Replies

• JenMarie8781
    JenMarie8781 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I am 20 weeks and I've gained 21 pounds : (
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I was scared to step on the scale today, but I did it anyway. Lost 1.2 lbs from last week! I think fat is replacing muscle though, because I feel extra "puffy" and my arms look more flabby than usual :O(.

6 weeks: +3
    7 weeks: -3
    8 weeks: +1.2
    9 weeks: -1.2
    10 weeks: +1.4
    11 weeks: -4
    12 weeks: +3
    13 weeks: -1.8
    14 weeks: -4
    15-17 weeks: +.5
    18 weeks: +5.6 ....YIKES
    19 weeks: +5
    20 weeks: +3.8
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am at week 13 and am at -1 right now. I have my settings to maintain for now until later in the second trimester.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    21 weeks - 8 pounds.
  • Alisi1234
    Alisi1234 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    19wks- 8lbs
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Can't believe I didn't gain.....I ate out a lot. I'll probably post high numbers next week, but so far, I'm satisfied with my progress.

6 weeks: +1.2
    7 weeks: -0.9
    8 weeks: -0.7
    9 weeks:+1.0
    10 weeks: +3.4
    11 weeks: +5.0
    12 weeks: +5.8
    13 weeks: +4.7
    14 weeks: +4.7
    15 weeks: +6.5
    16 weeks: +6.4
    17 weeks: +7.1
    18 weeks: +9.5
    19 weeks: +11
    20 weeks: +11
    21 weeks: +12
    22 weeks: +12
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Here we go again with the weekly weigh-in.

At at 10 weeks pregnant I was +11lbs
    at 11 weeks pregnant I was +10 lbs
    At 12 weeks +8lbs
    At 13 weeks +10lbs
    At 14 weeks + 12 lbs
    At 15 weeks + 9lbs
    At 16 weeks + 10.5 lbs
    At 17 weeks + 12.5 lbs
    At the never-ending 18 weeks + 16lbs
    19 weeks + 14.5 lbs
    20 weeks + 20 lbs
    21 weeks + 17 lbs
    22 weeks + 18.5 lbs
    23 weeks + 17 lbs
    24 weeks + 18 lbs
    25 weeks + 17.5 lbs
    26 weeks + 18.5 lbs
    27 weeks + 21 lbs
    28 weeks + 21 lbs
    29 weeks + 22 lbs
    30 weeks + 22 lbs
    31 weeks + 24 lbs
    32 weeks + 24 lbs
    33 weeks + 23 lbs
    34 weeks + 25lbs
    35 weeks + 25.5 lbs
    36 weeks + 26.5 lbs
    37 weeks + 28 lbs
    38 weeks + 28 lbs

I'm 38 weeks today and no sign of baby yet. I haven't had any Braxton-Hicks, no mucus plug, I think baby may have dropped but I'm not sure - maybe I've just gotten used to being so out of breath. Its a matter of days now.... but since there is no sign, I'm still betting that baby won't come until I'm 42 weeks..lol
  • kellykneppergrundy
    kellykneppergrundy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Week 6: -1
    Week 8: -1
    Week 9: -1
    Week 10: -2
    Week 11: -2
    Week 12: -2
    Week 13: -4
    Week 14: -3
    Week 15: -3

Week 15 and still at -3. According to my baby book from my first pregnancy 4.5 years ago, I'm the same weight I was at week 15 then. I started putting on large amounts of weight by week 22, though so trying to be extra good this time around!
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    19 weeks +0.6
    20 weeks 4 days +2.8
    21.5 weeks -0.8

total weight gain at 21.5 weeks is 16lbs
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I am now up 33 lbs at 36 weeks.
  • RenaeNguyen
    RenaeNguyen Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 weeks and 4 days, I'm up 25 pounds but have maintained 180lbs for 6 weeks. And have to maintain for the remainder of my pregnancy.
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 weeks and 4 days, I'm up 25 pounds but have maintained 180lbs for 6 weeks. And have to maintain for the remainder of my pregnancy.

You've been doing great with your food, way to go! :-)
  • laurab1217
    laurab1217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I got so frustrated at the doctor's when they told me that my 12 pound gain at 24 weeks was a "little ahead of where I should be" and that I should only have gained 5 pounds in the first 20 weeks, then a pound a week after. I am 5' 7", 125-130 pounds pre-pregnancy and size 2, still wearing most of my pre-pregnancy clothes. So it is very frustrating to be given these rigid guidelines. I spent the first half of my pregnancy overseas where they didn't even care or say anything about weight, and placed the importance on the baby!
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I got so frustrated at the doctor's when they told me that my 12 pound gain at 24 weeks was a "little ahead of where I should be" and that I should only have gained 5 pounds in the first 20 weeks, then a pound a week after. I am 5' 7", 125-130 pounds pre-pregnancy and size 2, still wearing most of my pre-pregnancy clothes. So it is very frustrating to be given these rigid guidelines. I spent the first half of my pregnancy overseas where they didn't even care or say anything about weight, and placed the importance on the baby!

What is your doctor smoking? Not a single book, not a single (reputable) online source I've ever looked at, and likely no one here would agree with that rigid guideline. Can you switch to an OB here who actually does care more about the baby? I'd be scared that your present one would be just as rigid during labor and wouldn't listen to what you are saying is your own body's intuition. I am 5'5" and weighed 125 lbs pre-baby; after a nauseous first tri where I gained 14 lbs, I'm at +23 at 24.5 weeks and my midwife practice finds that totally normal.
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options

What??!! :noway:

This is weird and makes no sense at all. You are doing just fine! Where were you at overseas?
  • laurab1217
    laurab1217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I meet with a different one on Tuesday so we will see! It would be impossible for me to try to maintain that for the next month considering the baby is supposed to gain like half a pound a week for the next few weeks! I was in Central America....so the focus was all on the health of the baby because many mothers don't get adequate nutrition. My doctor never once even mentioned my weight or a weight guideline, she just wanted me to eat a lot of lean protein and vegetables, but with no calorie rules or weight gain rules. Just make sure the baby gets what he needs!
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: I am 22 weeks and have gained almost 35 lbs.

Don't feel bad. At my 20 week appointment I was already up 32 lbs (and I was already about 8 lbs overweight when I got pregnant). I'm doing my best to maintain my calories and not gain any more or least to gain as little as possible. Don't know how it's working as I haven't weighed myself but am seeing the doc next week. Fingers crossed!
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to let you guys, especially those that have gained a lot....I have lost 33lbs 9 days after baby. I did gain around 60 though. Remember, a lot will fall off easily, so don't think of it as the whole weight you have gained. I'm hoping to have only around 20 difficult pounds to lose!

Thank you so much. Your post is so reassuring and has made me feel much better as I've gained so much so quickly. Thanks again and best of luck to you and precious baby!
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I meet with a different one on Tuesday so we will see! It would be impossible for me to try to maintain that for the next month considering the baby is supposed to gain like half a pound a week for the next few weeks! I was in Central America....so the focus was all on the health of the baby because many mothers don't get adequate nutrition. My doctor never once even mentioned my weight or a weight guideline, she just wanted me to eat a lot of lean protein and vegetables, but with no calorie rules or weight gain rules. Just make sure the baby gets what he needs!

this sounds like a good doctor. I would prefer a doctor who gives guidlines on the type of food to eat rather than the amount to eat.
  • RenaeNguyen
    RenaeNguyen Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Musicgirl:
    At my 20 week appointment I was up 20lbs and have maintained ever since. I do weigh myself regularly and maintaining has been pretty easy. :-) I've even lost some weight lol.