Bare with me! I am giddy!

Options
2»

Replies

• meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Options
    I was at the gym and was doing alternating push ups/seated row. I needed the row bench and this teenage "badass" was sitting on it. He was very nice and let me use it between his reps but I think he upped his weight when he saw I was only lifting 20 lbs less than him. LOL. I'm embracing the time in the weight room and often see other women doing similar exercises. Makes me want to ask if they're doing new rules. :) I am so psyched to be getting stronger.
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I discovered heavy lifting almost three months ago and feel the same way! It's so addicting, and you get so excited feeling the physical changes in your strength day by day. The best is when you start noticing new spots where the muscle is starting to show and there's a little less flab than there used to be, haha.

Good luck with it!! You'll do great!
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    To those wanting to lift weights at home. I am doing P90X. It isn't just weights, there is some cardio stuff on some days as well. You don't need to buy TONS of stuff either. You can buy a few hand weights and a doorway pull up bar, or buy exercise bands.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I was at the gym and was doing alternating push ups/seated row. I needed the row bench and this teenage "badass" was sitting on it. He was very nice and let me use it between his reps but I think he upped his weight when he saw I was only lifting 20 lbs less than him. LOL. I'm embracing the time in the weight room and often see other women doing similar exercises. Makes me want to ask if they're doing new rules. :) I am so psyched to be getting stronger.

GOOD FOR YOU Meggy!!! :flowerforyou:

WE'RE gonna be the Badasses soon!!:angry:

HUGS!:heart:
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I also love lifting!
    I workout at home - bought some weights & a bar, my housemate has joined me. Both of us have increased our weights to more than double what we started with.....Strength has improved, just waiting for the change to be visible!!