Males trying to EM2WL

Options
2»

Replies

• wffolkes
    wffolkes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Good News!
    Finally some success, after 3 weeks of increasing my calories and also having last week to rest (no gym) the scale has finally responded.

Almost 4lbs down from the last weight in, YES 3.9lbs. Obviously I will have to wait till next week to be sure its legit but im so happy after a good month of no movement finally some results and it comes after a rest and eating more calories.

I will start insanity today meaning I expect to burning a lot more calories and also increasing from 4- 5 to 6 days training. Recalculated my TDEE so im all ready to go. Let’s hope I shred the fat and get my bf% down to my goal.
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Not male obviously, but I am a tall female (5'11") and find that I eat closer to what many males eat. When I was cutting and not maintaining and working out 6 days a week I was eating 2800 calories. Now I work out 3-5 days a week and eat 2500-2700 calories to maintain. Definitely start using something other than the scale to track your progress!
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say Hi because its nice to see males in this group!

Seeing all of your TDEE and BMR numbers is making me feel ladylike again. :flowerforyou: I am doing a metabolism reset so I'm eating my TDEE of 2400 (got my RMR tested and its at 1700). Those numbers seemed so huge at first.... But this thread is very refreshing and helps my perspective! :)

Good luck to all you guys!
  • Gapwedge01
    Gapwedge01 Posts: 494
    Options
    I just wanted to say Hi because its nice to see males in this group!

Seeing all of your TDEE and BMR numbers is making me feel ladylike again. :flowerforyou: I am doing a metabolism reset so I'm eating my TDEE of 2400 (got my RMR tested and its at 1700). Those numbers seemed so huge at first.... But this thread is very refreshing and helps my perspective! :)

Good luck to all you guys!

Welcome and good luck!
  • wffolkes
    Options
    Had small success a few weeks back but my weight has fluctuated bk to around the same weight for the past 2weeks.

I have been doin the insanity workout while making sure I'm furling my body. I have increased my calories but no consistent scale movement. I'm sure by the end of insanity I'd have dropped body fat just have to keep going.

It's very discouraging not knowin what progress you have made but one positive is I'm a lot fitter than when I started.

Eating the right amount is a challenge also when you don't know what effect it's having.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Greetings!!!

K ... I'm not a guy, but I love them. Even if they do have testosterone and can totally rock out the muscle building and eating to fuel the muscle building bad assery : )

Not sure why we don't have many men hanging about, but INDEED fueling your body well by eating more than BMR, but less than TDEE is NOT a woman thing. I've been coaching a man, utilizing EM2WL principles and he has lost almost 60 pounds and is on the cusp of having his diabetic meds drastically lowered. He doesn't post in the forums or he'd have popped in to yak to you himself.

WELCOME!!! take your shoes off and stay awhile : ). And send more men over this way ....

Jen
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome...I am so happy to see guys posting!!!! Everyone can benefit from EM2WL, but people tend to think it is more of a woman "thing". We get asked all the time if men can do this...of course!

Kiki and I are "hoping" that a few of the guys will submit transformation or their journey stories to success@em2wl.com. We need to let guys know it isn't just a thing for the ladies. Mike submitted his a while back...hoping Brad and some others submit soon.
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    I'm having great success and I've just added heavy lifts to my routine... TODAY.

I couldn't be happier with this choice / lifestyle. I owe a lot to this group and the lovely people in it. I feel like I have my health, brain and life back.

Frankly if I hadn't been on EM2WL I wouldn't have had the mental stamina to withstand an interview process I just went through to get my dream job - as well as the energy to be ME at my job to gain friends in the work place and fit right in. That's just a taste of what EM2WL has done for me in the last month.

Poke around and you'll find my life story gushing in a few places if you're interested.

I'm 6'0, 27 years old, approx 220lb (haven't weight in a long time, weight isn't too important at this stage though I have some to lose).

CONGRATS!!!!!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    I don't think I've had a lot of success on it yet, but I don't think it's not working either. I'm a guy, 5'10, 215 lbs...I was eating 1500 a day, never eating back exercise calories, which resulted in 40 lbs over 4 months. As of 3 weeks ago, I upped my calories to a -20% cut of 2800 calories. Since doing that, I have not gained a lb, but haven't lost any either. So i went from 1500 calories to around 2800-3500 depending on the workout that day, and my weight has stayed the same. I have gotten stronger, and my runs have gotten faster in this time...So not a scale victory, but seems to be working. Also have lost .5-2.5 inches on various body parts. Don't be afraid to dive in.

Oh wow, that is just amazing. It is shocking to see how much food you actually "need". Sounds like your body has adjusted and it is thanking you by losing fat.

We usually suggest no more than a 15% cut, so you may want to consider bumping up a bit or even think about resetting:drinker:
  • wffolkes
    Options
    Still struggling on with no scale weight loss Ive increased my intake and still not gaining.

Looking leaner from the insanity work and will measure my bf% at the end of the month!

Im in it for the long haul it seems.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Still struggling on with no scale weight loss Ive increased my intake and still not gaining.

Looking leaner from the insanity work and will measure my bf% at the end of the month!

Im in it for the long haul it seems.

So body must still be stressed enough that metabolism is suppressed still.

After your increase of another 200 daily, see how much water weight you gain.

Insanity is a huge carb burner, so your body is trying to increase glucose stores for that intense carb burn, so you should gain fast water weight.
  • wffolkes
    Options
    Interesting,

I do think that once I finishe Insanity and rest for a week my weight will drop rapidly (Well I hope)

that seems to be the pattern in the past when I have a break I tend to lose.