Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Question on MFP settings

erincampbell9
erincampbell9 Posts: 62 Member
Hi - so if my BMR is 1516, to do my MFP settings and keep it simple...could I put my calorie goal at 1516 and then I put in my exercise numbers and eat them back? Netting my BMR.

My TDEE with "little to no exercise" to maintain is 1819 (20% reduction is 1455 - too low I know)
My TDEE with "5-6 hours of strenuous exercise" (which is what I actually do) to maintain is 2616 (20% reduction is 2092)

So do I put in 1516 and eat exercise calories back or should I put in 2092 and not eat exercise calories back?

Or is there a better way to do the MFP settings?

I am not trying to be overly picky about the settings but I like to track my exercise and keep the calorie counts simple and accurate.

Thanks!

Replies

• emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Actually this is how I do it too! Because I like to track my exercise, and am easily confused by numbers, setting my calorie goal at my TDEE - 15% was confusing me because MFP would add in my exercise calories! I have found that what I burn exercising in a day is REALLY close to my TDEE - 15% so when MFP adds in my exercise I am generally aiming to eat all of those calories, and if not it is easy enough to make sure I consume 1800 =D Just do what is simplest for you!
  • erincampbell9
    erincampbell9 Posts: 62 Member
    Thanks! So I think I am going to set my calories at 1516 and with my regular exercise routine at (500-700 calorie burn a day), this should take me to about the 2092 (TDEE - 20%). Whew, sometimes you just have talk it out I guess.