Early Menopause

Options
2»

Replies

• judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Perimenopause can start in your mid-late 30's.. hot flashes etc.. fun stuff.. NOT. I was told that it is considered true menopause if you are ceasing to have a period. So if you haven't had one in 17 years and it's not due to a hysterectomy or anything, then you've already been going through it. And yes, to the poster who asked about flow, it can definitely mess with it! I am a lot like you. Some months are so heavy it's almost unbearable. I think it's important to remember that all our bodies have their own rhythm. The "typical" or "normal" time for stuff is just averages based on what information they complied. Oh, and who's down with extra weird hairs, or weight gain!!?? So much fun!! LOL
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I am in menopause h*ll myself,(47yrs old) mood swings-hot flash-all the great side effects.forgetting everything;-(...Wow, what us women have to go through!
    Anyone check out this site?
    http://www.poise.com/experts-and-education/about-menopause/the-2nd-talk

There are some good tips, and to read what other women deal with , helps.Check it out.:-)
    Good day all!
  • iwanttobestrongagain
    Options
    I will be 41 on Sunday and in the past year the hot flashes, insomnia, night sweats, poor memory, and irregular periods have all started. Lately the insomnia has been the worst, hubby says he's ready to start drugging me at night just to see me get a full night's sleep.