Run, Walk or Crawl 06/17-06/23

Options
reese66
reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
Tomorrow is another day, and there will be another battle! (a few minutes after a 2nd place finish in the 800m Olympic Games final in Moscow 1980,
he later won the 1500m , he had been favored to win the 800m)
--Sebastian Coe

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who thinks he can. Vince Lombardi

15 miles starting Sunday and ending Saturday... Yep that easy and you know you can do it! Just log your daily miles, the total miles for the week and encourage your fellow challengers to make their goals, yep it's that easy.

"Run when you can. Walk when you must. Crawl if you have to. Just never give up." Dean Karnazes, the Ultramarathon Man

For the folks returning you know that the 15 miles is not the main goal. The main goal is just to get up and get moving, if you don't meet it that's fine and you surpass it, well that just freaking rocks.

For new comers the preferred method of posting miles would be:

Sunday-miles-what you did Monday-miles-what you did Tuesday-miles-what you did So on and so forth, posted daily or when the miles occur...

Total- Running total for the week thus far

As always this is not set in stone, if you post every other day or whatever fits into your schedule, but please try to stay close to the above format.

For those folks that don't do miles

http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/

for conversion to be made easy (Thanks Nonafit)

Now let's get moving folks :)

"Man imposes his own limitations, don't set any"
-Anthony Bailey

Replies

• reese66
    Options
    Sunday 3.37 walking with my little cousin for about an hour, was fun way to spend some quality time with the younger part of the family. :flowerforyou:

Total 3.37
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Sunday 3.37 walking with my little cousin for about an hour, was fun way to spend some quality time with the younger part of the family. :flowerforyou:

Total 3.37

Sound like fun!

Sunday - bicycling - 5 miles (with hubby and son - with stops for playing on playgrounds, etc) Nice recovery from my Saturday run.

Total 5 miles cycling
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Sunday: 6.55 mile run

My coach had me all set for 6 then diverted me for "an easy 1 mile hill" at 5.5 miles. After that I can't even log the last half or three quarter mile because it was kind of out of body. So I probably did a little over 7 lol. I just know I'd run out of water.
  • reese66
    Options

Total 3.37

Sound like fun!

Sunday - bicycling - 5 miles (with hubby and son - with stops for playing on playgrounds, etc) Nice recovery from my Saturday run.

Total 5 miles cycling

What a great day, love that your family is all involved in being active, very important :), and great quality time!
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday: 6.55 mile run

My coach had me all set for 6 then diverted me for "an easy 1 mile hill" at 5.5 miles. After that I can't even log the last half or three quarter mile because it was kind of out of body. So I probably did a little over 7 lol. I just know I'd run out of water.

You RAWK WB, your are so going to kill this race coming up. Super proud of you, one of these days maybe I will follow in your foot steps :)
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Sunday - 5.21 miles walked

Total so far is 5.21 miles walked
  • thinktank32k
    thinktank32k Posts: 716
    Options
    6/17 2 mile walk/run
    6/18 5 mile run
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Sunday - c25k - 2 miles
    Monday - walking - 2 miles

Total so far - 4 miles
  • natalie412
    Options

What a great day, love that your family is all involved in being active, very important :), and great quality time!

My 4 year old is outside all the time now that it is warm. Trampoline, creek stomping, running around with neighborhood kids and especially riding his bike now that he can ride without training wheels! I am blessed to live on a safe cul-de-sac. My hubby does not like exercise for the sake of exercise, but he likes going out for bike rides, walks, or hiking as a social event. So I need to make sure we do that. We have a 12 year old neighbor kid that likes to hang out at our house, and he always wants to go biking too, so the 3 of them go out for bike rides together too.
  • natalie412
    Options
    Sunday - bicycling - 5 miles
    Monday - 4 miles running (PR - 40:10 - with hills!)

Total - 4 miles running, 5 miles cycling
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys are all doing so great already!! I love the family times together. Keep it up even if it's not for planned "workouts" you're still building memories and setting great examples!

Sunday: Played on the beach for a couple of hours...does that count? Wait...I meant I sprawled out on a towel!! LOL
    Monday: 13.5 miles on the bicycle.

Total 13.5 miles

Tomorrow, my plan is to walk on the beach...in the sand...uphill...both ways...barefoot.
  • reese66
    Options

Tomorrow, my plan is to walk on the beach...in the sand...uphill...both ways...barefoot.

In the snow? LOL,you know it only counts if it's in the snow :)
  • reese66
    Options
    6/17 2 mile walk/run
    6/18 5 mile run

Are congratulations in order? Great pic :):flowerforyou:

Awesome mileage, keep up the great work!!!
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday - 5.21 miles walked

Total so far is 5.21 miles walked

Go lady go!!!
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    Sunday ~ Rest Day
    Monday ~ 3.4 miles (walking & elliptical)
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I am going to be training for a 5k. My run/walk days are Tues/Thurs/Sat, so I won't have much to report for the other days unless I walk on the treadmill.

Sun - 0
    Mon - 0

Have a wonderful Tuesday! :flowerforyou:
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Sunday - 2 km (walk)
    Monday - 0 km
    Tuesday - 2 km (elliptical)
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options