Water retention - what to expect!

Options
13»

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Thank you fom me too for this Mike. I'm only on day 2 but I'm feeling huge, like tight at the seams huge and am really tempted to go back to lower cals. And I haven't even got anywhere near my TDEE yet! I'm supposed to be on 2,350 but moving off 2 years of 1,200 means its so hard.

But just wanted to say thanks again - I really needed to read this today!

Are you popping up about 200 a day for a week or two at a time?

Might be easier.
  • HKSteph
    HKSteph Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you fom me too for this Mike. I'm only on day 2 but I'm feeling huge, like tight at the seams huge and am really tempted to go back to lower cals. And I haven't even got anywhere near my TDEE yet! I'm supposed to be on 2,350 but moving off 2 years of 1,200 means its so hard.

But just wanted to say thanks again - I really needed to read this today!

Are you popping up about 200 a day for a week or two at a time?

Might be easier.

I'm trying to be semi gradual(!) - going up to 1,800 on none training days and trying for 2,000+ on training days. I really want to get this reset going straight off if possible. Do you think it's better to be gradual? I figured with Christmas not long behind me I've probably not been on 1,200 the last month or so so it might be safe!
  • squashyhelen
    squashyhelen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @heybale - thanks! I'm definitely going to have to take a look at it. Strangely, I really upped the intake over the last two days and the scale seems to be moving in the right direction again. Well, maybe drinking tons of water and giving my muscles a break also helped. Thanks to you guys for keeping me less mentally insane for that self-doubt-filled week!
  • godslilgerl
    godslilgerl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I started eating more and doing nrolfw at the same time and for 4 whole weeks the scale didn't change and my clothes were feeling tighter. Even though i knew i wasn't getting fatter since the scale wasn't going up it was still so frustrating...well this week (week 5) i finally lost almost 3 pounds so my i'm guessing by body is finally letting go of some water...my clothes still feel tighter which is weird to me since i lost a couple pounds but oh well i'm sure that will change over time too. Don't get discouraged...some of our bodies are more stubborn than others but this way of eating is way easier to stick to than when i was trying to starve myself on 1200cal so i will definitely be sticking with it :drinker:
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to be semi gradual(!) - going up to 1,800 on none training days and trying for 2,000+ on training days. I really want to get this reset going straight off if possible. Do you think it's better to be gradual? I figured with Christmas not long behind me I've probably not been on 1,200 the last month or so so it might be safe!

That is an excellent gradual method I'd forgotten about but need to mention more.

Because if the majority of the big eat is after the workout, and it is indeed seen as excess because the metabolism has not moved up yet, at least it's excess to be used for body improvement first, great time for it.