Today I started something new.

2»

Replies

• stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    You're doing great! Thanks for the updates.
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    I love reading updates from people who are doing so well, are really motivated and are not scared to eat. Keep them coming!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    I love this thread, and your boldness to do what needs to be done.
  • crystalwelshroberts
    crystalwelshroberts Posts: 147 Member
    Keep us updated Brad! I look forward to hearing how your measurements change once you have been lifting heavy for a month!

Your reports are inspirational.
  • nostripewhite
    nostripewhite Posts: 53 Member
    I find lifting MUCH more enjoyable than cardio. That being said, I've been going really light the last couple of months. No big lifts. Started last week building my workouts around bench, squats and deadlifts. Feeling inflated, but I feel like this is certainly a step in the right direction.

Stick with it dude, throwing that iron around should do wonders!
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    It's funny because I used to prefer cardio. Now, I much prefer lifting. Not that I'm lifting heavy yet, but I'm working my way there. I still love cardio, but I have to do a mix of it. I'm much more easily bored than I used to be, now that I'm lifting.

Keep with it! I look forward to hearing more about your results!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    I've been lifting heavy for over a week now and things are going okay. Yesterday I was super bloated and nothing fit. Today I got a pair of shorts on I haven't worn in 4 years. So go figure. Today is my legs workout. I'm excited to get in there. Legs is my favorite muscle group to work.

I am hoping I start seeing some more solid mirror results in 3 weeks. I really count today as the start of week 2.

Hi Brad~ just saw this and I am so "pumped" for you!! Your mental outlook is very similar to mine only it took me til age 51 to figure it out!
    Would you mind joining us on the Reset Thread? We could really use your enthusiasm and input and would LOVE to follow your story too!!
    All the best, Rosie
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    I'm cutting back on my MFP time considerably, I just have too much going on now so I can't really engage in anything new.

What I can say is I am having a bloated day today due to massive sodium intake. I am hoping by next week to be able to take some new measurements - and since this is day 9 of verifiable heavy lifts I only have 21 more days to go until I am ready to report month 1 updates.

On a funny note, I did lats last week (wednesday) and I still have DOMs from it when I take my shirt off. LOL