A LOL thread from the main forums

13»

Replies

• jackiecroberts
    jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
    Why is that yarnell guy always on the same sites. He is clearly misinformed!! Yikes, what a post. So glad I am here with all of you!!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    I'm not a big veggie eater so that is what makes me kind of worry a bit about increasing my calories. I am going to try and use the extra 100 for something that is better for me like maybe another piece of fruit or raw vegetable. Something happened to my taste buds when I was born I guess . I am such a picky eater and I hate being this way but my tastebuds are what they are.

Does anyone here like hummus. I'm trying to find a low cal dip for the raw veggies

I hate veggies and bought a health master blender and drink them all the time.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Yay I lost half a pound just increasing my calories 100 more a day, so far so good
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Or...just don't eat veggies, lol... wouldn't be the end of the world... EM2WL is all about making it work for you, maybe you can just double up on something you *do* like?

Kiki

I can't tell you how hard I cried with relief when I realized I wasn't going to have to radically change what I eat with EM2WL. I have severe sensitivity issues to foods texture and taste (comes with the brain damage package) and was struggling to eat 'right'. Two weeks of not eating and then realized I could just eat how *I* eat and make it work.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Yay I lost half a pound just increasing my calories 100 more a day, so far so good

Nice! Keep it up!
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    I will be honest- those threads do make me sad. But I get mad when I see a few certain users that pop up and basically encourage extremely low calorie, unhealthy methods of weight loss and use pseudo-science to try and back it up. I especially get angry when I see people who are still confused and figuring out how weight loss works take the bait. It's like they are encouraging people to go down the slippery slope toward an ED and it drives me nuts. I bite my tongue most of the time though!
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    1st time posting in this group.

just want to say, this group is fantastic, loads of really good information.

It took me a few months to realise that it's important to eat back your exercise calories, and eating more does work.

I've been telling this to my friend. She just joined recently. She is doing a very popular program in australia, they have her eating 1200 (yes low), and then NOT EAT BACK THE EXERCISE CALS. She basically eats nothing each day. cause she burns more than she eats.

I've talked to her about it, and she is like, but that's what xxxx says etc etc etc.
    I'm sure when she has plateaued in 12 weeks time, and is stuck at that weight for weeks, she'll come back and talk to me about it.
    I've given up trying to explain it too her, her mind is set, what can you do. I'll still be her friend, and I'll still worry about her, but she needs to do this one on her own.
  • gatorginger
    Since I increase my calorie intake by 100 a day more I have lost 1.2 pounds and I started the increase on Friday May 25th. I am looking forward to increasing it more soon.
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Since I increase my calorie intake by 100 a day more I have lost 1.2 pounds and I started the increase on Friday May 25th. I am looking forward to increasing it more soon.

Thats awesome!! Well done!!
  • gatorginger
    thanks