Starting New Rules of Lifting tomorrow!!

blynnblair
blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
yeah i'm just a little excited to be starting this program :smile: I've got to get over being scared of the free weight area so here goes nothing

For anyone who has or is doing the program, any advice or pointers?
I'm also welcome to new friends that are lifting AND fueling their bodies. No one in real life understands what i'm doing so i'm just gonna do my thing and let the results speak for themselves :tongue:

Lastly compared my calorie numbers based on scooby and the New rules:
TDEE is 2740 15% cut on scooby is 2329
Non workout day according to New Rules : 2250
Workout Day: 2550

I was surprised how close they were, would it really matter which one i choose?

thanks in advance! I LOVE this group!

Replies

• LioshaM
    LioshaM Posts: 129 Member
    I'm new too, I'm sending you a friend request.
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Feel free to add me! I am in week 3 of NROLFW! I am obsessed and totally love it! My only advice is to not be intimidated. Just walk in there like you own it. And do NOT be afraid to try weight that are a little heavier than you think you can do. You'll be surprised at what your body is capable of.
  • blynnblair
    I'm new too, I'm sending you a friend request.

Added you!
  • blynnblair
    Feel free to add me! I am in week 3 of NROLFW! I am obsessed and totally love it! My only advice is to not be intimidated. Just walk in there like you own it. And do NOT be afraid to try weight that are a little heavier than you think you can do. You'll be surprised at what your body is capable of.

Thanks so much for the advice, I just added you! I think i'll be just as obessed in the coming weeks:happy:
  • MrsKosal
    I used to be cardio obsessed and now I dread cardio. I actually get excited to go to the gym now.
  • blynnblair
    I used to be cardio obsessed and now I dread cardio. I actually get excited to go to the gym now.

Same here!! i was doing Zumba 3 days a week and running while eating 1500 ish calories a day then got tired of not losing. i ended up taking a break for a few months due to having surgery, plus quite honestly i was so frustrated by not losing i threw my hands up... i gained back like 30 lbs of the 60 i had lost...Then i found this group and did tons of research so this time I'm not gaining the weight back and my focus is not on the scale. That is the best feeling ever!! Time to build some muscle and be an example of Eating More 2 Weigh Less!
  • ekdennis
    ekdennis Posts: 62
    Hey! I started yesterday and love it. I will try to figure out how to request you :)
  • MrsKosal

Same here!! i was doing Zumba 3 days a week and running while eating 1500 ish calories a day then got tired of not losing. i ended up taking a break for a few months due to having surgery, plus quite honestly i was so frustrated by not losing i threw my hands up... i gained back like 30 lbs of the 60 i had lost...Then i found this group and did tons of research so this time I'm not gaining the weight back and my focus is not on the scale. That is the best feeling ever!! Time to build some muscle and be an example of Eating More 2 Weigh Less!

You can do it! Good luck! It finally clicked for me when NROLFW had the same calorie guidelines. And more and more I'd see news stories with the same info too.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Started yesterday too and LOVE it already!!

Listen to ladies here and get ready to be a BADASS~ I want to be a 5 foot tall, 51 year old BADASS!!

What I did to prep:
    I did a "dry run" on all the moves in Stage 1 so I'd be familiar;
    got a clipboard from Walmart, copied Stage 1 Workouts;
    printed workout logs from the website
    came here for inspiration and motivation!!

And yesterday:
    I discovered that I REALLY needed new gloves so make sure you have them and that they are in good shape;
    I carried the clipboard around but waited till the end to log since there's only 5 moves to remember:
    actually used the gym clock to wait the 60 seconds between sets
    I DID NOT look around at anyone else (except a youngin' who thought I would use "light" weights) and kept my "head in the game" the whole time;
    it only took 25 minutes start to finish.

Good Luck, you're gonna LOVE it too!!
  • blynnblair
    Hey! I started yesterday and love it. I will try to figure out how to request you :)

yay we're friends now!! :)
  • blynnblair

Listen to ladies here and get ready to be a BADASS~ a 5 foot tall, 51 year old BADASS!!

What I did to prep:

And yesterday:
    I discovered that I REALLY needed new gloves so make sure you have them and that they are in good shape;
    I carried the clipboard around but waited till the end to log since there's only 5 moves to remember:
    I DID NOT look around at anyone else (except a youngin' who thought I would use "light" weights) and kept my "head in the game" the whole time;

I'm already kinda badass :laugh: but i'm ready to be a 5' 4" 25 year old FIT and STRONG BADASS!!

Thanks so much for the advice i really appreciate it and just gotta get a clipboard and gloves. Also thanks about the timing too so i know about how long it should take! I freaking love this group, you guys ROCK!!
  • blynnblair

You can do it! Good luck! It finally clicked for me when NROLFW had the same calorie guidelines. And more and more I'd see news stories with the same info too.

Thank you! One day everyone on those 1200 calorie a day diets will see our success and realize there is light at the end of the tunnel of not starving
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member

Listen to ladies here and get ready to be a BADASS~ a 5 foot tall, 51 year old BADASS!!

What I did to prep:

And yesterday:

I'm already kinda badass :laugh: but i'm ready to be a 5' 4" 25 year old FIT and STRONG BADASS!!

Thanks so much for the advice i really appreciate it and just gotta get a clipboard and gloves. Also thanks about the timing too so i know about how long it should take! I freaking love this group, you guys ROCK!!

I'll be your BADASS much older sister!! :wink: :blushing:
  • Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    here is a spreadsheet i found with all the workouts on it so you can just print them out for each stage

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmBawuhJvld5dFBNQnRfMUNtU3F4TXc4YmdpWWQyRnc#gid=0

I bring my little clipboard too and a stop watch to time rest periods.
  • blynnblair

What I did to prep:

And yesterday:

I'll be your BADASS much older sister!! :wink: :blushing:

OH YEAH!! Let's go sister!
  • blynnblair
    here is a spreadsheet i found with all the workouts on it so you can just print them out for each stage

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmBawuhJvld5dFBNQnRfMUNtU3F4TXc4YmdpWWQyRnc#gid=0

I bring my little clipboard too and a stop watch to time rest periods.

thanks for the link that helps a ton! :flowerforyou:
  • beenisafe
    beenisafe Posts: 49 Member
    I just started too. Had my 3rd session on Monday and will go again tomorrow. Really enjoying it. Adding u. When you do ur first week., let me know and we can compare weights.
  • blynnblair
    I just started too. Had my 3rd session on Monday and will go again tomorrow. Really enjoying it. Adding u. When you do ur first week., let me know and we can compare weights.

Sounds like a plan! :)
  • fyfi_fendir
    fyfi_fendir Posts: 64 Member
    I am almost at the end of stage 1. So far so good! I started at every 3 days and now do it every 2 days. Was sore the first 2-3 times when the movements were new to my body.
    We have a woman room so there was no need to be intimidated by guys... but now, I lift more than the available weight in the woman room, so on occasion I need to go out in the main area of the gym. So far no big deal...
    I would NOT recommend gloves. Actually it is better without since you want to train your finger muscle to hold the grip too. Apart from the deadlift, I never felt any sort of pain in my hand. As for the clipboard... well if you have a smart phone, there are tons of apps, where you can log you weight training and that have a stop watch or you can just give your brain a workout too and just try to remember... 5 exercises isn't so hard... wait in phase 2, one of them has 9! Good luck. Add me if you want!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    I am on stage 2 workout 3b....love it!

You can add me too if you want.

Make sure to get some good lifting gloves.