Who's excited for the State Fair?

Options
TeachTheGirl
TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
I am!

I have been going every year since I moved out here. It doesn't hurt that I live just up the road from the fairgrounds too. ;)

I have planned to eat as much as I can at the fair and I'm going to attempt to log all of my calories that day, as sort of an experiment. I'm preparing for a major tummy ache afterward. XD

Replies

• eduardo_d
    eduardo_d Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am! Will not be logging the day I go there.
  • lappyd425
    lappyd425 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    State Fair is a free day for me....I log nothing!!! Can't wait for my Chocolate covered Cheesecake on a stick.....And whatever else I can find!!!! Yummy!!!!
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I hope to go this year
    Alligator is YUMMMYYYY.
  • _Triple_S_
    _Triple_S_ Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am. Got my daughter tickets to Demi Lovato...I would rather go see Kiss & Motley Crue...but its her birthday present.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    have only been a couple of times......maybe I'll make it this year!
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this today...

I doubt I'll be at the State Fair this year (limited weekends off, live 2.5 hours away, hectic summer schedule)

Anyone going to try the new (lamb?) testicles on a stick?
  • gone2facebookprint
    gone2facebookprint Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    yum Carmel apple... i can't wait for those and for fireworks...
  • TeachTheGirl
    Options
    I'm looking forward to finally eating one of the cream puffs. Usually we get there after we've already had a lot to eat. This time I'm determined to make that my first food. XD
  • gone2facebookprint
    Options
    I'm looking forward to finally eating one of the cream puffs. Usually we get there after we've already had a lot to eat. This time I'm determined to make that my first food. XD

Good luck!! :) when is the state fair anyways?
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Lived in MN for 30 yrs and have never gone . Not a large crowd person.
  • TeachTheGirl
    Options
    August 23rd until September 3rd.

The crowds can be kind of intimidating, I admit. I was actually pretty amazed how many people there were when I first visited! As I live nearby, I've seen the grounds completely empty, so it's crazy seeing it full too!

This year we might just walk it and leave the car at home. I just worry about dragging the kids...
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I am! I didn't go last year so I am going twice this year (though once I will be working at my Alma Mader's booth for a couple of hours but I will get in free in exchange).
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I AM!

I have just started looking at my plane tickets to fly back.

Cheese curds
    Corn on the cob
    Sweet Martha's cookies and MILK
    Hotdish on a stick

yummmmmmmmmmm
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I usually go twice, more to see it all than to eat, I go to people watch too.

Kiwani's chocolate malt
    Cheese curds
    Those are my 2 must haves :-)
  • TeachTheGirl
    Options
    Sweet Martha's is a MUST.

My favorite memory of getting those cookies was just after the Weird Al concert a few years ago, everyone queued up to get cookies before they went home. After getting out of one of the cable cars, a couple of the kids manning them asked for cookies and we chatted for a bit; almost everyone who came through gave them cookies. I bet they were sick the next day. XD
  • gone2facebookprint
    Options
    I usually go twice, more to see it all than to eat, I go to people watch too.

Kiwani's chocolate malt
    Cheese curds
    Those are my 2 must haves :-)

People watch... that sounds like Jenny lol

explain this people watching that you do
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I read the list of new fair foods, and the only thing that really sounds like something I may be interested in trying is the bacon ice cream. But I'm super excited about the people watching!
  • morgynsmama
    Options
    I enjoy taking the kids to the State Fair. I never get anything fun to eat though. I like going to the Russian Tea house as treat if I'm down that way.
  • karrie2213
    karrie2213 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have already started planning, YES - PLANNING....I map it out and go 3-4 times a year to break it into more manageable runs. One day is just for beer :) so we plan a sober cab and watch all the different free music all over the fair. Another day is for the buildings so we snack as we walk about. Another visit is with my kids (took just my 11 yr old daughter last year, this year taking my daughter 12, and my son 10!!!) so I am sure that day we will be midway bound. Then...if it works out, I like to be there on Labor Day to close it down and find any good deals :P Yep, MAJOR fair junkie here.

Will I be tracking? Sure, why not??? Fair only happens once a year!!! :)
  • Andrea2315
    Andrea2315 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My husband and I love the fair! He eats so much when we are there it's unbelievable how he packs it all in. I try to be good, but I let myself indulge a bit and then work out like mad afterwards. Can't wait! :)