Stephanie's Body Revolution

Options
stephanj
stephanj Posts: 898 Member
Hi All,

I really liked reading other people's BR journeys, so I decided to start my own thread, I hope that's okay?

A little about me - I'm 37, 2 kids, and gained a ton of weight with both pregnancies. I've lost roughly 60 lbs of my pregnancy weight, but I keep hovering at around 10-15 from my final goal. I just did five months of PINK method, which took 13 lbs off me and is an awesome program, but I started to get a little bored after 5 months and my weight is creeping up, so enter my old friend Jillian!

What is keeping me going is the knowledge that I will never be satisfied until I have reached that magic prepregnancy number!

Height 5'5"
HW: 208-215 - pregnant
CW: 147
GW:135

Measurements:
neck:13.5
u.arms:13
bust:38
waist:31.75
belly:36
hips:39
thighs:20.75
calves:14.75

Ugh I just took my before pictures and it is worse than I thought. How can I be so in shape and yet the layers of fat on my body hide it all? A painful but necessary step, facing my reality. I will figure out how to post those soon.

I start Monday, who's with me?!

Replies

• suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hi :happy: my name is Suzanne.I did the first phase before.Then I went to my sons wedding and never went back to finishing the program.I am going to start again on Monday too so I'll be with you and do my best to motivate you the best I can ok?My kids are going to be home from school for the summer real soon.I don't know how much of this Body Revolution I can get fit in.But I will try my best to do most of it for 3 months for this summer.It's nice to meet you and do this with you.We can do it :happy:
  • stephanj
    Options
    Okay, day 1 down.

I enjoyed it! I actually like the suicides, although I am scared running man is going to hurt my knee so I am doing mountain climbers instead. Did the cardio right after. Even though I was ramping up the intensity as much as I could, I am fairly well conditioned from a lot of hiit, so overall I didn't feel as "worked out" as I am used to, so I might sub in some of my other cardio until BR starts getting to the more intense levels. I LOVE it when she talks to the camera!

Staying at my calorie level will be hard lol I was STARVING this morning! Eating a chicken burrito at 9:45 am. But the scale was down a lb already this morning so I know this is going to work!
  • suzanne63
    Options
    I actually liked the suicides too.I hated the running man.I just don't like to workout out that way.Great workout.Your doing really good :happy:
  • stephanj
    Options
    Hi Guys, sorry I haven't been posting, but I have been keeping up with it!

I am in the second week now. I can't wait to move on to harder moves. Sorry to sound braggy, but I feel like I am losing some of my fitness going back to basics again. I am trying to add plyo and weights as much as possible, but my heartrate is just nowhere near HIIT levels like I want it to be. I am subbing in my PINK Method cardio.

Thats being said, thank goodness this is only 30 minutes a night, because sometimes I am just pooped and it's all I can do to squeeze it in at 9pm. On higher-energy days I am adding on another 20 minutes of cardio and abs. Plus getting in my 45 minute lunchtime walk.

Lost approx. two lbs last week, so I must be doing something right!
    10 lbs to LTG!!!!
  • suzanne63
    Options
    Your doing really good. Hang in there with me too ok? we can do it :happy:
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Great job! Glad you're getting those results! I too was concerned with the (lack of) difficulty with the first couple workouts, the next couple are more difficult so I can only imagine how hard they become as we progress. I've been adding in extra cardio too.
  • suzanne63
    Options
    You go girl.You can do it :happy:
  • stephanj
    Options
    Thanks guys your support really helps :-)
    In terms of diet, I feel like I really want some serious results so I am starting the 17 day diet again. Did it last year and lost ten lbs in Phase 1. I am serious about it this time!!!! No excuses!
    This weekend will be a challenge due to nonstop Parties. I will be sucking back diet coke, it's not ideal but it is instead of beer and chips so that is what I need to do.
  • stephanj
    Options
    Ahhhhhh. Workout 3 now that's more like it! Challenging and it flew by!
  • suzanne63
    Options
    I can't wait to get there.
  • stephanj
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Doing workouts 3 and 4 this week and next week.
    So far I am loving them. Can't do some of the moves properly yet (hollow man) but I am working on it. Does anyone actually manage to hold weights when they are doing that knees-to-feet standup thing? Yeesh!

Not a lot of measurement changes yet but I am waiting til the end of the month to record. Down 2 lbs every week, but I am super strict with my diet so it's not all Jillian.

My big lofty goal is to be at my goal weight, 135, by July 14th, as I have a wedding to go to and want to drink a glass of wine! 7.8 lbs to go. I really really want that glass of wine....
  • suzanne63
    Options
    Your doing great.You can do it :happy: .My balance is not to good in workout 4.I hope I get better with that.
  • stephanj
    Options
    Been dragging the last couple of days, so I was Reeeeeely tempted to skip cardio last night but I didn't because I knew I would feel terrible about it. I showed up, and I did it!!!! Starting 5 and 6 next week. I will be glad for a new cardio, I am bored with #1.

I heart Mimi, by the way, that girl makes me laugh!!!
  • stephanj
    Options
    Flu!
    Go directly to bed, do not pass go, do not do 200 jumping jacks!
    Taking a few days rest, will start up ASAP.
  • suzanne63
    Options
    I'm sorry your not feeling well.I hope you feel better real soon.Rest is good :flowerforyou:
  • stephanj
    Options
    I had skipped some workouts and I felt like I wanted to finish out the phase the right way, so I just did 3 and 4 back to back, and I will do cardio on Sunday. Bye bye phase 1 :-). 5 lbs gone!!!!
  • suzanne63
    Options
    Your doing great :happy:
  • stephanj
    Options
    Did workout 5 for the first time and it kicked my butt! Now it has started for REAL!!!
  • suzanne63
    Options
    Your going real good.I'm going to start workout 5 next week sometime.
  • suzanne63
    Options
    Your doing really good.I'm starting workout 5 next week.Is it much harder?What do you like about it most?5 and 6?