Tell me something weird

Options

Replies

• Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I was born with an accessory navicular (an extra bone in my foot), my blood type is B-, and I have a bifid uvula (a split uvula--it's like an upside down Y). I had a doctor tell me that the chance of having all of these rare things AND being left-handed is 1 in 13 million or something ridiculous. So, of course, my brothers called me a freak when we were young. :)

At the risk of sounding uneducated....what is a uvula? LOL. Sorry, I didn't take human anatomy!

It's the hangy thing at the back of your mouth.
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    I was born with an accessory navicular (an extra bone in my foot), my blood type is B-, and I have a bifid uvula (a split uvula--it's like an upside down Y). I had a doctor tell me that the chance of having all of these rare things AND being left-handed is 1 in 13 million or something ridiculous. So, of course, my brothers called me a freak when we were young. :)

At the risk of sounding uneducated....what is a uvula? LOL. Sorry, I didn't take human anatomy!

haha .. I don't know this either!
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    WEllllllllllllllllll if you must know..

If the cleaning lady at work cleaned the restroom and I can still see the cleaning product in the toilet (like at this job she uses a purple product), I will flush the toilet 5 times (I don't care if I'm wasting water!!!) to make sure the chemicals in the product and the chemicals in my pee don't cause an explosion on my butt.

:embarassed: I mean, I don't even think it's possible but in my head, it's always made sense. Thankyouverymuch!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

omg I just busted out laughing at my desk. Thank you!

That makes perfect sense. One can never be too careful when it comes to explosions near one's butt. :wink:
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options

Ooooh okay. Don't they take that out when you get a tonsilectomy? Cuz if so then I don't have one and I'm blaming it on that. :bigsmile:
  • llahairdna
    Options

Exactly! Don't worry--it's not something dirty!! :laugh:
  • llahairdna
    Options

Ooooh okay. Don't they take that out when you get a tonsilectomy? Cuz if so then I don't have one and I'm blaming it on that. :bigsmile:

No, I think you may be thinking of adenoids, which are commonly removed when tonsils are. Most everyone has a uvula, and having it removed is very very rare.
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options

If the cleaning lady at work cleaned the restroom and I can still see the cleaning product in the toilet (like at this job she uses a purple product), I will flush the toilet 5 times (I don't care if I'm wasting water!!!) to make sure the chemicals in the product and the chemicals in my pee don't cause an explosion on my butt.

:embarassed: I mean, I don't even think it's possible but in my head, it's always made sense. Thankyouverymuch!

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:laugh:
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

Ummm, pretty sure they don't take that out.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

wow.

yeah, still wow.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

OMG :laugh: :laugh: I needed that laugh
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I hate tomatoes.
    I like my cereal a bit soggy.
    I have a touch of OCD.
    I have a really high pitched laugh... not like Fran Drescher but it's loud.

... and I too have an addiction to eargasms... except I run my Q-tips under cold water. :)

I'm 3/4 Italian and I can't stand tomatoes!! I have learned to deal with red sauce though.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

wow.

yeah, still wow.

wow all you want but next time you sit on the toilet and there's cleaning product you'll think of me.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

I kind of have a similar issue with mixing my pee with the person who didn't flush before me's pee in a urinal... I don't think it will explode but it just doesn't seem right.
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm a writer/editor by profession and studied English in undergrad and grad school, but have a typo in my tattoo that I'm keeping out of pure stubbornness and the irony makes me smile. The more my family and friends tell me to get it removed, the more I put lotion on it to make it shine.

I can also watch a movie, like it, but then not remember that I watched it and watch it again as if I never saw it; not the same for books though. Once I read something it sticks forever.

I hate the intimacy of boardrooms. The fact that you're presenting, but can still hear if someone's stomach is growling tweaks me out.

And we wonder why we're all single! :smokin:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

I kind of have a similar issue with mixing my pee with the person who didn't flush before me's pee in a urinal... I don't think it will explode but it just doesn't seem right.

Completely agree!!!!! Ewwwwww..
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I'm a writer/editor by profession and studied English in undergrad and grad school, but have a typo in my tattoo that I'm keeping out of pure stubbornness and the irony makes me smile. The more my family and friends tell me to get it removed, the more I put lotion on it to make it shine.

I can also watch a movie, like it, but then not remember that I watched it and watch it again as if I never saw it; not the same for books though. Once I read something it sticks forever.

I hate the intimacy of boardrooms. The fact that you're presenting, but can still hear if someone's stomach is growling tweaks me out.

And we wonder why we're all single! :smokin:

what does your tattoo say and what is the typo?
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options

what does your tattoo say and what is the typo?

It's the one in my profile picture: "Some birds are not meant to be caged, thier wings are too bright.”

My artist got arrested during our session (my first), but he came back to finish since I came from out of town. He even joked about my needing to proof it (4 times) because he sucked at spelling. I was so focused on my hummingbird looking like a chick bird I just didn't catch it! Classic first inked story, so they typo is a keeper.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    my hair is naturally wavy so when it gets a bit on the long side it poofs out I guess it's the best way to describe it. and I HATE IT. I like to keep it short and I have some product like cream or pomade. I don't go crazy with it but I can't stand being outside my place with my hair being all outta control.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    watched Beastmaster as a kid, the scene where they put that thing down the guys ear - yeah - I have never been able to fall asleep without something covering my ears.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

wow.

yeah, still wow.

wow all you want but next time you sit on the toilet and there's cleaning product you'll think of me.

I pee standing up. I don't have to touch anything, get close to anything to blow my butt up.
    And I'll mix it together, I don't care, doesn't bother me. Makes cool colors