Tell me something weird

Options
oddyogi
oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
About you! Anything. Could be a quirky habit or an interesting birthmark. Two things about me:

I'm addicted to sticking qtips in my ears, but not before running them under hot water first. I call it my eargasm.
I have a weird thing where I don't like my neck to be touched anywhere from the bottom of my chin to the top of my collar bone. When I'm lying down with a shirt on, or even sitting sometimes, I'll pull the neck of the shirt over my chin so it doesn't touch my neck. A lot of my work shirts are stretched out at the neck too because I'll pull them. I just now got around to wearing necklaces a few years ago, but I can never sleep in them. And turtlenecks have ALWAYS been a no-go.

Men I date normally scold me for the first habit and make fun of me for the second one. :tongue:

Replies

• will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I dont like to eat food I think is ugly or scary looking. I just recently ate my first black olive and they are delicious. I still will not eat cottage cheese, brussel sprouts, cauliflower and many many other foods that look freaky. Cant do it.

And I sleep while driving.
  • oddyogi
    Options
    I dont like to eat food I think is ugly or scary looking. I just recently ate my first black olive and they are delicious. I still will not eat cottage cheese, brussel sprouts, cauliflower and many many other foods that look freaky. Cant do it.

And I sleep while driving.

I love cottage cheese! Hate hate hate olives. I've tried to like them numerous times and I always spit them out.

Sleeping while driving might be dangerous my friend. Lol.
  • will010574
    Options
    It is highly dangerous and I dont do it on purpose...I fight it all the time and have to pull over sometimes.

Eargasm is weird, i am really trying to picture that and am going to have to try it!!
  • oddyogi
    Options
    Apparently it's bad for your ears.

Don't care, feels good. ;)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Will, I know what you mean, I fall asleep while driving all the time. It's even worse if I'm in the passenger seat. My mom conditioned it by driving me around when I was a baby-toddler to help us fall asleep, haha!

My quirk is that when I get really excited/happy/see something cute I flail. If someone is in my proximity they might get hit. I don't do it consciously, but it's like my body can only take so much before it has to express itself physically. This also usually accompanies by exclamations of joy or "squeeing". Or just yelling in general. There have been serious talks amongst my friends about buying me a straight jacket to see movies like Bolt or Puss In Boots.
  • sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I hate tomatoes.
    I like my cereal a bit soggy.
    I have a touch of OCD.
    I have a really high pitched laugh... not like Fran Drescher but it's loud.

... and I too have an addiction to eargasms... except I run my Q-tips under cold water. :)
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    Apparently it's bad for your ears.

Don't care, feels good. ;)

Only if you stick them too far in.

I have OCD and have to trace everyone's face in my mind when I'm talking to them, starting with the left eyebrow, then going to the right, skimming over the eyes, tracing the nose and then the lines around their mouth, and finally their lips. I'm glad people don't notice this about me. They might get freaked out :ohwell:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I eat ice..... alot of ice like a 10 pound bag of ice a day...... And no beofre you ask I'm not anemic I've have the tests..... I have an oral fixation and this helps keep me calm........
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I like pie ... i mean really i love apple pie with the crumb topping and i would eat the whole thing if given a chance so i can't have it in the house
  • will010574
    Options
    ..... I have an oral fixation and this helps keep me calm........

So many places to go with this!!!
  • oddyogi
    Options

Dammit you beat me to it.
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    I can't stand body hair! Everything below the neck must go!!! I have found the working out in the extreme heat of Texas and having hairy legs, arms, chest is really nasty when you sweat. Removing the hair gives your muscles the appearance of much more definition.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

Dammit you beat me to it.

Hence why I'm constantly chewing ice lol.... Please all my guy friends have already made every joke of that quality there is ..... believe me I'm used to it
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I can tell you when I'm missing a sock. All of mine are folded and organized.
  • mrmanmeat
    Options
    It is highly dangerous and I dont do it on purpose...I fight it all the time and have to pull over sometimes.

Eargasm is weird, i am really trying to picture that and am going to have to try it!!

As someone who has fallen asleep at the wheel and hit the guard rail, I recommend pulling over.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I can't stand body hair! Everything below the neck must go!!! I have found the working out in the extreme heat of Texas and having hairy legs, arms, chest is really nasty when you sweat. Removing the hair gives your muscles the appearance of much more definition.
    must...resist...commenting... :laugh:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    The freckles on the top of my left thigh form the constellation of Scorpio.
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I won't walk on street grates or man holes. Freaks me out.

I have to follow an exact ritual in the shower or it throws my day off. For example, wash hair, wash face, shave parts, etc.
  • mrmanmeat
    Options

I agree with this statement.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I love caffeine, it calms me down.