how much weight have you gained

Options

Replies

• cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Well i am in my last week and i will probably not be weighing myself anymore. Totaly of 67lbs at 39 weeks. Ugh... I sure hope i get released to exercise soon after having the baby.

I know its hard seeing those numbers, but you did a great job your whole pregnancy and exercised a lot! I am sure you're retaining a lot of water. Can't wait to hear about all that weight falling off soon cause I know it will! Great job!
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Well i am in my last week and i will probably not be weighing myself anymore. Totaly of 67lbs at 39 weeks. Ugh... I sure hope i get released to exercise soon after having the baby.

I know its hard seeing those numbers, but you did a great job your whole pregnancy and exercised a lot! I am sure you're retaining a lot of water. Can't wait to hear about all that weight falling off soon cause I know it will! Great job!

I am really really hoping to see that half the weight comes off in the first couple of weeks!!!!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

I am really really hoping to see that half the weight comes off in the first couple of weeks!!!!

Don't let the scale get to you too much. Remember, the scale is a lying turd that knows nothing about you as a person and doesn't define you.

You've done so well during your pregnancy, and although you gained more than you wanted, you've stayed healthy and fit. These will be invaluable tools post-partum. Chin up girl! You're about to meet your baby soon!
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    wishful thinking that i can stay the same weight for the next 2ish weeks. or even drop a pound or two. hit my 35 lb mark around 37 weeks (tear). I blame the pintrest party i attended last w/e and my sons' birthday party & cake & the non stop hunger i exprerienced last week . lol
    im going to put an effort of controling my food intake over the christams weekend. lot's of yuummy food to look forward too. And none that I will be preparing thanks for the free pregnancy pass. lol
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I started at 129-135 cant truly remember which. So i am at about 18 pound gain on the high end at 20/21 weeks. I am worried because i do not want to gain as much as last time so trying to create a good eating plan and start working out.
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I started at 129-135 cant truly remember which. So i am at about 18 pound gain on the high end at 20/21 weeks. I am worried because i do not want to gain as much as last time so trying to create a good eating plan and start working out.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    38lbs at 35 weeks...there goes my 40lb goal (okay, let's be honest, ORIGINAL goal was 25, then it changed to 35, then 40...so now, 45?? haha)
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    38lbs at 35 weeks...there goes my 40lb goal (okay, let's be honest, ORIGINAL goal was 25, then it changed to 35, then 40...so now, 45?? haha)

Right there with you!

Tomorrow (my due date!) makes 40 weeks, and I am up 41 pounds. Baby isn't really indicating that he's going to pop out anytime soon, so I may be up to 45 by the time I deliver. Who knows? Originally, my goal was not to gain more than 20 pounds. Hahaha! That seriously makes me laugh now. I can't even imagine.

But don't worry, I'm convinced we'll work it off before summer.
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options

haha I'm the same way. Started with a 25lb goal, but hit that this week at 24 weeks so now I'm hoping for under 40. I feel like it is possible but then again, Christmas is coming up, then a trip home, then my birthday. SIGH I probably wont eat too much at Christmas because we are going to my in laws so it's going to be a puerto rican Christmas and I don't like ham or pork which they put in EVERYTHINg. So I guess that's good. But when I got to CA, i'm eating all the food I have been missing :)
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    And none that I will be preparing thanks for the free pregnancy pass. lol

Isn't that the best? I got to stay home two Christmases ago and not deal with my in-laws at all because I was too close to my due date and needed to be within an hour's drive of the hospital. None of them live close enough, so we couldn't go see them, and they couldn't come see us because my MIL is a minister and has to be at church on Christmas. (Oh, darn!)

It was such a relaxing Christmas, just us and the dogs.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options

haha I'm the same way. Started with a 25lb goal, but hit that this week at 24 weeks so now I'm hoping for under 40. I feel like it is possible but then again, Christmas is coming up, then a trip home, then my birthday. SIGH I probably wont eat too much at Christmas because we are going to my in laws so it's going to be a puerto rican Christmas and I don't like ham or pork which they put in EVERYTHINg. So I guess that's good. But when I got to CA, i'm eating all the food I have been missing :)

Seriously, I've quit worrying. Ok, not really, but I should. I feel like no matter what I do, my body is going to put on whatever it wants me to put on, and short of eating crap all day, there's not a lot I can do about it. I might as well enjoy the idea of not caring how much I weigh because as soon as I have this baby, I will definitely care!!!
  • mellynat
    Options

Oh I can so relate. My original goal was to stay around 25lbs. But after a 10 lb gain in one month i got thrown off. so it changed to 30. I've reached 35. I'm closing my eyes for the rest of the pregnancy when I get weighed. lol
  • mellynat
    Options
    And none that I will be preparing thanks for the free pregnancy pass. lol

Isn't that the best? I got to stay home two Christmases ago and not deal with my in-laws at all because I was too close to my due date and needed to be within an hour's drive of the hospital. None of them live close enough, so we couldn't go see them, and they couldn't come see us because my MIL is a minister and has to be at church on Christmas. (Oh, darn!)

It was such a relaxing Christmas, just us and the dogs.

Totally!!! lol 4 yrs ago I had my son on dec 17th and I was devastated not to be with family on christmas day. My husband was nervous to take a week old baby out w a house & was very overprotective of our son. This year being pregnant and having 2 kids already i'd rather stay in then deal w being uncomfortable in a pretty dress, sitting proper for several hours.. lol I wouldn't mind staying at home with my pjs on and someone delivering a nice christmas meal to my house. hahaha a girl can dream.
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options

Oh I can so relate. My original goal was to stay around 25lbs. But after a 10 lb gain in one month i got thrown off. so it changed to 30. I've reached 35. I'm closing my eyes for the rest of the pregnancy when I get weighed. lol

I've been thinking about doing that too. I had plans of not looking at the scale this week when I got weighed in but couldn't help myself, it's kinda compulsive for me
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

Staying under 40 lbs gained is still a very reasonable gain. Don't feel bad! All you ladies are doing fantastic!
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options

Right there with you!

Tomorrow (my due date!) makes 40 weeks, and I am up 41 pounds. Baby isn't really indicating that he's going to pop out anytime soon, so I may be up to 45 by the time I deliver. Who knows? Originally, my goal was not to gain more than 20 pounds. Hahaha! That seriously makes me laugh now. I can't even imagine.

But don't worry, I'm convinced we'll work it off before summer.

HAHA! thats what I gained! And 20lbs was my goal, too! You're right, it is funny now!!!
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    Here we go again with the weekly weigh-in.

At at 10 weeks pregnant I was +11lbs
    at 11 weeks pregnant I was +10 lbs
    At 12 weeks +8lbs
    At 13 weeks +10lbs
    At 14 weeks + 12 lbs
    At 15 weeks + 9lbs
    At 16 weeks + 10.5 lbs
    At 17 weeks + 12.5 lbs
    At the never-ending 18 weeks + 16lbs
    19 weeks + 14.5 lbs
    20 weeks + 20 lbs
    21 weeks + 17 lbs
    22 weeks + 18.5 lbs
    23 weeks + 17 lbs
    24 weeks + 18 lbs
    25 weeks + 17.5 lbs
    26 weeks + 18.5 lbs
    27 weeks + 21 lbs
    28 weeks + 21 lbs
    29 weeks + 22 lbs
    30 weeks + 22 lbs
    31 weeks + 24 lbs
    32 weeks + 24 lbs
    33 weeks + 23 lbs

I think baby and I are going to have a bowl of ice cream tonight before going to bed to "celebrate" the 1 lbs loss this week.... or its just a means of making sure that baby gains some much need body fat in these last crucial weeks ;)

You're a rockstar!!!!!
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    6: +1.6
    7: +2.1
    8: +2.6
    9: +3.5
    10:+3.9
    11:+4.3
    12:+5.4
    13:+6.7
    14:+8.4
    15: +9.2
    16: +9.5
    17: +9.9
    18: +10.9
    19: +12.8
    20: +13.8
    21 +14.8
    22: +16.2
    23: +18.1
    24: +20.2
    25: +20.8
    26: +21.5
    27: +21.9
    28: +23.2
    29: +23.5
    30: +23.2
    31: +25.4
    32: +25.8
    33. +28.7
    34: +29.8
    35: +29.3
    36: +29.1

You go girl!!!!!!
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    had plans of not looking at the scale this week when I got weighed in but couldn't help myself, it's kinda compulsive for me

I can't stop looking at the scale either. At this point, I think I have to accept it as my Achilles' heel. And I don't think it's such a bad one. As long as it isn't driving me insane, at least it's keeping me honest and accountable about where I'm at.

I think I might freak out even more if I didn't look. I would totally imagine it even higher than it is.
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Im 38.5 weeks and up 60 pounds!! So looking forward to seeing the scales drop their numbers now!! It'll be nice just to be able to run up the stairs after Ive had some chocolate! or take the dogs on a super long walk after Ive eaten some crisps!! I'm on countdown now, even if my scales are still on the up!!