No Scale July

Options

Replies

• rowlandk
    rowlandk Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I am totally in! I made my boyfriend hide my scale last week and my workouts have been fantastic! (mostly because I'm not punishing myself when the scale goes up anymore, so I have the energy to workout hard)
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I am in! My boyfriend already took my measuring tape and the batteries out of the scale from me. He has threatened to never give them back!!
  • curiousheathy
    Options
    You can count me in!! :)
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale and do my best to judge by NSVs.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I decided to do this like 3 days ago!

Also, this is great:

http://www.niashanks.com/2012/07/stop-weighing-on-the-scale-for-weight-loss/
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    holy smokes...its meant to be!!!

look what i stumbled on just now:

http://www.niashanks.com/2012/07/stop-weighing-on-the-scale-for-weight-loss/

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
    What a great article/post about why you should put away the scale!! Thanks for posting this.:flowerforyou:
  • keyboardwench
    keyboardwench Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of in. I've been scaleless since the 24th of last month and am going to the 22nd. Still sort of in the same boat. The temptation is so hard to resist, I was definitely a daily weigher beforehand and it would affect my mood.
  • tracylgorman
    tracylgorman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm nervous, but I'm in!
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Add me to the bandwagon. I weighed today. Measured yesterday.

I'm doing a rest week then going to eat TDEE for the rest of the month ...trying to bust through a plateau. Upping my training a bit. So ...no scale is a very good idea for me

Great article!! Thanks for sharing
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic!!

I love the article too!!!

I am going back to her website and read read read.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Read the article, perused the website. Ordered a tank top. Beautiful Badass ...Lift Like a Girl

Oh yea.... Had to have me one : )
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Ok im in!
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Read the article, perused the website. Ordered a tank top. Beautiful Badass ...Lift Like a Girl

Oh yea.... Had to have me one : )

hahahaha!
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    2 days into my cut, i stepped onto the scale and was immediately frustrated. ugh.

f* the scale.

no scale in july sounds good to me. but i'll still take body fat readings and take measurements once a week.
  • Mistymath
    Mistymath Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm terrified, but I'm in. Haven't weight myself since Sunday morning. Hoping to make it until Tuesday, 7/31.
  • AmandaI83
    AmandaI83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!

Right now I weigh myself once a week, but I think I need to focus more on losing inches and not so much the weight. And I have to pay more attention to how my clothes fit. So as I said, I'M IN!!
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in! Went most of June without the scale, so hoping I can go all of July without it.
  • LadyJocc
    LadyJocc Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm in - love this idea.
  • divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    thanks to inspiration from bsinno, I am into day 2 of NOSCALEJULY, mine is still in the bathroom, I am just ignoring it for now!:bigsmile:
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    Just remember - scale weight means nothing! It's all about the inches and how you look in the mirror. :)

I try to think like this since I can visually see changes in my body since making cleaner eating choices and harder workouts, BUT knowing in the back of your mind that the world says you are 30-40 lbs overweight still makes you see yourself differently and feel like you don't look any different to the rest of the world.

I don't think I can give up my scale this month, BUT KUDOS TO THOSE WHO ARE GOING FOR IT!