Plank a Day - JUNE!

Options
jlbay
jlbay Posts: 473 Member
Is it okay to continue the planks into June in this group?

If so here are my Day1 Stats!

Plank: 65 seconds
Side Plank: 20 secs ea side

Replies

• kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Just jumping in and marking my spot for later! Question? I see the "image" showing a plank on your forearms. I have always done them on my hands...like the start to a full push-up. Does it matter? Also, for the side planks, I am assuming you stack your feet and are on your forearms for that?

Thanks, and Happy June!
  • ahajduk
    ahajduk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    6/1

1: 2 min 30 sec
    2: 1 min
    3: 40 sec
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Good Morning to all my planking friends,

Thanks, Jlbay for getting us started for June.:bigsmile:

Kackie, there are no rules on this challenge......I like the planks on forearms better but whatever you do is fine....this is really a challenge with yourself and we just report and support and encourage each other:bigsmile:

I have to walk my dogs now and I'll do my planks later and report them.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: Barbie from NW Washington
  • jlbay
    Options
    The forearm/dolphin plank is just a variation. I think it is a good variation if the push-up style plank hurts your wrists. You can do whatever plank variation you want for the challenge. I've done both and the core work seems to be the same, but the arms are worked differently. But, everyone's different and might feel the work in different areas.

Side plank: start in push up position and pull your body up onto one arm, feet stacked with the outer edge of the bottom foot pressing into the floor. Then you raise your top hand straight up. Don't let your hips drop and keep body in a straight line. A beginner variation is to start with both legs bent and resting on the side of the knee and calf on floor, then one leg bent for the next level. It is killer!

Google "plank variations" - there are tons of pics of planks.
  • walker001
    walker001 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi all, 1st time in this group. Looking forward to doing some strength training with you gals. I did 25 min workout which included

3 planks
    One from my knees 30 seconds

Two from my elbows 15 seconds each.

It is not alot but it is a start.

Judy

Thanks Barbie for inviting me to join this group.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

1. 2 minutes
    2. 1 minute 30 seconds

It's great to see all of you today......this is going to be a productive month for all of us
  • peppiee
    peppiee Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    70 seconds

Off to Aruba Sunday, so don't know how many planks I'll be doing, on the other hand I'm wearing a bikini :)
  • ahajduk
    ahajduk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    70 seconds

Off to Aruba Sunday, so don't know how many planks I'll be doing, on the other hand I'm wearing a bikini :)
    I don't need to know this... LOL

Have fun in Aruba!
  • kackie
    Options
    Day 1:

Plank 1: 60 seconds
    Plank 2: 75 seconds
    Plank 3: 60 seconds

Side1: 20 seconds
    side2: 20 seconds

Thanks, Barbie and jlbay, for the "instructions" and tips. I do planks in yoga but didn't know if you had all decided on one kind for everyone. And the side planks are tougher!!!

Pepplee: Have fun in Aruba...I can picture Planks on the beach in a bikini for sure:-)
  • jlbay
    Options
    DAY 2

Hi everyone. I was drinking a gin & tonic and realized I hadn't done my planks yet! I think the g&t helped.

So, after a G&T:

Plank: 70 seconds
    Side Plank: 25 sec ea side.
  • moniquea93
    moniquea93 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Day 1 regular plank 1 minute 57 seconds
    Day 2 side planks 50 seconds on each side
  • walker001
    Options
    sorry none for me today, my tummy is not very good tonight and I am going to bed early. Hope I am not coming down with something.
  • jlbay
    Options
    Day 3

At least, it is over here in the UK.

I did a lot of planks in my yoga practice today, including 2 planks that I held until I couldn't any more.

No times for today - but I got my plank in.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: I left my house at 5:30 AM Saturday to meet a friend to drive two hours to an all day line dance workshop (8AM to 10PM). I did my planks before I left but didn't have time to post them.

1. 2 minutes
    2. 1 minute 30 seconds.

We stayed in a motel Saturday night and when I got up I did my planks in the room before going for a walk for an hour

1. 2 minutes
    2. 1 minute 30 seconds
    3. 30 seconds.

I'm home now and glad to be here but not as glad as the dogs who bounced all over when they saw me.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • walker001
    Options
    Sunday, yesterday I was not feeling well but pretty good today. Tonight before bed I did my planks.

I am improving. Today I did...

knee planks 90 min

full plank 40 min

That is an improvement from the first time.
  • kackie
    Options
    Sunday:

Full plank: 1 @ 65 seconds

Monday:

Side Planks: 25 seconds each side
    Full Planks: 3 @ 70 seconds
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile:

happy to home and back to my regular life and routine :bigsmile:

1. 2 minutes
    2. 1 minute 30 seconds
    3. 35 seconds.

:laugh: I've been thinking about the side plank but still haven't tried doing it.......I guess the first step might be looking for a video or pictures so I can learn how to do it.:bigsmile: then I can add it to my "plank plan"
  • walker001
    Options
    Not a great day for planks. I did a 10 km bike ride, some strenght training and by the end I couldn't do planks. i did do the knee plank for 40 min. But the regular plank only for 25 seconds. Tried a side plank and held only for 10 sec.

Tomorrow is another day.
  • walker001
    Options
    Today is Tuesday and I got my planks in early.

2 knee planks 1 - 30 sec and 1 - 15 sec
    1 regular plank 30 sec.
  • jlbay
    Options
    DAY 5

I totally spaced day 4 - so much going on!

I had a plank heavy yoga class today - no timed plank, but I definitely got my plank on.

So tired - lots of exercise plus heavy house cleaning and I'm exhausted! It is hard to workout hard while trying to lose lbs!