Plank a Day - JUNE!

Options

Replies

• jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't checked in, but am traveling until the 25th. I've also been slacking on my planks - only three this week- but we've been SO busy, I'm exhausted. Hoping to do better for the second half of the trip (and not find myself with too much of a setback. Ok, I'll try to check in again when I have Internet .
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't checked in, but am traveling until the 25th. I've also been slacking on my planks - only three this week- but we've been SO busy, I'm exhausted. Hoping to do better for the second half of the trip (and not find myself with too much of a setback. Ok, I'll try to check in again when I have Internet .

I hope your traveling is wonderful.....

:bigsmile: today I went to line dance class in the morning and taught a class in the afternoon and did my plank in between

3 minutes beginning with 9 plank jacks.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: 3 minutes with 9 plank jacks and later 2 minutes :bigsmile:
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am back from my few days at the beach and then no internet at home because of a cut line!

I did a plank every day while away for 2 minutes and some variations along with them. (Plank Twists, plank jacks) I seem to be stuck with the 2 minutes! When I am also doing my upper body free weights the same day, I am so tight, it is difficult to add much more. But I will keep trying:-)

I had a massage while at the beach:love::love: :love: and the masseuse had to do some major work to get a few knots out of my right shoulder area. She asked me WHAT I was doing to cause those knots. I guess I am not stretching that area well after these workouts. :grumble: OR...Am I doing something wrong to cause these knots, I wonder?
    Will have to work on that!

barbie: WTG on the plank Jacks!!!:flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: Kackie, I missed you and am happy to see you posting again....congrats on doing planks while you were gone.

today is our Isagenix cleanse day so I'm taking it easy and coming as close to a rest day as I can. I walked the dogs for the usual two hours in the morning and did some puttering in the garden but now I'm relaxing with my hubby celebrating Father's Day by watching the final round of the US Open Golf Tournament.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: I left off the plank jacks today and did a plank for 3 minutes and then awhile later another one for 2 minutes.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: one 3 minute plank today :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: one 3 minute plank today :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: another 3 minute plank today :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: Thursday ---came home from my friend's wedding and realized I hadn't done my plank so I rolled out the mat and did a 3 minute plank in my fancy dress :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: so where is everybody?????

:bigsmile: 3 minutes again today :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • kackie
    Options
    Hey there! We had our internet (DSL) cut AGAIN for the past 2 says, so no posting for me! I could log food but not message boards on my phone...Also weird stomach thing the past 24 hours or so...NO planks for me today. I did 25 Plank Jacks Thursday and a 2 minute 10 second Plank Hold. Back to it tomorrow:tongue:

Barbie: I love the image of the 3 minute plank in your fancy dress. :bigsmile: DH has walked into our room when I am in one of my Plank Holds and said, "Are you ALL RIGHT?...Did You fall down?" Of course, he is kidding, but it does cause him to pause.

Keep it up!!!:flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Kackie, I should have realized that only lost internet would keep you from posting....you are so faithful and committed....wow, 25 plank jacks....that's awesome :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: I did my 3 minute plank again today :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • kackie
    Options
    Barbie: So even on a "rest" day, you get in your 3 minute plank! WTG! I am still feeling weak and strange, but I did get my plank jacks in but could only hold my plank after that for 90 seconds. I did do some free weights before that, so I think that wiped me out!

You're right....WHERE is EVERYbody? I know...it's summer time!:glasses:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: :sad: Kackie, those plank jacks are a killer......I did planks mixed in with my weight training today......3 minutes at the beginning....two minutes later......then tried plank jacks and did 10 of them as part of another 2 minute plank but 10 was all I could do.

:flowerforyou: I made a commitment to myself to do weight training today because I hadn't done it in over a week and I hated to come in from the sunshine to do it.
  • kackie
    Options
    Hi Barbie!

I only did one Plank today and only for 70 seconds. I am feeling so much better, but after my walk and other floor exercises, I was wiped out. (We are humid here all of a sudden and after not feeling well, that did me in!) 70 seconds was all I could do. Oddly, when I first tried Plank Jacks and other metabolic (I think thats what they are called) exercises 2 years ago, I could only do a few without stopping. I now find them easier than "holding" the plank for too long. I do think it is best to mix things up regardless...you certainly do a good job of that!

I can tell these planks are helping strengthen my upper body, so I will KEEP at them:tongue:
    Kackie
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Kackie, I hope you're feeling better..........it looks like this challenge has come down to just the two of us.......I'll keep going but probably post only until the end of the month.....you and I connect on women ages 50+ so we'll never lose track of each other.

:bigsmile: I did a three minute timed plank today but no little extras.
  • kackie
    Options
    Hi Barbie: Yes, this has become a 2 woman challenge it seems! What good company though:-)

Yes, I feel better, thank you, and yesterday, because of getting rained on, I did J. Michaels 30 day shred DVD. It is what got me into the plank jacks, mountain climbers, plank twists, squat thrusts and things like that. That type of interval training has definitely helped my overall strength. Anyway, I counted the number of plank jacks during the workout...there were 60! 2 sets of 30. I did them all:tongue: (It has taken me 2 whole years to be able to do the entire workout...especially this part) Then there were 46 squat thrusts...2 sets of 23. (or that's how many I could do in the time given) Plank twists: 30. After that...and the other weight training on that DVD, I did NOT do another PLANK!

Will go back to trying to hold a plank longer today without the other variations! Have a good day:flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: I'm glad to hear that it took time to get to where you are with the plank jacks and other variations. I did my timed plank at the end of my weight training routine but didn't add any variations.

I read something today about planks that suggested working up from easier variations until you could do a full plank for 30 seconds then go on to one foot planks for 30 seconds on each side so I am way ahead of that.

I've heard about the 30 day shred but have never seen it or tried it.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: I tried my plank today one leg at a time and found that I could hold it with one leg for only 18 seconds for each leg....then I finished the 3 minutes.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: 3 minute timed plank including 18 seconds on each leg alone :bigsmile: