Replies

• kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    From Monday:

I did Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, level 3 and there are:

2 sets of walking push-ups for a total of 2 minutes
    2 sets of plank rows (done with free weights) for a total of 2 minutes

Those, plus some "supermans" & some of the other free weight exercises have made my neck, shoulder and upper back a bit sore & tight today, so I am stretching, walking and take the day off of Planks:tongue: Back tomorrow:flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Kackie, that's an awesome workout

:flowerforyou: jlbay, your yoga class sounds more light strength training

:flowerforyou: walker, you're doing great

Tuesday planks.
    1. 2 minutes
    2. 1 minute 30 seconds
    3. 40 seconds

Kackie, what are walking pushups?
  • tamsinwhitfield
    tamsinwhitfield Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Jumping in, as my trainer started timing me on planks again today!

06/06/2012: 3:34

Quite pleased with this, as the last time I was timed (about six weeks ago) was only in the 1:45 region, so definite progress!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: welcome, tamsinwhitfie, that's an awesome plank

I usually do planks in the earlier part of the day but I forgot and when I remembered I was already tired (my step counter says over 38,000 steps) so I just did one plank for two minute 15 seconds...:bigsmile:
  • kackie
    Options
    Wednesday:

ONE plank: 80 seconds

Meant to do more, but the day got away from me. Also, still a bit sore from Monday.

Barbie: Walking pushups: .you start in a plank on your hands but with your right hand out to your right side a bit...go down for a push up then "walk" your hands to the left, and right hand to center. Go down for a push up, then walk to the right. (so you are pushing up to the right then to the left..instead of center) Continue for 2 minutes. So it is to the beat of: "Walk..Walk,...Down...Up, Walk...Walk, Down...Up.." Does that make sense? It has taken me a while to progress to making the entire 2 minutes keeping that beat.
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Day 6

I planked in yoga, but no timed plank.

Day 7

Planks in Yoga class, plus timed planks: plank 65 sec and side plank 20 ea side.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: Kackie, I tried the walking pushups and did three sets (counting pushups not timed) and did 4 in the first set, 6 in the second, and 7 in the third which is pretty amazing for me since on my last weight training session I could do only 9 pushups in a set without the walking.

:flowerforyou: I've decided to stick with one plank a day for this challenge.....if I'm not careful I tend to over complicate things and before long I have hours of things I've committed to do.:laugh: so my timed plank today was three minutes :bigsmile:
  • ahajduk
    ahajduk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have been planking, but have not been logging. I am up to 3 min on the first plank and 1:30 on the next two planks. I am also doing (3) 1 min planks with alternating knee ups (bring knee of 1 leg up to chest and alternate) as well. Started doing burpees and 20 lunges per day (another challenge I entered) and have continued with the suspension training.

Just turned 42 on 6/4 and I am going to be in the best shape of my life by my next birthday... self fulfilling prophecy!!
  • kackie
    Options
    Thursday: Plank one: 2 minutes!
    Plank two: 90 seconds

Friday: Plank one: 2 minutes
    Plank two: 80 seconds

Barbie: WTG on the walking push-ups! I understand how easy it is to have too many things going on at once and going in too many different directions! I tend to do that with many things! (Gardening & painting also.) BUT...just to add an idea you might want to try sometimes too: Plank jacks! You start in plank and you jump your legs out and then in. I do that for 2 minutes as part of another exercise challenge. It has taken a while to work up to the 2 minutes and it includes 2 sets along with Plank Twists, which are sort of what ahajduk is doing except you twist your knee to the side once you bring it to your chest. One thing I can say for sure after all of these Plank-type exercises...my mid section is in better shape than it has been in a long time and my clothing sure fits differently!:bigsmile:

ahajduk: WTG on the 3 min plank...and the birthday!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: ahajduk, glad to see you again......I've missed you...WTG on all your plank variations.....I believe that if you keep up this pace you'll be in outstanding shape by your next birthday :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: and Happy Birthday :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Kackie, I'm going to resist adding all your variation suggestions today and file them to use a few weeks from now when I'm revising my weight training routine.:laugh: I am already doing 100 lunges a day for 100 days, a daily step challenge (my goal is at least 17,000 and hopefully 20,000 steps a day), and weight training three days a week (inspired by "Strong Women Stay Young" and "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" and, of course, my three line dance classes a week.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: So my one plank today was 3 minutes :bigsmile:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: my one plank today 3 minutes :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • kackie
    Options
    Today: One Plank: 2 minutes

But...also...as part of my other exercise:

2 sets of Plank Jacks
    2 sets of Walk-out Pushups
    1 set of Plank Twists

Barbie: WTG on your 3 minutes! That is AWESOME! You have quite a few other challenges going on, so I certainly don't think you need to do one more thing right now!

Happy Sunday:-)
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: Kackie, you are doing some amazing things...you are really strong and working at staying strong :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: my timed plank :bigsmile: 3 minutes

:flowerforyou: today is our Isagenix cleanse day---the closest I get to a rest day......I walked the dogs in the morning and let DH walk them later.....the work in my yard was fun and relaxing but by noon I was back in the house watching a movie with DH and folding laundry.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I did my 3 minute plank after walking the dogs and now I'm headed out to work some more in the yard.......we have sunny weather and temps over 60 degrees :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jennifer1497
    jennifer1497 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi all, sorry I have been gone for a minute but I am back and all about planks in June. Yesterday, was only a minute, I am hoping to go 5 seconds longer today. It is crazy how when you stop doing them, you have to literally start all over again. :/
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: I tried the plank jacks today......just a few of them at the beginning of my 3 minute plank......that's a great idea to make the plank more challenging rather than longer.....tomorrow I pay attention to how long I do the plank jack part and challenge myself to do a little more each day. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: Jennifer, it's good to see you back on the challenge.....you'll be back in the groove before you know it.
  • kackie
    Options
    Hello!

Today I did ONE plank hold for 2 minutes. That's all the planking I will do today:-)

Barbie: WTG on the Plank Jacks! I do think they REV the metabolism a bit (NOT that you need that:-)) and I like to mix them in a day or 2 during the week along with the other variations. When I first started doing them a couple of years ago, I could not do them for more than about 15 seconds! It's nice to see some progress isn't it?
  • jennifer1497
    jennifer1497 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Another plank down! :) 70 seconds! I am getting there....again.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: today I did my 3 minute plank starting with 8 plank jacks....wow that was a challenge.:bigsmile:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: today I did my plank along with my weight training routine.....I did a 3 minute plank that started with 8 plank jacks :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: