Gamers Dating Gamers

Options
12346»

Replies

• FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine dating someone who WASN'T a gamer.

I'd much rather spend an evening playing Portal 2 co-op or raiding in an MMO than go out to the movies or whatever.

And honestly? Someone bragging about reaching level cap turns me on way more than bragging about the size of their schlong.
  • Exill
    Exill Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    And honestly? Someone bragging about reaching level cap turns me on way more than bragging about the size of their schlong.

HA. How many times has my husband come up to me, "Hey baby, I have FIVE lvl 85 characters. Wanna go out?"
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I loved reading all these. :flowerforyou:

My boyfriend and I met in Halo way back, we were both in relationships at the time. So no go, but every few months played a game or two, caught up. was always a special connection. Then one day we met up to play and we were both single. It took 3 yrs of LDR we were in opposite end of CA, then I moved to OR and seeing as how we were both fresh out of relationships we took our time. He just moved in last month. Happiest ever! However we played sooooo much being apart I think hes getting frustrated because I dont want to play AT ALL, I want to do all the things we havent been able to do. Ive been avoiding Hooking up other xbox's but now that L4D2 Cold Stream is finally out I just might..totally selfish :wink:

Hes my best friend though cant imagine being happier. My last bf/fiance was a gamer and who got me into it in the first place. He was terrible and mean to game with, hated me beating him and was unsupportive. This ones a keeper :heart:
  • ilyahna
    ilyahna Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend of nearly 2 years in an MMO (Lotro, to be exact)!

He killed stuff and I healed him...isn't that how it always goes? Hehhe.

I've been a 'gamer' so to speak most of my life, playing FF since the advent just about, playing some of the first clunky PC games. I was in a Quake clan at the age of 15 when most girls in high school were shopping for clothes. I look back on it now and realize that in some way or another, all the guys in my life have been gamers.

I knew my last relationship was over when my ex started calling me by my screenname again instead of my real name...

I think we gamers must just be a particular breed. =)
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    My partner of 4 years is also a gamer and I think we work out better because we both love gaming so much.

If we're bored we can just co-op on L4D or split screen on Black Ops. It makes it so much better than playing alone.

He doesn't mind helping me with Skyrim quests too! :love: lol
  • ruurik
    ruurik Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've never dated a gamer. Most girls I've met have never played a game online. I'm really into games so for a long time I was uncomfortable with it but ok now. C'est la vie!
  • Jhedghes
    Jhedghes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My wife and I met through WoW. We were both in relationships and across the country. Over a period of a few months I moved and from there everything fell into place.
  • skatardrummer
    skatardrummer Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I met my fiance on a game through his brother. We've known each other over three years, we met up at Dragon-con in Atlanta and hit it off. He's lived in my state now for over two years and we're getting married in October. We still bicker playing games sometimes, because we're both competitive with them, but at the end of the day we work together and love each other.

We also get to have a joke how the only thing that made Perfect World perfect was meeting each other ;) it was the most socially dramatic RPG I've ever played. We since steer clear of games where the over-involved social aspect is a major part of the gameplay.

We have since played many MMO RPG's together and it hasn't caused problems in our relationship. We play together and don't talk to other people who want to make it more than a game. We learned our lesson. I've met a number of people who have had good, lasting relationships from a game though. It has it's pro's and con's.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I saw this wonderful infogram about how WoW has made more marriages and mini-gamers ;D then any dating site!

Gamers-Get-Girls-Infographic.gif[img][/img]
  • poshcouture
    Options
    I'll admit to being completely turned on watching a guy kick @$$ in COD.
  • AndrewXB9
    AndrewXB9 Posts: 114
    Options
    My current girlfriend of 3 years had little interest in playing games. Besides some Mario games on the DS and Call of Duty on the PS2 she didn't really touch games... until i came along.

I study Game Development at University so i need to make it my business to play the latest games on all systems, including Mobile and going by this she got in to Angry Birds, Monopoly Hotels, Where's my Water, Zombie Cafe, Doodle Jump, Draw Something, Cut The Rope, Order Up!! and Temple Run. Some of these games she became COMPLETELY addicted to; especially Angry Birds and Where's My Water - I would find it difficult to get a conversation out of her!

For a long time i tried to get her to play the Xbox with me, but she had no interest in playing and she said several times that she enjoyed watching me, if i was ever playing a game she would lie down and watch me and ask questions and genuinely be interested in the stories unfolding - Like she was watching an interactive TV Show.

Eventually i got her playing some of the Xbox LIVE Arcade games i had bought that were co-op such as Bomberman LIVE, Worms, Castle Crashers - We had a BLAST playing these together i can safely say playing these games were some of the best times we have spent together - If you have never played Worms with friends in the same room... You need to do it! We played Worms and Castle Crashers for weeks together.

To cut this already long story shorter than it would be if i continued to ramble on; Her favourite game series on the Xbox 360 is the Assassins Creed series closely followed by Left 4 Dead - Many good times were shared on L4D in co-op as well. Oh, and Resident Evil 5 - we have completed this game around 8 or 9 times together now and we still don't get bored of it! She is also in to; Halo, Gears of War, Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty (Especially Black Ops Zombies Mode), Rayman (Also a great laugh played on Co-Op), Red Dead Redemption, The Sims and loads more in can't think of at the moment!

I've also had my 3DS stolen from me for several hours as she got buried in to Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7.

Right now though, all the rave is (and has been since it's release several months ago) Minecraft Xbox Edition. I bought it on release as i had never played Minecraft before and thought i should give it a try... She always stated that she hated the graphics but i persuaded her to try it and she got more hooked than me! Before i knew it every time i went to play she was giving me tips!

Now.. To try and get her in to Mass Effect and Battlefield.. She likes watching... She needs to do more playing!

I love it and i love the times we can share together through this hobby :D

EDIT: I like going out and treating my girlfriend to the cinema or a dinner.. Even a day out at the Zoo or having a few drinks... But really, her and i know where it's at, where it's best and where it's comfiest..... On the couch with an Xbox controller.

I believe this hobby is great as we now have that to share, for example - She is always showing off the things she creates on Minecraft to me, etc. Oh, and she knows my love for Pac-Man well!! One of my Christmas gifts from her last year was a small Pac-Man mirror i can place on the wall <3.

Don't get me wrong... We do still get the whole "That game sucks!" Thing goin' on... Even when we haven't tried out the games lol. I'll play...uhm.. Lets say Diablo III - She says it sucks and she hasn't played it yet! But, i suppose.... That's what being a real gamer is all about - moaning about other games you haven't played for no reason!
  • AndrewXB9
    AndrewXB9 Posts: 114
    Options
    Could never meet a gamer girl who wasn't 400lbs and it was her life only.

I love video games but I have other hobbies.

In short I never dated a gamer girl because of the reason stated.

lol, that's a very sheltered life you lead indeed... I know A LOT of girl gamers and they are hawt!!!

My other half, for example!!
  • JosianneC
    JosianneC Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I met my spouse online. We moved together after a year of chatting together. We have been together for almost 4 years now. It's worked out great for me!