The site is rolling...help us get this baby launched!

Options
31prvrbs
31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
Hey Fam, :smile:

We are well on our way, sorting through all of the WONDERFUL suggestions given in the site suggestions thread, and we are looking to make as many of those items as possible a REALITY :happy:

(a quick recap on that thread is here)
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/641239-we-want-your-suggestions

We've got quite a bit in the works: we're teaming up with a stellar Nutritionist, to help with special dietary needs and menu planning, we are having our very own EM2WL calculator built. We are looking at developing newsletters, starter kits, e-books, etc, and will soon launch the AD-FREE version of the forum that you guys have all been so awesome in testing out for us, as well as many other goodies to come (shirts?? hats?? who knows?!), all to bring your "dream" EM2WL site to life.

So once again, we are coming to YOU because we can't do it without you!

We need YOUR help getting EM2WL.com off the ground. Many of the wonderful suggestions that we'd like to incorporate require 2 things: time & money. We already have such an amazing team of moderators/admin, hard at work here, and I can guarantee you that every single one of us is working overtime (on top of our "normal" lives) trying to make this come together. Many people have volunteered to help in many different ways, and others have just asked what they could do to help. So we've come up with a few ways that any one in the family can so.

Ways to help:

1) Volunteer to be a moderator. Our mods seriously rock the house, but even so, the larger this community becomes, the more help we need, so that it does not become overwhelming. As I stated, we all still have regular lives and jobs, and NONE of us are getting paid here, lol (some of us quite the opposite). So although this is obviously not something that everyone can do, and you will have to be "approved" we are open to volunteers who have been in the game for quite some time and wouldn't mind paying it forward, as someone once did for you. This forum is hoppin 24-7, thanks to the www, so perhaps even if we have a vet in a different time zone/part of the world, that might help some. Again, this is completely non-paid position, our super awesome mods, who we'd LOVE to pay for their well-deserving efforts are doing this out of the kindness of their hearts for the fam. PM me for more info, if you are interested.

2) Make a Cathe purchase. EM2WL is now a PROUD affiliate of Cathe Friedrich. THE one and only, "Cathe". We are so excited, because we stand behind her products 150% and have been recommending them to home and gym exercisers from day 1. So if you visit the new site in progress, you will notice a few banners for purchasing Cathe downloads. If you make a purchase from clicking the banner through us, EM2WL gets the credit, and you help support the building of the new site, with no extra $. As a matter of fact, you can even get a 20% discount on her workouts by using the coupon code "save20" when you check out :wink:

3) Make an Amazon purchase. Amazon purchases "clicked through" the site will also kick back a few cents for the site, so if you need to make a workout DVD purchase, or New Rules of Lifting, or Science of Slim, etc, support EM2WL and "click through." As long as the click "originates" from the site, it doesn't matter if you purchase the actual item that you clicked, or decide on a different item. We will get credit, and you will get your product. We will ONLY recommend products that we wholeheartedly believe in, (trust us, it's not enough $$ to make us bend our standards, it's literally a few cents) but you are welcome to click through and continue shopping as usual, while supporting the site.

4) Donate. We do have a PayPal donate button on the site for anyone who would like to make direct monetary contributions to the site. It is located on the bottom of the main page, and the sidebar of most every other page. Because we have chosen to try only providing you with top notch experience on the site, we have not taken the "cheap" way out by bombarding you with gastric bypass and slim fast ads, just to make $ from ads. We literally go through each ad on that arrives on our site one by one, and "block" them if they are not in line w/the EM2WL lifestyle. This puts us at a perceived "disadvantage" as that is typically how most websites pay for hosting and domain charges. The less ads our site has, the more it costs to host our site.

Everything thus far has come from our own pockets, and we hope that over time, your experience at EM2WL.com will be a fantastic one, that you know that you helped to build and support in one way or another.

And last but not least. Keep making suggestions. Even if you can do none of the above, by simply letting us know what you want, would make the site, YOUR site. It helps us to know that we are spending our time efficiently, and actually meeting a need. :happy:

Most "click-through" links, banners and products (and articles & websites) we love are seen on our newly developed Resources page:
http://eatmore2weighless.com/faqs/resources/

Thanks to everyone who's messaged, asking how to help, and thanks a MILLION times over to our mods Mike, Jen, Becca & Nicole for everything that they do around here. We would not even have a spare minute to work on the site or vids if it weren't for y'all. :flowerforyou:

Kiki

Replies

• justjen0117
    Options
    Total and complete awesomeness!!!!!
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I always thought you should get a % for nrolfw purchases :tongue:

You guys are fab, this must be a great accomplishment for all your hard work.

I'm usually on a different times (new zealand) for most of the activity but lately I do a quick check through on my iPhone before I get out of bed... Then sit with my iPad and breakfast and catch up.....is that sad or dedicated....lol
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I always thought you should get a % for nrolfw purchases :tongue:

You guys are fab, this must be a great accomplishment for all your hard work.

I'm usually on a different times (new zealand) for most of the activity but lately I do a quick check through on my iPhone before I get out of bed... Then sit with my iPad and breakfast and catch up.....is that sad or dedicated....lol
    Lol...my phone is connected at all times...I burn out batteries so fast I have one charging and phone plugged and iPad going too...lol
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    This is important enough to bump!:tongue:
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    The site is awesome! I Can't wait to make my next Cathe purchase so you can get credit for it!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    And I just bought NROLFW - it's on its way. I so would've clicked through your website so you could get funds. That being said, I'm sure I'll make more purchases at some point and will look into the Cathe stuff!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    And I just bought NROLFW - it's on its way. I so would've clicked through your website so you could get funds. That being said, I'm sure I'll make more purchases at some point and will look into the Cathe stuff!
    Cathe rocks!!!!
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to moderate...depending on how that works. Could you send me info on how that would work?
  • Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    is there a way you can update the graphic we use in our progress tracker to include your web url? I think it would be beneficial to get the web site addy out there, if the .com could be added or maybe the whole address below the tape measure?
  • smurfee11
    smurfee11 Posts: 33
    Options
    Will gladly help anyway i can... Awesome site and you have inspired me sooo much!!
  • carriea67
    carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am happy to help! I will definitely look at the Cathe site....

You all have given us so much....would love to pay it forward....
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Srsly?! There's an EM2LM site?! I had no idea until reading this thread, don't know how I missed it but yeah I think putting the URL in the tickers would help generate traffic. I plan on ordering NROLFW next month sometime and I have not a clue who or what Cathe is so I'll go check out out via the EM2LM site to help y'all out. :flowerforyou:
  • summaryzn
    summaryzn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I just ORDERED new rules last week - the normal way via amazon. i would have much preferred to support you- but I see a donation in your VERYY near future. I think you ladies rock and totally got me to thinking an ddoing more than what Ive been taught all these years. After only a few days of eating more and meaning it - i feel better, stronger and more confident. Who would have know such an invaluable lesson would come for free. At the minimum we ALL can afford to pay forward the lesson by spreading the good word! Thanks Kiki and Lucia!
  • kgordon7
    kgordon7 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I so want the Cathe workouts, so I plan to get them when I have enough money after my college graduation. I'll be sure to make my purchases through the EM2LW website so that I can help out.
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    Definitely going to look into cathe dvd's!!

I'm not able to log in on the em2wl forum today, I keep getting a message saying I have successfully logged on but I'm not. I have registered and posted before....
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I would love to help in any way that I can as well...I sent you both (Kiki & Lucia) a PM as well. I also think it would be great to have the website on the ticker...For now though I am going to put it at the top of my profile for ALL to see!!! I absolutely would be lost without this group...I love you ALL!!!! Thank you!! :)
  • FabulousKP
    FabulousKP Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Cathe is next on my purchase list so I will definitely go through the site when it's time to get that! :) Especially since the Ukrainian blood in me saw there was a 20% discount coupon code!! LOL!!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Just joined the site. Somehow I missed this. Over there I am just 'Busy' think I might change to that here too
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to look into cathe dvd's!!

I'm not able to log in on the em2wl forum today, I keep getting a message saying I have successfully logged on but I'm not. I have registered and posted before....

Bummer. I'll look into it from the back end and make sure everything looks ok. Thanks for letting us know. That's why we need help testing. We need to make sure the forum will be able to "handle" all of us, lol. Although, the tester one is being hosted on a free hosting server right now (unlike the "real" one will be hosted by us on a paid domain reserved for EM2WL), so we may encounter problems just from that.

As for Cathe workouts, if anyone is looking at a workout in particular or wants suggestions let us know. We can help you find the one for you, whether aerobic or strength. You can ask here, or even better ask on one of my status posts, and get responses from tons of other "Cathletes" in my friends list (some cardio bunnies, some iron lovers like me) for a good variety of reviews.

Kiki