Question on MFP settings

Options
erincampbell9
erincampbell9 Posts: 62 Member
Hi - so if my BMR is 1516, to do my MFP settings and keep it simple...could I put my calorie goal at 1516 and then I put in my exercise numbers and eat them back? Netting my BMR.

My TDEE with "little to no exercise" to maintain is 1819 (20% reduction is 1455 - too low I know)
My TDEE with "5-6 hours of strenuous exercise" (which is what I actually do) to maintain is 2616 (20% reduction is 2092)

So do I put in 1516 and eat exercise calories back or should I put in 2092 and not eat exercise calories back?

Or is there a better way to do the MFP settings?

I am not trying to be overly picky about the settings but I like to track my exercise and keep the calorie counts simple and accurate.

Thanks!

Replies

• emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Actually this is how I do it too! Because I like to track my exercise, and am easily confused by numbers, setting my calorie goal at my TDEE - 15% was confusing me because MFP would add in my exercise calories! I have found that what I burn exercising in a day is REALLY close to my TDEE - 15% so when MFP adds in my exercise I am generally aiming to eat all of those calories, and if not it is easy enough to make sure I consume 1800 =D Just do what is simplest for you!
  • erincampbell9
    erincampbell9 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks! So I think I am going to set my calories at 1516 and with my regular exercise routine at (500-700 calorie burn a day), this should take me to about the 2092 (TDEE - 20%). Whew, sometimes you just have talk it out I guess.