how much weight have you gained

Options

Replies

• Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I am at 31weeks and have no idea how much I've gained. I think it's around 40lb :(..

I just can't worry about it any more. I am relying on the fact that when I look in the mirror, my legs and arms and neck and ankles all look much the same. It's all belly and boobs... I am confident in getting it all off post-baby.
  • SamanthaJ0310
    SamanthaJ0310 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 28 weeks and have gained 18 lbs.
  • prplrose33
    prplrose33 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    18w4d- Up 13.5 pounds
  • BananaCat83
    BananaCat83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    18w5d today, have gained 14.6lbs. 10lbs of that has been since I hit the 2nd tri :indifferent:
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I am at 31weeks and have no idea how much I've gained. I think it's around 40lb :(..

I just can't worry about it any more. I am relying on the fact that when I look in the mirror, my legs and arms and neck and ankles all look much the same. It's all belly and boobs... I am confident in getting it all off post-baby.

^This is me, only 12 weeks from now :happy:
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Alrighty so it looks like this weight gain over the holiday is not going anywhere so I might as well update before I turn 38wks in a couple days.lol

6: +1.6
    7: +2.1
    8: +2.6
    9: +3.5
    10:+3.9
    11:+4.3
    12:+5.4
    13:+6.7
    14:+8.4
    15: +9.2
    16: +9.5
    17: +9.9
    18: +10.9
    19: +12.8
    20: +13.8
    21 +14.8
    22: +16.2
    23: +18.1
    24: +20.2
    25: +20.8
    26: +21.5
    27: +21.9
    28: +23.2
    29: +23.5
    30: +23.2
    31: +25.4
    32: +25.8
    33. +28.7
    34: +29.8
    35: +29.3
    36: +29.1
    37: +32.0

you go girl!! u held steady for awhile. nice!!!

Up 37 lbs at 40 weeks. tear... Original goal was 25lbs.. I guess 12 lbs over isn't too bad my original goal isn't as badI think I'll stick w telling ppl I only gained 35 this time. lol since Im sooooo clsoe to giving birth! it's water hahaha

anything after 40wks, i wouldn't count. LOL. I would just say 35lbs, no need for exact numbers! lol.

Its ridiculous how fast I am gaining now! 38wks and up 33-34lbs!! I won't make it official weigh-in until Friday when I have a dr Appt. Maybe its water weight from all the walking i've been doing lately?? I will give it a few days before i log it official. Lol
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

*love*

Great perspective!
  • VelociMama
    Options
    Its ridiculous how fast I am gaining now! 38wks and up 33-34lbs!! I won't make it official weigh-in until Friday when I have a dr Appt. Maybe its water weight from all the walking i've been doing lately?? I will give it a few days before i log it official. Lol

From what I read, baby gains a LOT of weight during this time, so that could be it too. You're doing great!
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    22-24 weeks and up 19-20 lbs. 5 lbs in the past couple of weeks. Hoping some of it is holiday sodium that will go away with cleaner eating and water!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    22-24 weeks and up 19-20 lbs. 5 lbs in the past couple of weeks. Hoping some of it is holiday sodium that will go away with cleaner eating and water!

I gained 5 lbs inbetween my latest two doctor visits, which were two weeks apart, but Christmas happened inbetween. All the sweets are OUT of my house now, so I feel like I will have little to no gain when I go back in a week. Or at least we can hope.

Just tryin' to go with it.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    cocolo - I'm right there with you!! I'm 37 weeks and it seems to be coming on more quickly now - up 40 on my doctor's scale today...we are almost there, though!
  • rabbit__food
    rabbit__food Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    30 weeks today & up almost 15 lbs
  • fairyleo
    fairyleo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello there :) I'm 21 weeks and have gained 10-12 lbs, so far.
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Here we go again with the weekly weigh-in.

At at 10 weeks pregnant I was +11lbs
    at 11 weeks pregnant I was +10 lbs
    At 12 weeks +8lbs
    At 13 weeks +10lbs
    At 14 weeks + 12 lbs
    At 15 weeks + 9lbs
    At 16 weeks + 10.5 lbs
    At 17 weeks + 12.5 lbs
    At the never-ending 18 weeks + 16lbs
    19 weeks + 14.5 lbs
    20 weeks + 20 lbs
    21 weeks + 17 lbs
    22 weeks + 18.5 lbs
    23 weeks + 17 lbs
    24 weeks + 18 lbs
    25 weeks + 17.5 lbs
    26 weeks + 18.5 lbs
    27 weeks + 21 lbs
    28 weeks + 21 lbs
    29 weeks + 22 lbs
    30 weeks + 22 lbs
    31 weeks + 24 lbs
    32 weeks + 24 lbs
    33 weeks + 23 lbs
    34 weeks + 25lbs
    35 weeks + 25.5 lbs

I haven't really tracked my calories in the past 2 weeks and just started tracking them again 2 days ago. I still haven't gained much despite the holiday splurging.... I'm shocked, to say the least! Less than 5 weeks to go until my due date!! :)
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 weeks today and weighed in at around 24-25 lbs. this morning.

I am wondering if any of you are seeing totally wild weight fluctuations within the course of a single day or over several days. Sometimes my scale freaks me out with a whopping 30 lbs, sometimes I'm relieved to see that it's down to as low as 23 lbs. --all within one day or over several days. Crazy. I guess pre-pregnancy it could sometimes be like that, too, especially around that time of the month, but with the already massive weight gain, that 7 lb difference seems frightfully large!

According to _What to Expect_, the baby now weighs about 1 lbs. That means I am about 1 lb away from hitting the "overweight" category (if I weren't pregnant). Yikes!

I haven't been tracking my cals because I've been feeling so awful all the time -I figured, why make myself feel guilty about what little bit of heartburn/nausea relief I can find? But maybe I need to get back in the game now that I'm not quite as miserable as before. After shooting for a daily 1350 cals pre-pregnancy, I think I'm also just scared to see how much I actually eat now.
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options

I am wondering if any of you are seeing totally wild weight fluctuations within the course of a single day or over several days. Sometimes my scale freaks me out with a whopping 30 lbs, sometimes I'm relieved to see that it's down to as low as 23 lbs. --all within one day or over several days. Crazy. I guess pre-pregnancy it could sometimes be like that, too, especially around that time of the month, but with the already massive weight gain, that 7 lb difference seems frightfully large!

According to _What to Expect_, the baby now weighs about 1 lbs. That means I am about 1 lb away from hitting the "overweight" category (if I weren't pregnant). Yikes!

I haven't been tracking my cals because I've been feeling so awful all the time -I figured, why make myself feel guilty about what little bit of heartburn/nausea relief I can find? But maybe I need to get back in the game now that I'm not quite as miserable as before. After shooting for a daily 1350 cals pre-pregnancy, I think I'm also just scared to see how much I actually eat now.

I haven't had 7lb weight fluctuations, but I can commiserate with feeling terrible the first trimester and eating what I could just to get the nausea to go away. I actually just started logging my food again for the first time at almost 19 weeks. I mean I knew I was eating more, but let me tell you, I was eating around 3000 calories a day instead of the 2000 that I'm supposed to be eating. I just stopped making good food choices and let my old instinct (pre MFP days) kick in. Since I've started making better food choices just this week, I've dropped 3lbs of what was probably fluid retention from all the salty snacks. Definitely don't stress yourself over it, but if you start logging again you may be shocked at just how many calories a day you're consuming!!
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options

I've had this sort of thing, too. A gain of 5lbs in about 4 days- physically impossible and I was logging. I am up 20+lbs at 23-24 weeks. Scary! I am sticking to 1800-2100 calories a day, and I have a Fitbit and a Bodybugg, so I know what I am burning. It's crazy, but I think I am even more sensitive to sodium and carbs while pregnant, and that must account for a lot of it. Just try to get more water and eat cleaner to flush your system. Other than that, don't worry too much about it. Our body's know what they are doing, and as long as we are making good choices most of the time, it'll be fine. :flowerforyou:
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    36 weeks and gained 24lbs so far, most of the weight gain was during the first trimester (nausea and could only eat carbs). Can't wait to have this baby and start losing again. The doctor is hoping the baby will stay closer to the 9lbs but it looks like it's going to be another big baby. I haven't been gaining these last couple of months, hoping the baby won't get too big, but everytime I go see the doctor, he measures me and tells me the baby is going to be big. Oh well, got to look at the bright side, I'll have less to lose afterwards!
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 weeks and up 5.6 lbs as of yesterday. I think some of that is eating excessive amounts of fried foods over the holidays and entering 2d trimester, so hopefully it goes back down a little or maintains the next few weeks since hubby and I are eating better as part of our New Year's Resolution! I started the pregnancy about 35 lbs overweight, so I don't need to gain that much!
  • VelociMama
    Options

Your carb intake, sodium intake, and hydration levels can all affect your day-to-day fluctuations. If you're eating a carb-heavy sodium-heavy diet, it's definitely not unheard of to have crazy fluctuations like that.

Try going for more calorie dense foods (fattier and protein-rich) and lay off the salt for a while and see if it's better.