. There's a pretty good bit of hype over it.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options

Diablo isn't really an MMO, it's an action RPG. If you're looking for something more like World of Warcraft, you should check out some of the Free-To-Play MMOs that are out there.

There are a bunch on Steam, I would check there first probably. http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Massively Multiplayer/

Guild Wars 2 is also coming out here in probably June or July, it's an MMO, but won't have any monthly fees once you buy the game. There's a pretty good bit of hype over it.

so more like a D&D type game - I play Torchlight on Xbox and well, let's just say I retired a couple of characters - so in those lines?
  • TimWilkinson101
    TimWilkinson101 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I succumbed and bought this today. Hopefully by the time I get to play it most of the problems will be ironed out. I'm on the EU servers (or will be) and my ID is AngeleDei#2505 I think.

As for a free MMO that you can play, most of them have a free model these days. What style do you like? How old is your laptop? Obviously WoW is the biggest and it also doesnt need too powerful a PC, but its not truly free (least not after level 20). I play Lord of The Rings Online which it is possible to play free to end game and the first areas are quite magical if you like the lore.

YOu can also play Everquest, Conan, Dungeson and Dragons and others free these days (they have shops where you buy "extras and quest packs"). You will soon be able to buy Guild Wars 2 which is an MMO with a slightly higher upfront cost but no monthly fees after that.
  • TimWilkinson101
    TimWilkinson101 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My understanding is Torchlight is very much like Diablo. Certainly people are comparing D3 with what they expect Torchlight 2 to be like.