My 1 week BM Fit LINK Results

2»

Replies

• irunsf85
    irunsf85 Posts: 74 Member
    I just ordered a BM Fit Link from Costco.com today. I also have a FitBit but am thinking about retuning it if this one is more accurate. Between the two products, it seems like BMF is more accurate? Can anyone attest to this? I know what my true RMR is so how does BMF's TDEE factor in RMR?

Thanks! Can't wait to get it!
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    I just finished my first week and I also found that my TDEE was lower than expected. However, I did get less exercise than I usually do this week.

One thing I noticed that I am curious about is, I noticed that I usually burn more calories per minute while sleeping than I do if I am just sitting down. I'm kinda curious to whether anyone else experienced this as well.
  • Kooopons
    Kooopons Posts: 167 Member
    I have 12 days in on my BMF and I'm averaging higher than I thought. I've been eating at a 20% deficit which came to 1802 calories by online calculators. After 12 days my 20% deficit is 1930 with my average TDEE of 2415. I haven't lost much in the way of pounds since starting to eat more a couple months ago (a total of 1.5lbs lost), but have lost quite a few inches along the way. I'm in stage 2 of NROLFW and am thinking of upping my calories to 1930 and see what that does. Some days my deficit was 700+ which I thought too high.

We'll see what happens. I do love the numbers and graphs and analyzing it throughout the day. I did not buy the link as I just hook it up via USB throughout the day and I'm almost always near my laptop. This hasn't been an issue at all until today when my laptop motherboard fried :( Now I need to use my husbands computer because I'm addicted to it!
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    I just finished my first week and I also found that my TDEE was lower than expected. However, I did get less exercise than I usually do this week.

One thing I noticed that I am curious about is, I noticed that I usually burn more calories per minute while sleeping than I do if I am just sitting down. I'm kinda curious to whether anyone else experienced this as well.

During sleep, your body is at work repairing cells and numerous others things (which I can't remember right now heh) and it's pretty safe to bet this work burns a fair amount of calories.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    I'm obsessed with my BMF....love it!!! My TDEE was actually higher than what the online calculators specified so my deficit was huge. Now I just go with a 7-day average and adjust from there. I love knowing exactly what I'm burning every day and how much I need to eat to lose weight.

Glad to hear you're happy with your BMF as well, Mike!
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Dewgirl - do you think it helped you in your weight loss journey?

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

I wasn't confident in how many calories I should eat or in how many I was burning, which made it tough for me to stay steadfast on one plan. Once I started using the BodyBugg, I was confident in the amount I was burning, and I find it much easier to stick to the deficit I am shooting for at any given time. I started at a 500 cal deficit, but now that I'm just working on body composition I have a 50-200 cal deficit (workout vs rest days).

Having a convenient way to track my food on MFP and the calorie burn info from BodyBugg are the main tools I used for my success, and I have improved my body composition more than I originally thought possible (for me).

Thats awesome to hear! Thank u!

I love all the feedback, thank u everyone!
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    awesome!! thanks for the feedback!! I look forward to further updates! :)