Quick Weight Loss Success Stories

2»

Replies

• quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member

So if insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results then I am tired of being insane.

Amen!
  • quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member
    So if insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results then I am tired of being insane.

Amen!

Haha, my thoughts exactly!
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Its taken me nearly 6 years to lose 87.2 kilos (191.84 pounds)....i really had some frustrating times with it but im now glad it took so long....i learnt so much from each of the stalls...gave me time for my mind to catch up with my body and has installed by the time i get to goal (7 kilos/15.4 pounds away) Apart from a small period of time (early this year ive eating 1200-1500 calories) most of my eating has been at a minimum of 1800 calories and i think unintentionally i ate more without a intention of it..
  • NonDebutante3dot0
    NonDebutante3dot0 Posts: 50 Member
    To keep things in perspective - it took me 9 years to get where I am from goal weight to current weight. So it's not going to all come off in 3 months, 6 months, even a year. That helps!

That is really impressive!! Even though a part of me wants to "drop all this extra weight fastfastfast," I know from experience that (at least my own) quick loss leads to quick regain. It took me years to gain all the unwanted weight (100lbs+); I'm OK if it takes years to lose it if it means it will last.
  • FabulousKP
    FabulousKP Posts: 97 Member
    Day 6 on this new journey, and I have gained 4lbs:frown: PATIENCE, PATIENCE, PATIENCE is what I keep telling myself:smile:
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Day 6 on this new journey, and I have gained 4lbs:frown: PATIENCE, PATIENCE, PATIENCE is what I keep telling myself:smile:

Firstly, good job on starting the route of EMTWL, this group is amazing and the help and support provided is unbeliveable.

Secondly, please don't weigh yourself this often! I know it's very hard to break the cycle, but just move the scale (or if you can have someone else put it away somewhere). Then you can get it out every 2 weeks, 4 weeks, or never just to see how you are doing.

You absolutely cannot have put 4lbs on in 6 days. Let's look at some numbers...

Each lb is ~3500 calories, so in 6 days you have eaten 14,000 calories more than your body is burning, 2333 a day...

Assuming you have destroyed your metabolism and it's running at 1350 (I see this is what you were eating before) calories a day that means you have been consuming 3683 calories a day...

... You obviously have not been consuming this per day so you have NOTHING to worry about.

I'd advise you to go to the stickies and read the one about "why the scale lies" and then throw the scale away. Take measurements and judge yourself by how your clothes fit - if you weighed the same and lost 2 dress sizes wouldn't you be happier than if you lost 40lbs and looked the same?!

Good luck with everything

Steph x
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Sweatpants, I am so confident that this is it for you. Your success story will inspire others. Write it now and keep it in your pocket. I used to go to places that I had to pay weekly whether I lossed or gained. So, I was getting upset that on top of being fat, I'm losing money. So I risked losing muscle and didn't lift and ate no salt for 24 hours before weigh in and made myself feel like a failure even I did everything right! That's not living. And I am still mad about how all that made me feel....years of that. So I'm Channeling that anger into resolve. End rant/ :) You have real support here and I wish you and all here (including me) faith that in a year we'll be talking about how we feel today!!! Haha

Thank you! :love:

I used to do weight watchers, so I get the whole paying to lose weight thing. Grrr...Not to mention, I now believe there's a reason that I kept falling off of the weight watcher's wagon and rejoined a bazillion times. I personally believe the program set me up to binge and regain weight. I have no idea how many calories I actually ate because of the point system, but I KNOW I wasn't eating what I am now. A handful of nuts or any kind of calorie dense healthy fat would kill my points for the day! Anyways, I guess that's my own little rant....lol.

Thanks for the support. I really appreciate it. It will be so fun to discuss our success as it happens! I LOVE this group!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    I think about my personal walk and how I have seen people go up and down over and over. I just rather the slow loss of body fat and the toning so when I get to goal size I'm not skinny fat...been there done that.

Your words are always so wise Lucia. Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Its taken me nearly 6 years to lose 87.2 kilos (191.84 pounds)....i really had some frustrating times with it but im now glad it took so long....i learnt so much from each of the stalls...gave me time for my mind to catch up with my body and has installed by the time i get to goal (7 kilos/15.4 pounds away) Apart from a small period of time (early this year ive eating 1200-1500 calories) most of my eating has been at a minimum of 1800 calories and i think unintentionally i ate more without a intention of it..

You are amazing. You are definitely a success story here and an inspiration. Thank you for sharing. :smile: