Introductions!

Options

Replies

• chica23GK
    chica23GK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I'm a woman in my 50's who feels 30 :) My weight gain came w/marriage & kids. I've lost & gained the same pounds over & over. I had one successful weight-loss which I maintained for 3 years but then it all came back & plus some. I found MFP about a month & 1/2 ago and have lost 10 lbs :) I joined because my mom's health issues caused me to take a serious look at my own health - she's had diabetes for years and was recently diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver due to fatty liver. Did you know fatty liver can lead to cirrhosis?! I didn't. According to a recent article in Women's World magazine, 50% of women have fatty liver. Fatty liver can be reversed; cirrhosis cannot. So here I am ... I look forward to this challenge for the motivation and encouragement. How wonderful to have so much company!
  • tke040
    tke040 Posts: 2
    Options
    My name is Theresa Edwards. I am 41 yo. I am starting with a low goal of 10 #. I am taking baby steps to run this mile. Just had a partial knee replacement 12weeks ago and headed for the second one in october. I need to protect the new joints. With the support of my new friends I will be able to do this. I'm hear to support as well. Good luck all.
  • Irish_Lanie
    Irish_Lanie Posts: 100
    Options
    Hi Im L! Lost 35 pounds several months ago. Then first of this month injured my back. Waiting on MRI, in the meantime its halted my running. :( I have gained 10 pounds, joined MFP and hope to lose some by being stricter with my diet until I can be more active again.
  • rebeccaME207
    rebeccaME207 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi my fit pals!!
    I'm Rebecca from maine. Turning 31 tomorrow I'm not where I want to be in life and I find I push feelings down with food binging. I am very excited to join this group to have, as well as be , a source of support.
    Cheers, Lets all get to our goals and live a full, happy, healthier life!
  • colechartier
    colechartier Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cole

I'm a 27 year old Mum to three awesome boys (3.5, 2 and 8 months) I'm having a real tough time getting this baby weight off this time!

I'm from the Niagara area in Ontario Canada and have recently just got into the whole gym thing. I want to be a fit nd healthy mum for my boys and if we are blessed with another baby id prefer to gain a healthier amount of weight
  • zweetblue
    zweetblue Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey Im Z,

Just want to a healthier, better me and Im excited to share my journey with you! My goal weight is 175. Stay encouraged by every success!!!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I am so ready to get rid of this last ten pounds! (Okay so it's more like 15). This challenge has the potential to bring me within 5 lbs of my LTG!

I am a 37 year old mother of two girls. This is pregnancy weight, but my youngest turns 4 in July, so I guess I am in denial lol. I lost 50 lbs but badly miss my pre-kid body! I know my body will not be the same as before kids, but I want to feel and look the best I can! Enough of the endless plateau!!!

Stephanie
  • lkellandmay
    lkellandmay Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Am I too late?
    I am Laura and really need to trim up and get fitter, eat healthier, and lose some weight!
    My feet hurt, my clothes bulge,my buttons pop and my boobs flop and I H A T E it.

I accept your challenge to lose 10 pounds by July 8th... Gladly and look forward to it!

thanks for putting this out here for us to take part in!

~Laura
  • ktcoakley
    ktcoakley Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi guys...I'm Katie 34 yo mother of one daughter Ella! I'm an RN and from Oklahoma! I'm ready to lose this wt and I'm excited about this group! Life is busy between work...home life and my daughters softball but I'm ready to make some time for myself to lose some wt and get healthy! I def need the motivation and accountability! Ty for allowing me to take part! Lets do this! Good luck guys!
  • proclaimergirl
    Options
    Hi.
    My name is Marina. I am 40 years old and the mom of 2 boys. I live in Alberta, Canada. I am struggling with those last 10 pounds! Grrrr. I've been successful on MFP and have lost 9 pounds!! Woo Hoo!! I'm hoping to meet some new friends so we can encourage each other. :)
  • kalkat
    kalkat Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Kalani and I am a 33 year old, mother of one. I am a software programmer in Denver, CO. I need motivation to lose, and I am excited about this challenge! I lost a bunch of weight last year and I felt so good, but I slipped and kept sliding. So far, I have lost 8 pounds in the last month, so this would get me 2/3 of the way to my first goal. Feel free to add me as a friend, the more the merrier! Good luck everyone!
  • soulfulleoness
    Options
    Hi~ My name is Dina and I am 38 (ALMOST 39) and a mother of 4. Happy in every single area of my life except my body weight. This is just the kick in the bum that I need. I realize that being held accountable and supportive is the only way I can do this. My ultimate goal is 30 lbs... 20 would be OK. so 10 is a start, right?
    Let's do this!
  • puneet80
    puneet80 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, my name is Puneet from Camarillo , California. I am 36 years old and have 2 kids. My curent weight is 167.6 lb and want to recue my weight to 150 lbs by July 8th 2012. :smile:
  • MissMooni
    MissMooni Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I'm Elisa. I am 29 years old and live in Southern California. I began a new job about 3 years ago which is a high stress environment but also very sedentary which is why the weight began to creep up on me. I gained 30 pounds in a year!! I've been working towards my goal weight for about a year and a half. I started at 174 (I'm 5'8) and have dropped 20 pounds since I began dieting. The hardest thing for me is excercise. I have about 15 pounds to go and have been feeling like I've hit a wall, so the motivation of a group like this is definitely needed!
  • 7bel0
    7bel0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm Brooke. I'm 24. I love this idea of a challenge! Makes me really excited! Here's my stats!

HW: 290 (makes me want to cry)
    MFP starting weight: 247
    CW: 228.4
    GW: 180

I've struggled lately getting out of a plateau. I've been on the 17 day diet for 15 days now and have lost 11 pounds since I started. I hope this will be some added motivation to keep me on track on this new lifestyle I'm trying to live.
  • vianeidy
    vianeidy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Vianeidy. I'm a 23 y/o paralegal, student and mom in Albuquerque, NM. I am really looking to start a healthier lifestyle. After high school I stopped working out and thr weight just went up and since I have gone up 50 lbs. I want to eventually get back to 120 and I know that's going to take discipline and time. Good luck everyone and let's get each other motivated to make these changes in out lives. :-)
  • theboomness
    theboomness Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Warda 21 years old and from the UK.

My current weight is 138 pounds and I want to push it down to 128pounds by the 8th July!

Good luck everyone and let's do this :D
  • Copperycat
    Copperycat Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi All

I am a 47year old mum of 2 and weigh 175lb. I joined this site today and was SHOCKED to realise that the BMI calculator says I am Obese. I knew I was overweight (by a fair bit!) but this has made me realise that I really need to do something. Delighted to find this group - just what I need. Good luck to everyone - we can do it :-)
  • sarlil
    sarlil Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Sarah, im from Leeds in the UK.

Im fairly new to the site but am ready and willing to put in the hard work needed to achieve my weight loss goals.

My current weight is 173lbs and I want to drop this down to 154lbs
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    HIYAAA

Im delonda :) Would LOVE to lose 10lbs if not more...so I know I need to go HARDCORE for the next 6wks starting today. I am not TOO FAR from my goal maybe about 25 off. but ive been withing this 4lbs range between 148-152 for 2 weeks...soooo hopefully i can get down to 136!