introduce Yourself

Options
Hi everyone! Started on IP today! I've done this diet before, but was NOT careful going back on carbs and gained the weight back. There were some other reasons I gained it back (like a tonne of stress) but I definitely should have phased out of ketosis more gently. But I'm back and determined to do things right this time around. The diet really works. But like any other plan, transitioning to the maintenance phases is a real challenge. Looking forward to meeting other IP dieters and exchanging tips and recipes! J.

Replies

• curlymess624
    Options
    HI! I am on week 3 of Ideal Protein and I have lost 11 lbs! I am worried about getting off the diet and gaining the weight back because I am just doing this until I have to go back to school. What are your suggestions for keeping the weight off?
  • blacklaceroses
    blacklaceroses Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    hey ❤ I'm on day three im doing mines at home and so far very easy. of course im use to protein shakes been using them since 2009 so. but im mostly doing to gain control of my cravings again and get back on track

hey curlymess i think the book talk about easing slow back in a lower carb diet as you add food back to prevent weight gain. i can say it what i did and it worked
  • smseufert
    smseufert Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello All! I started the IP diet last week. I work in a wellness center and have started to offer this diet plan to our patients as well. Not only am I on the diet but I am also coaching others through the diet plan as well. I have been "dieting" for a year and am using this opportunity to shed the last 16lbs I have to go before I reach my ultimate weight goal!

I am still quite new to the program and am still navigating my way through the highly-restricted diet.
  • bwileaver
    bwileaver Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi gang,

My name is Beth and I live in Illinois. I did IP last year with great results but backslid as a result of stress and lack of willpower so I gained it back.

I've been back on program for 2 months now and am trying to hang on for the long haul this time. :)
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My name is Tommie and I have been doing IP for 3 months and have lost 25 pounds. My center does it a little different and maybe that is why so many people stay on it longer. They let you divide your protein between lunch and dinner (8 oz. total) and that has made it very easy to stay on. I did really well the first couple of months, but then I started cheating a little bit. I am still losing, but have added wine on occasion and a diet drink now and then. A couple of times I have splurged and had carbs, but get right back on. It is a lot of money to be cheating and my weight loss is a little slower, but I feel great. I have also started working out and it makes me hungrier. I think it is a great program and very easy to follow. My coach told me that I didn't have to workout, but just to lift small weights while watching TV just to build muscle so I won't gain it back when I go off of it. I told her that I thought about taking a break since I have been going off program, but she said it is really hard to get back on. The next week I lost 5 pounds which motivated me and I am doing much better this week. Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck with your weight loss.
  • michaeldmcmillin
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Mike, and I started the Ideal Protein diet on May 14th, 2012. As of 8/6/12, I have lost 56.4 pounds, and am on Phase 3 of the diet. I am an Army Iraq Vet, who lost his way since my honorable discharge in 2005. I gained over 75 pounds in 7 years!! I just picked back up walking/running this week - and I am enjoying the breakfasts on Phase 3. I cannot wait until maintenance. Congrats to everyone's successes. Looking forward to your posts!
  • linda_p
    linda_p Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started Ideal Protein on August 8th, 2012. I lost 13 lbs in 3 weeks and then went on a week's vacation to Aspen. I took IP packets and planned to stay OP but developed altitude sickness. One of the preventions is to eat a high carb diet so I had to go off plan. I got right back on when I returned but have only lost an additional 1 lb in the last month. I became so discouraged, I started adding back healthy carbs this last week. However, I believe in this program and am so glad I found this group. Reading your posts have motivated me to get back to 100% OP and be patient! Thank you! Feel free to add me as a friend. I need all the support, encouragement, advice, and help I can get.
  • mandypatt11
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Mandy and Im currently on day 2 of ideal protein. I did this diet last year and became pregnant after three weeks on the program. So im back to shed the baby weight! Love this diet!
  • omorgano
    omorgano Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    LOL, Mandy, the same thing happened to me. Good luck and let me know if you need any support
  • teashag
    teashag Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started IP 2 weeks ago. According to my home scale I'm down 12 but we'll see later today when I check in at the wellness center.

T-
  • jtakingcareofherself
    Options
    Congrats! Feel free to add me. I'm in Phase 3. Still got about 10 lbs to my goal, but I decided to come off IP for the last 10 lbs as I'm weightlifting a lot.
  • wilma5344
    wilma5344 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Started doing IP on Sept 18. So far have lost 13#.
  • jtakingcareofherself
    Options
    Hi Wilma! Welcome to the IP group. Feel free to add me.
  • mikesgirl71
    mikesgirl71 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Dawn. I live in MS and started IP October 5th. I have lost 10.6 lbs and feel great already. Feel free to add me too :)
  • Trekmamma
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I went to an IP meeting last night and will officially start next Wednesday. I am excited and nervous, this is my last attempt before gastric bypass. I should lose at least 100lbs. But I have 2 friends who have been very successful on the program so I am using them for inspiration and support!

I am 50 yrs old and have a 4yr old daughter. I need to dance at her wedding!!! I am an RN and work evenings so I have a lot of trouble with eating right. I am not hungry all day because I graze when I get home at midnight.
  • kklik967
    kklik967 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am on my third week of the Ideal Protein diet and I have lost 15!! I feel like I finally have control over my cravings and food doesn't have much control over me. I'm hoping to lose 60 within the Phase 1.
  • mikesgirl71
    mikesgirl71 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome kklik967! I am in my 4th week on Ideal Protein. You are doing great! I hope to lose 80-100 lbs. I feel better already though.
  • newtonnola62
    Options
    I'm on my 5th week and I have stalled. I haven't cheated or anything so a little frustrated. I have lost 11Lbs total since September 21, 2012. The plus is I feel fantastic, lots more energy. Totally scared of phasing back to regular human food though. LOL
  • JTBR02
    JTBR02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been doing IP since October 2011. Due to general craziness in my life at work and home I have not been nearly as strict as I would like, but have lost 123 lbs to date, and am only 16 lbs away from my goal. I am a huge fan of the diet and have seen amazing results in my life and others. For those new to the diet, stick with it, and good things will happen!
  • jtakingcareofherself
    Options
    Welcome to all the new and seasoned IP dieters! I lost 30 lbs in 3 months, then phased off and maintained for 1 month. And now I'm back and motivated to lose the last 10 lbs! Day 2 today! Getting back to "normal" food was a little scary, but I did my best to be aware of how I feeling and kept repeating to myself the "it will still be here later if you really, really want it" rather than just consuming what looked good and was ahead of me. Feel free to add me!