Welcome to the Challenge!

Options

Replies

• Carani
    Carani Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm Cara, a mom of an almost-3-year-old. I have been overweight since quitting exercising after a bad knee break in my teens. I've started doing fitness 9 months ago, but the weight loss has been slow.
    I'm looking for ways to get things going again.

This challenge would mean I'd have to lose almost half of what I managed to lose over a full year in 2011, which sounds a bit steep but I'm going to give it my best shot! This morning, including some water weight, I was at 98,4 kgs which is almost 217 lbs. 4% would mean losing 8.7 lbs. Honestly, I would be delighted if I could manage to go below 210 in a month.

Anyone from the group needing friends please hit the button, I could really use the support!

(I live halfway across the world in Holland by the way, so I might be up at some odd hours for you guys)
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm hoping to lose 4% by the end of July, too! My weight as of this morning was 153 (which is what I put on the spreadsheet), but that could change up or down by Sunday morning weigh in, so I'll edit my starting numbers at that time. Currently that puts it at a 6.1 lb. goal to lose by the 31st of July. Hmmmm, that could be a tough one, but I'll give it my best shot!

Ahhhh, if only I wasn't so honest!

When I posted this earlier this week, I weighed in at 153 per above and that's what I posted as start weight on the chart, but when I weighed myself this morning (July 1) I weighed 151.5! The 4% goal hasn't changed much, I now need to lose 6 lbs. even (instead of 6.1) but instead of having a goal weight of 147, my goal weight is now 145.5, since I'm starting 1.5 pound lighter than anticipated! I could have given myself a 1.5 pound head start by leaving the figures stand as they were on the chart, but that would only have been cheating myself.

So, I've changed my 7/1/12 start weight and 4% goal to reflect my 7/1 weigh in this morning. Bring on July! I'm ready for it!

Oh, and has the week 1 mini challenge been decided yet? If so, what is it?
  • SRitzy
    SRitzy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    He, everyone! I'm Sandy. I'm at 190.4 lbs today, which means a 4% loss (or 7.6 lbs) will bring me to 182.8. Keeping on track, that is just what I need to loose in order to hit my goal weight before the holidays (which is my Christmas gift to myself this year). Very excited to do this!! :smile:
  • SRitzy
    SRitzy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    He, everyone! I'm Sandy. I'm at 190.4 lbs today, which means a 4% loss (or 7.6 lbs) will bring me to 182.8. Keeping on track, that is just what I need to loose in order to hit my goal weight before the holidays (which is my Christmas gift to myself this year). Very excited to do this!! :smile:

I also had to change my weight, since I was down 2 lbs this morning. I'm at 188.4 lbs today, which means a 4% loss (or 7.5 lbs) will bring me down to 180.9!
  • ccampbell1940
    Options
    Hi all - Happy to join this bunch of "losers" LOL!! My 4% this month is 7.1 lbs. and I just know I can do this! :love:
  • kathyanne07
    kathyanne07 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Kathy and my 4% weight loss goal is 12 pounds. Good Luck to everyone. I'm not sure how to access the spreadsheet though. If it's easy to explain could someone explain it for the not so "techno" people please and thank you. Good luck to everyone!!
  • refeek
    refeek Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Kathy and my 4% weight loss goal is 12 pounds. Good Luck to everyone. I'm not sure how to access the spreadsheet though. If it's easy to explain could someone explain it for the not so "techno" people please and thank you. Good luck to everyone!!

I just clicked on the next available line and put in my stats. It saves automatically! Good luck to you!
  • refeek
    refeek Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Karen and my 4% goal for July is 7.7 lbs! Good luck everyone!
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm in to, I'm Chelle, my SW is 244, so I'm aiming for 10lbs by the end of July.
  • Msmonique1982
    Msmonique1982 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Monique, my SW is 220 and 4% is 8.8lbs for the month. Pleae let me know how to get on the spreadsheet and who is in charge.
  • gmoneylemus
    Options
    Hello My SW is 290 and 4% is11.6 lbs for the month. Please add me to the spreadsheet.
  • MrzBlessedLady
    MrzBlessedLady Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Ashley and I have been doing fairly well with my weight loss, but I am ready to kick things into high gear this month. I am currently doing the 30 Day Shred, I finally made it to level 2. I'm looking forward to meeting my goal of 11lbs this month, I am going to aim for it even though it seems like alot I know it can be done with changing up my diet drastically lol. Good luck to everyone! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
    SW: 286
    GW by the end of July: 275
  • lottieloves85
    lottieloves85 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wow, more newcomers!!!

Lovely to meet you all and see how committed you are to getting in shape :)

To access the spreadsheet copy and paste this link into your browser:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmOJp-4C2jhgdE9MRE55ZEkyQkxjcS13RUJjeW5fdlE#gid=0

Scroll to the bottom of the page and fill in your details, it saves automatically.

Great to have you all here, it's going to be an awesome month!

Feel free to friend me! x
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Starting weight is 151.4 and 4% is 6lbs. GW for July=145. Sounds tough but I'll do my best!!
  • 130to116
    130to116 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi everyone my starting weight is about 124 so 4% would be about five pounds, it's a bit of a stretch but I'm going to do it!
  • 2012Mich
    2012Mich Posts: 93
    Options
    Ooops forgot to introduce myself ;) Hi everyone my name's Michelle. My starting weight is 163 lbs and 4% would put me at 6.52 lbs.

Good luck to everyone!
  • roziepozie4876
    Options
    My name is Rose. I'm looking to go from 139 to 130 doing Paleo all month and working out a minimum of 5 days a week.
  • Seraina2
    Seraina2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My starting weight is 295lbs, so 4% of that is 11.8lbs. Going by previous results, I'm not sure that is achievable for me, but I'm going to try my best!

Good luck everyone!
  • gmoneylemus
    Options
    Hi my name is gmoney and this my second challenge I have lost 19 on my first challenge but a total of 37. my wife and I are on this challenge together she is my support and motivater she has lost 25 I love this woman so this challenge will keep me even more focused. Add me for real support not facebook support good luck. 11.8 is my goal this month.
  • ang_stauff
    ang_stauff Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Angela I just had a baby 2 months ago and only gained 25lbs and luckily lost it all right away, but before getting pregnant I was trying to lose 25-30 lbs and had gotten pregnant about 6 weeks after starting MFP so now my goal is to get back in the healthy eating/exercisng track and lose this 30 lbs. I weighed in Friday morning and was 160..4 % goal would be to lose 6.4lbs...Im really excited to have joined this challenge and look forward to the results