Weekly Challenge: May 21-29

Options
Last Week's Challenge

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

- To earn a Fitness Enthusiasts+, Fitness Buff+, or Fitness Elites+ designation you need to drink 8 or more glasses of water everyday! (8 glasses = 8 cups = 64 ounces)

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

- *NEW* Playtime! : This week take some time out to get exercise the way you used to when you were a kid. RIde a bike, climb a tree, play tag, challenge someone to a race down the block, throw a ball around with someone... Anything you loved doing as a kid will work. Play for as long as you like. Earn a ♥.

Results

Fitness Elites:
♥Carrie+
Susan+
★CurlyPep
★Paul+
Stacy+

Fitness Buffs:
♥Debbie+
★Melissa+
★ ♥Clare
Ellie
♥Harold+

Fitness Enthusiasts:
♥Sonya+

Our total minutes this week: 3697
Per person average: 336
Most improved player: Susan!! 203 minutes more this week. Wowee Zowee!

Replies

• SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    This week's challenge (Will run through Monday to allow us to report in on Tuesday.)

It seems like the goal times worked really well for everyone last week. I am going to stick with them. Let me know if there are any other changes you would like to see.

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

- To earn a Fitness Enthusiasts+, Fitness Buff+, or Fitness Elites+ designation you need to drink 8 or more glasses of water everyday! (8 glasses = 8 cups = 64 ounces)

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

- *NEW* Bring a Friend. This week's side challenge is to encourage someone to participate in the challenge who either hasn't before or has been absent for awhile. Sometimes we all need a little support to get started. Is there someone in your life who needs encouraging? Get them to sign up for next week's challenge and earn a ♥.

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?

To report in at the end of the week, please fill out this little "form." Thanks!!

Exercise Minutes:
    8+ glasses of water daily: (yes or no)
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was)
    Playtime!: (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?)
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5)

It would really help out a bunch if we have a standard reporting form but please feel free to include more information about your week
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Showing Up is Half the Battle

Here is our current "Showing Up is Half the Battle" leader board (i.e. most consecutive log ins).
    Sonya - 260 days
    Ellie - 125 days
    Kelli - 125 days
    Debbie - 95 days
    Carrie - 80 days
    Paul - 65 days
    Susan- 60 days
    Clare - 40 days
    Jill - 30 days
    Sara Grace - 20 days

**You'll need to report in each Sunday or Monday to be included in the leader board. Let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. I will be updating your numbers in increments of 5 for simplicity's sake.

If you would like to be added to the log in board let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. We will update as we go! Good luck everyone!
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Ack! Sorry 30s! I got so wrapped up in helping my friend apartment hunt I lost track of it being Monday!

We had an incredible showing last week! Congrats all!

SG
  • camsmommy2008
    camsmommy2008 Posts: 131
    Options
    A big fat THANK YOU Sara for doing all of the leg work to keep us all motivated!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great week and I am going for the big daddy again this week :) with a playtime goal of playing ball in the yard with my toddler and a personal goal of burning 3500 calories!

:bigsmile:
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    I think I will end up in the enthusiasts this week. I'm planning to do three runs and take saturday and sunday off before my 10K so there won't be a lot of minutes clocked for me.

Going to to try and keep up 10 glasses for water a day and also setting the goal to complete my food diary every day (no matter what it looks like!).
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm in for buff - hope I can make it without any gardening this week!
  • BishopSmurf
    BishopSmurf Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Greetings,

Looks like i have been recruited this week. Should not be hard to get "buff" as i have two baseball games this week. (at least 90 min each) Talk about doing something you loved as a kid. I have not been in this much pain for a long time, and i love most of it. Going back for more punishment Thursday night and Saturday afternoon.

I have logged in for 30+ days in a row... and i was recruited by Susieq101178.

-Bishop
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Greetings,

Looks like i have been recruited this week. Should not be hard to get "buff" as i have two baseball games this week. (at least 90 min each) Talk about doing something you loved as a kid. I have not been in this much pain for a long time, and i love most of it. Going back for more punishment Thursday night and Saturday afternoon.

-Bishop

yay!! :happy:
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Greetings,

-Bishop

That's totally cheating :laugh:
  • susieq101178
    Options
    Greetings,

-Bishop

That's totally cheating :laugh:

I knew he was an easy sell :wink:
  • susieq101178
    Options
    Personal goal: be active EVERY DAY of the week (even if it's just a 20 minute walk or 30 minutes of weeding) . . . normally I have two rest days just so I can catch up on life. :tongue:

Maybe this goal will help me hit Elite again . . .
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Very pleased to have made the Elite list and even more so to have managed my cycling challenge. Lets see what this week has in store for me :-).
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    Exercised 45 minutes yesterday to start the week....Not committing to a certain bracket yet this week, since I am still not 100% :( I was struggling a little last night on my work out....all stuffy and congested still in my head :( I have been doing really well with water lately though, so that's good! :)
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying for the 400 mins/4200 cals

At least 5 cups of water.

I'm also trying to do some push-ups. I won't set a number.

I'll be at 45 days of logging on Wednesday.
  • Blueyz82
    Options
    Today I worked out for 45 minutes...so far this week I am @ 90 minutes of exercise and am still drinking lots of water...
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    As of yesterday I am at 155minutes for the week and I hope to add at least another 65 minutes to that later today! I hope everyone is having a productive week so far things have been busy for me!
  • Blueyz82
    Options
    worked out tonight for 50 minutes...up to 140 minutes for week so far...maintaining the water intake! :)
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Quick clarifications:

- You have until Tuesday to get in exercise this week. I figured we would all be busy on Monday with the holiday so we could extend the week a little. (Sorry Paul.)

- This week you just need to find someone willing to participate for next week. I was thinking this week's goal would be find/recruit someone and next week support/encourage them. Mostly I did it that way so that everyone would have time to find someone and their person would have time to join in on a complete week.

Susan and Todd, you can count your participation this week toward next weeks goal too. Over achievers! :-)
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    - You have until Tuesday to get in exercise this week. I figured we would all be busy on Monday with the holiday so we could extend the week a little. (Sorry Paul.)

- This week you just need to find someone willing to participate for next week. I was thinking this week's goal would be find/recruit someone and next week support/encourage them. Mostly I did it that way so that everyone would have time to find someone and their person would have time to join in on a complete week.

Actually Sara that's great news for me. With work being so busy my cycling time has been cut in half. Add to that the fact that my strength training workouts now take about half the time of my old mostly cv based workouts I'm struggling for my minutes this week. An extra day is going to be very helpful indeed. The only plus at the moment is with the hot weather my water consumption is through the roof. 15 glasses yesterday!
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    So excited this is going to be the first week that I will make the "elite" group!!! I already have 355 minutes and that's not counting tomorrow's workout!