Monday, June 18 - Sunday, June 24

Options
124»

Replies

• dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of Cycle 2 , Oatmeal for breakfast and Fillet steak tonight to celebrate getting through Cycle 1 with an 8 lb Loss :happy:
    Usually i would have celebrated with a glass of wine, oh how life changes

You are sooooooo amazing and inspiring!!
    SOOOOOO proud of you!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Lesvel
    Lesvel Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was feeling like Trish the beginning of this week...not seeing losses and cheating my way through the entire weekend (Fri-Sun) and wondering if this is for me or not. I got lots from all your posts so I'm sticking to it and not getting discouraged.

There are so many different things to take into consideration, and we can't all figure it out in a week or so...the fact that we're all here supporting each other and sharing what works and what doesn't for us individually is motivation for me!

I agree with you guys. For me, I've been having a rough time with the concussion and not being at work makes things way more difficult for me. I find it a lot easier to stick to when I am busy at work all day. But I'm going to keep at it too because even if it comes off really slowly it's better than nothing. I haven't even being weighing myself daily but thinking I maybe should as that might be encouraging. I'm keeping at it but just sticking with CYCLE 1 much longer since I've had too many cheats. Good luck everyone! :)

I'm at home too...on mat. leave...so I am with you on it being hard without the structure of being at work!
  • Lesvel
    Options
    I have lost track of what day I'm on...and have realized that the C1 plan doesn't work for me. So, I'm doing my own plan that is more like C2 with some healthy carbs added (a nice multi-grain small bun for breakfast yesterday for example) and keeping very focused on my fitness goals. For the past 4 -5 days I was beating myself up over 'cheating' when really I was still eating a very healthy balanced diet, just not the 'rules' for this particular diet. I am sure the stress of my perceived failures were inhibiting my weight loss, with the small adjustments to fit me me better I'm relaxed and lost 2 lbs! I no longer feel guilt and think I'm actually eating more healthy. I'd like to stay on the message board with you all...call it an experiment to see if this will work long time for me or if I'll give the 17DD a full try again.

Went back to fitness classes last night, which felt amazing...cleared my mind and had loads of endorphans! Bad thing was over 2 weeks ago I pulled a calf muscle. I realized last night it is NOT healed so I'll still have to take it easy. Dissapointing but I know I have to get to 100% so I can really push the workouts down the road. I have signed up for a class at a local gym for the beginning of July called "Your 8 week Journey to Weight Loss" which should be a mixed bag of different exercise 2x a week + 'fitness homework' :-). Also doing a 3 week outdoor boot camp in August and a really cool class called hydro-spinning. A spinning class, but the bikes are IN THE POOL!!! How cool is THAT?? With all of this the one I'm most looking forward to is a 2 week class for my 6 mo son and I in the pool called wet adventures...with games and songs...it will be great.

My son is the #1 reason for this new approach to diet and fitness and he keeps me motivated. What is your motivation?

With all the bumps along the way so far I am pleased that I'm -11 lbs and counting. I know that if I want it I will get there. We may do things a bit differently from each other but our ultimate goals are the same...thanks to all of you for the ongoing support.
  • whitelilly1
    Options
    You've just proven the theory that we all have to do whats right for us , and with a 6month old baby and all that exercise it might be better to start wading in at cycle 2 and add some healthy carbs in , you can't have much energy left by the end of the day ! 11 lbs loss is fantastic. What I think any of these books do is give us guidelines and helps us clean up our diet to help us change our lifestyles.

I pulled a calf muscle back in February and eventually had to see a physio for it and I am still seeing her 4 months down the line. The pain goes away so you think you are OK to do what you want and BANG it comes back again. I really want to run ( fantastic calorie burn) but each time I do the calf problem returns. Be prepared for it to take time. I can do the cross trainer , bike and stepper but have to stay away from running on the treadmill and she told me to stretch it several times a day .

Good luck this week and keep at it
  • Lesvel
    Options
    You've just proven the theory that we all have to do whats right for us , and with a 6month old baby and all that exercise it might be better to start wading in at cycle 2 and add some healthy carbs in , you can't have much energy left by the end of the day ! 11 lbs loss is fantastic. What I think any of these books do is give us guidelines and helps us clean up our diet to help us change our lifestyles.

I pulled a calf muscle back in February and eventually had to see a physio for it and I am still seeing her 4 months down the line. The pain goes away so you think you are OK to do what you want and BANG it comes back again. I really want to run ( fantastic calorie burn) but each time I do the calf problem returns. Be prepared for it to take time. I can do the cross trainer , bike and stepper but have to stay away from running on the treadmill and she told me to stretch it several times a day .

Good luck this week and keep at it

Thanks! Yes I am coming to terms with the fact that this injury will take some time. I pulled it running :-) so I know what you mean about loving running and missing it. Especially now that weather is getting nice!
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I have lost track of what day I'm on...and have realized that the C1 plan doesn't work for me. So, I'm doing my own plan that is more like C2 with some healthy carbs added (a nice multi-grain small bun for breakfast yesterday for example) and keeping very focused on my fitness goals. For the past 4 -5 days I was beating myself up over 'cheating' when really I was still eating a very healthy balanced diet, just not the 'rules' for this particular diet. I am sure the stress of my perceived failures were inhibiting my weight loss, with the small adjustments to fit me me better I'm relaxed and lost 2 lbs! I no longer feel guilt and think I'm actually eating more healthy. I'd like to stay on the message board with you all...call it an experiment to see if this will work long time for me or if I'll give the 17DD a full try again.

Went back to fitness classes last night, which felt amazing...cleared my mind and had loads of endorphans! Bad thing was over 2 weeks ago I pulled a calf muscle. I realized last night it is NOT healed so I'll still have to take it easy. Dissapointing but I know I have to get to 100% so I can really push the workouts down the road. I have signed up for a class at a local gym for the beginning of July called "Your 8 week Journey to Weight Loss" which should be a mixed bag of different exercise 2x a week + 'fitness homework' :-). Also doing a 3 week outdoor boot camp in August and a really cool class called hydro-spinning. A spinning class, but the bikes are IN THE POOL!!! How cool is THAT?? With all of this the one I'm most looking forward to is a 2 week class for my 6 mo son and I in the pool called wet adventures...with games and songs...it will be great.

My son is the #1 reason for this new approach to diet and fitness and he keeps me motivated. What is your motivation?

With all the bumps along the way so far I am pleased that I'm -11 lbs and counting. I know that if I want it I will get there. We may do things a bit differently from each other but our ultimate goals are the same...thanks to all of you for the ongoing support.

oh PLEASE stay here with us!! You are such a wonderful addition to this group.....I would hate to see you leave for ANY reason! I too am not doing strict 17dd. I think we each have to find what works for us and go with it! I started adding in healthy carbs yesterday and LOVE how I feel. So we will see how it goes here too.

I love all the classes you are taking. You are so inspiring! And how fun to have a swim class with your little one! How long is your leave? I am glad you are so inspired by your baby that you are doing such great self care. Being a mom makes us want to do all kinds of wonderful things to enhance life quality for our children....... bless them. And bless you!:heart: Dyanna
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of Cycle 2 , Oatmeal for breakfast and Fillet steak tonight to celebrate getting through Cycle 1 with an 8 lb Loss :happy:
    Usually i would have celebrated with a glass of wine, oh how life changes

That's a fantastic result, congrats! Sooo jealous of your oatmeal, that is the first thing I am having on cycle 2 yum!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options

You sound like you have a really good handle on what you need to do to make this work for YOU, that is really important! 6 month old at home makes anything challenging, you should be commended for all the good changes you are making, it would be easy to use the baby as an excuse, but instead he is your inspiration - awesome!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • trishDC
    trishDC Posts: 51
    Options
    So gals...I've been traveling for work the last few days and wanted to check-in quickly...so, I haven't read up on the posts yet.. I did great while on the road. I brought fruit and other snacks with me and made great choices at all the restaurants - except for a little blue cheese on my salad once. Anyhow, I believe it's day 11 for me - and still no movement on the scale. Therefore, it's going to be hard to get through the weekend without giving up. I'm actually wondering if a cheat might be good for me. Well, we'll see what happens. I'm going to do my best to get a week into Cycle 2 before I give up - hopefully :) Best wishes to all the rest of you!
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    So gals...I've been traveling for work the last few days and wanted to check-in quickly...so, I haven't read up on the posts yet.. I did great while on the road. I brought fruit and other snacks with me and made great choices at all the restaurants - except for a little blue cheese on my salad once. Anyhow, I believe it's day 11 for me - and still no movement on the scale. Therefore, it's going to be hard to get through the weekend without giving up. I'm actually wondering if a cheat might be good for me. Well, we'll see what happens. I'm going to do my best to get a week into Cycle 2 before I give up - hopefully :) Best wishes to all the rest of you!

Sorry to hear this Trish. Hope you see some movement on the scale.
  • xoxo99
    xoxo99 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Happy to see that I am feeling WAY better and can exercise again (yay) and back to work finally on Monday (which will mean a lot less time for MFP haha).

I am MOSTLY following 17 DD but am still allowing myself some healthy complex carbs here and there...more like cycle 2. I switch it up.

I am on day 4 of jillian michaels 30 day shred and am super pumped because I also started the couch to 5k program yesterday. I went so far as to register for a 5k in August so I have a goal to work towards. Coolest part is that the run will be just a few days before my 30th birthday. I have NEVER done any type of run/jog before so even though it's only a 5k, it would be a huge accomplishment for myself.

How is everyone else doing? Weekend is here!
  • suziecue66
    Options
    My TOM finally arrived today thank goodness. I am starting to get irregular.
    Not logging food this weekend just try and eat as healthy as can. will log again from Monday.
  • suziecue66
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Happy to see that I am feeling WAY better and can exercise again (yay) and back to work finally on Monday (which will mean a lot less time for MFP haha).

I am MOSTLY following 17 DD but am still allowing myself some healthy complex carbs here and there...more like cycle 2. I switch it up.

I am on day 4 of jillian michaels 30 day shred and am super pumped because I also started the couch to 5k program yesterday. I went so far as to register for a 5k in August so I have a goal to work towards. Coolest part is that the run will be just a few days before my 30th birthday. I have NEVER done any type of run/jog before so even though it's only a 5k, it would be a huge accomplishment for myself.

Well done. Is that your baby in pic?
  • xoxo99
    xoxo99 Posts: 36
    Options

No, that's my little nephew. He's an angel. My husband and I are TRYING to get pregnant though which will put a damper on the whole weight loss thing haha but ideally I'd like to lose some weight before gaining more by getting pregnant so that I am at my healthiest and not just plain fat when I am preg-o! ha!
  • suziecue66
    Options

No, that's my little nephew. He's an angel. My husband and I are TRYING to get pregnant though which will put a damper on the whole weight loss thing haha but ideally I'd like to lose some weight before gaining more by getting pregnant so that I am at my healthiest and not just plain fat when I am preg-o! ha!

Good idea to lose some weight before getting preggers. Nephew is cute.
  • Lesvel
    Options
    Thanks for all your support!!! LOVE this group...not going anywhere even if I'm not exactly following the "diet". It's taking some time to find my groove for the right things to eat, at the right times and not giving in to temptations, but I am getting there.

I'm Canadian so my mat. leave is a year. I left around Dec. 12th (did some things from home and last day in the office was Dec. 2) and I am planning on going back in November. I have ALL summer and early fall to focus on myself...I want this journey to be healthy and get me results...but it has to be FUN too. Life is way to short to be miserable and battling with myself over what to eat and not eat. 80-20 rule. Eat great 80% of the time and enjoy some treats the other 20%. I'm more like 50-50 now so have to keep that 80-20 goal in mind.

Almost another week behind us ladies!!! WOOHOO. Have a happy healthy and safe weekend.