Who's excited for the State Fair?

Options

Replies

• rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I love love love the fair and plan for it for months! My son and I always go two days in a row as we live over 3 hours away. We don't do the midway, but we love the people, we love the shopping, we love the barns, we love the EVERYTHING!! Oh and we really love the shopping...and the food!

I used to go crazy and eat everything in sight. Now my son usually gets stuff and I'll just take a bite of his...one bite of cheese curds, one bite of pronto pups, one bite of deep fried twinkies, one bite of cream puff, one mini doughnut, one sweet martha's choc chip cookie, one corn roast and on and on and on! LOL! But we get to the fair at 7am and don't leave until at least 7pm, so 12 hours of walking really helps out!

I also always have to get a piece of big fat bacon and a french crepe and lefsa and wine ice cream and, of course, a scotch egg.

I think I'm going to need to triple my workouts until the fair!!
  • SandysNewLife
    SandysNewLife Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    ACK !!! you guys are making me hungry ! Ive gone every years since I was 13 so this is gonna be 38th year lol.I know the fair well!
    I intend to keep my diet there so not as stoked as most of you to go.Guess Ill be looking at more stuff instead of eating . You can eat good there just slim pickings.
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Oh man, that sounds like fun. I'm so lucky, I live near the 280 ramp on Larpenteur, so it's just down the way from my house. We were thinking about leaving the car at home this year, but I don't think I can ask my five year old to do all that walking!

Wow! You are super close! We are right off Hamline and Cty Rd. C, not walking distance but they have a park and ride literally next door - it's been so nice the past years!
  • StarryOne
    StarryOne Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just got asked this week to work at the Luminarium at the Fair a few days this year. http://www.mnstatefair.org/entertainment/gs_shows/att05_luminarium.html Doesn't it look cool? And then I get to be at the Fair a couple of extra days, which will be grand.

Last year I actually got home from the Fair and realized that I forgot to eat. Oops- there is too much to see and do, that eating is low priority for me! And I bike there and walk a lot, so I probably had negative calories that day.
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I just got asked this week to work at the Luminarium at the Fair a few days this year. http://www.mnstatefair.org/entertainment/gs_shows/att05_luminarium.html Doesn't it look cool? And then I get to be at the Fair a couple of extra days, which will be grand.

Last year I actually got home from the Fair and realized that I forgot to eat. Oops- there is too much to see and do, that eating is low priority for me! And I bike there and walk a lot, so I probably had negative calories that day.

Exciting! My 4 year old CANNOT WAIT to go see the Luminarium!
  • kbrob14
    kbrob14 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Very excited for the state fair! My husband and I met through showing cattle in 4-H at the state fair! Love having experienced that side of the state fair instead of just a visitor! :)
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I will be able to eat NOTHING there due to my 90 day challenge!! BOOOO!!! We are going on the 31st. My daughter made it into the talent show! Out of hundreds, they only picked 30! If you are there on the 31st at 6 pm, stop by the bandshell and loudly cheer for MORGAN!!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I'll cheer for you from my house if I'm not there that day. Just imagine 'RAH RAH' somewhere down the road. XD

kbrob14, that's SO sweet. It's almost like reliving a honeymoon situation every fair then!

I wonder if MyFitnessPal does pin-badges or something. I'd proudly wear one on my shoulder or something so that we could easily identify one another in a place like that and stop and say hi. =)
  • morgansmom02
    Options
    We could make our own stickers to wear that day!
  • TeachTheGirl
    Options
    I'm going on Friiiiiiday~

I'm always so excited beforehand, frustrated while I'm there and exhausted afterward. XD

You'd think I'd have learned by now.
  • grizbear1225
    Options
    I will definitely go for at least one day, have eased my calories down a bit so I could drop a couple pounds so I can allow myself a good, cheat day at the fair.....this should be fun...:happy:
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Going this Sunday. Then Ren Fest next Sat :-)
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Going Wednesday Aug 29th. Yayyy for free milk and Martha's cookies. Yum.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Going on Monday, can't wait. Not a single calorie will be logged.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Might have to run it by the better half, we haven't gone in about four years.
  • morgansmom02
    Options
    Headed there August 31st! My daughter is dancing at the talent show that night!
  • morgansmom02
    Options
    Going Wednesday Aug 29th. Yayyy for free milk and Martha's cookies. Yum.

I think they charge $1.00 now
  • TeachTheGirl
    Options
    Yep, $1 all you can drink milk. White or chocolate.

I'm going to try to log all of my calories. Just to see where I end up at the end of the day. XD
  • StarryOne
    StarryOne Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I start working at the Luminarium tonight! I had to go to the Fairgrounds yesterday for training and it was so fun to be among the madness. My plan is to take the bus there and then jog home each night I work, so that on the day I actually go for fun I can indulge.

Definitely visit the Luminarium. It is super cool.
  • TeachTheGirl
    Options
    http://kstp.com/news/stories/S2738897.shtml?cat=1

Whoops!

I'm going to look into bringing the kids into the Luminarium if we're there long enough. =)