Who's excited for the State Fair?

Options

Replies

• wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    I've never been. We've lived in the state off and on for 10 years.... I've heard so much about the unbelievable food but, my health is more important than that. So I'm refraining from indulging, though I MAY have one treat.... I hear those cookies are phenominal, and I'm a sucker for a good chocolate chip cookie.

Good Luck to all of you, and I hope your tummy's don't get too upset.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,421 Member
    Options
    oh yeah...I can taste it now...sweet martha's cookies and unlimited chocolate milk! What a wonderful day :smile:
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    OMGOMGOMG!! I cannot wait for the Fair!!

We got an RV to camp in the fairgrounds this year! My hubby and I got married there two years ago!

Yeah.. I totally freaking love the fair!
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with carlsoda-Martha's cookies and free milk!

I live several hours away from the Twin Cities and we'll get home late so doubt I'll log in that day.
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    can't wait
    can't wait
    can't wait
  • leelees10
    leelees10 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Getting excited as I heard you can pick up advance tickets. It will be here before we know it! Super excited as I go every year with the family.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Haven't been in YEARS..............will have to see if I can fit that one into the schedule :)
  • BMJ1225
    BMJ1225 Posts: 12
    Options
    TOTALLY! :) so stoked! Im gonna try to be healthy but itll be hard. Im seeing my inspiration demi lovati perform there. SO EXCITED
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else purchase the Blue Ribbon book and how many coupons do you find yourself using?
  • MNchick
    Options
    I always buy the book and I tend to use at least 4-5 for each day I go. I usually share with my sister or dad also. If there are ones that I won't use, I hand them to people in line of the place I'm never gonna eat at so they don't go to waste!
  • mariel12982
    Options
    I am super excited! I love the State Fair! One day I hope to be able to get on rides but until then I will just be walking.
  • katythemommy
    Options
    Does anyone else purchase the Blue Ribbon book and how many coupons do you find yourself using?

We usually buy 2 books before the fair and generally end up with 4 by the end lol! We use several of the coupons though so it's a great deal for us!

Some that I can think of are the java/mocha frappe, hawaiian shaved ice, wild rice burger, etc..!
  • TeachTheGirl
    Options
    Last year we couldn't even give ours away! We went 2 days and after we knew we wouldn't be going again, we offered it to people on the way out; I think people assumed we wanted money for it, but we really just wanted other people to use it so it didn't go to waste!

Looks like I'll be going on opening day. OOF.
  • MNchick
    Options

We usually buy 2 books before the fair and generally end up with 4 by the end lol! We use several of the coupons though so it's a great deal for us!

Some that I can think of are the java/mocha frappe, hawaiian shaved ice, wild rice burger, etc..!

I LOVE the frappe and the wild rice burger!!!!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I go about once every 5-10 years and I went last year so I'm good for another 9 years or so ;-) The fanatical amount of people scare me... not into crowds
  • katythemommy
    Options

I LOVE the frappe and the wild rice burger!!!!

Me too!! So so so delicious!

We always go on opening day and then 5 or 6 more times. We actually rented an RV last year and camped at the fair the whole time and we will be doing that again this year! Cannot wait!
  • TeachTheGirl
    Options
    Oh man, that sounds like fun. I'm so lucky, I live near the 280 ramp on Larpenteur, so it's just down the way from my house. We were thinking about leaving the car at home this year, but I don't think I can ask my five year old to do all that walking!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I am totally going to the fair!!! Mmmm. Corn dogs. Gotta have one. Not a pronto pup either. A CORN DOG!!! :)
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Oh, BTW. It is totally worth it to invest in the coupon book. Also, do try the deep fried veggies on a stick. They are phenomenal!!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    They have free park and ride shuttles. If you look on line, they will give you the location and they drop you off right at the door!!