Fast Food Be Gone! - Conversation Thread - 2012

Options

Replies

• meeaham
    meeaham Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    @ Mollie: We will be here to support you! =) Oh Costco, why is their hot dog so good and so cheap??!!!! It's so hard to pass up on it sometimes! But it's ok to splurge in moderation! I made it a goal as well to go 25 days w/o FF! We can do it! I'm at two days of FF this month. I went out to dinner tonight with my husband and had pizza at BJ's! They had a special deal going on!!! It was two soups or salads, a medium pizza, and a pizookie for $19.95! So good!

I'm planning to eat no FF this weekend since I don't have any plans. Have a fun weekend everyone whatever you do! =)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting up September's challenge Mollie!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I went to a baseball game yesterday with my mom and brother and it was so much fun! I knew yesterday would be my FF day. I just couldn't resist the hot dog and fries and it's not that often I go to a baseball game so mind as well enjoy it! =)

Today, I did better and had no FF! I made some kale chips out of curiosity and I must say, they were actually ok! I'm planning to make them again in the future because kale is supposed to be really good for you!

Mai, Speaking of Kale Chips I plan to make some in the morning. I received some Kale in my CSA veggie box this week. I'll let you know what I think. lol

Hi Mollie!

I finally got my grip back and am not craving sugary junk and ff. Seems when I'm off track either from being ill, stressed etc. etc. it's so easy to fall back on it. Then once I get a few days under my belt of veggies and all the good for us food, I'm stronger and don't even miss it.

xo
  • meeaham
    Options
    Thanks for posting up September's challenge Mollie!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I went to a baseball game yesterday with my mom and brother and it was so much fun! I knew yesterday would be my FF day. I just couldn't resist the hot dog and fries and it's not that often I go to a baseball game so mind as well enjoy it! =)

Today, I did better and had no FF! I made some kale chips out of curiosity and I must say, they were actually ok! I'm planning to make them again in the future because kale is supposed to be really good for you!

Mai, Speaking of Kale Chips I plan to make some in the morning. I received some Kale in my CSA veggie box this week. I'll let you know what I think. lol

Hi Mollie!

I finally got my grip back and am not craving sugary junk and ff. Seems when I'm off track either from being ill, stressed etc. etc. it's so easy to fall back on it. Then once I get a few days under my belt of veggies and all the good for us food, I'm stronger and don't even miss it.

xo

@ Hearts: Let me know how they turn out! I made them again earlier this week and it's starting to grow on me! It's my second time making it and I think I'm gonna try to eat them once a week! It's good and healthy! =)

I did really well today and had no FF! Tomorrow I'm planning to do the same!

Keep it up everyone!!! =)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

Well I had Costco's Hot Dog! Meea you are right it is the cheapness of it too that is catch or trap for us too. You know I had the hardest time realizing cheap eats are not the way the go. I would go to those $1 menu's and have food feast on FF. But the as we know FF and bad foods are always cheaper than healthy.

Good job on getting back on track this weekend!

Hearts, yes once on a roll you can stay the course. I just like to leave room for having what I want because often time depriving oneself causes binges. I even find when I go a whole month, I will binge on FF 2 to 3 days which is not good for me and it is better for me to have the one meal when I have the taste for it in moderation than to deprive myself long periods of time. Hopefully I wil be like some who have just lost the taste for FF at all.

Happy Sunday!
  • krunchykat
    krunchykat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping that September will be kinder to me than August was! I didn't keep up with the challenge and barely kept up (most days) with logging. I'm glad to see everyone sticking around for yet another month! Here's to September, I know we can do it ladies!
  • krunchykat
    Options
    Caved on the fast food today. I ended up getting a grilled chicken sandwich at Wendy's tonight instead of cooking. :ohwell:
  • krunchykat
    Options
    Had a Chicken Cordon Blue from Arby's for supper Thursday night since I was on the run, followed by a Sausage McMuffin that my boss brought me when she picked me up at the buttcrack of dawn Saturday to go raid some yard sales. I'm left with one more fast food day and we're only halfway thru the month. :angry:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Caved on the fast food today. I ended up getting a grilled chicken sandwich at Wendy's tonight instead of cooking. :ohwell:
    You count a grilled chicken sandwich as FF? Did you have french fries with it or something?
  • meeaham
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!!

I have been on a FF streak these past couple of days. =( My husband and I had Chinese food takeout Friday and Saturday and then we ordered two large pizzas yesterday (Sunday football!). Today, I had leftover pizza for lunch. I'm at 7 days with FF. I'm going to try to stay under 10 this month. I still have leftover pizza and I don't want it to go to waste so I'm counting FF for the next day or two but I am limiting myself to 2 slices a day so that I have room for some healthy food. =)

How's everyone else doing so far with the challenge???
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    So far so great, amazing how lack of money does for FF eating. :laugh: :smokin: It's definitely helping me, it's when I have some cash early in the month that I blow too much of it on junk.

Love you gang!!

Mai, come join our Group Challenge, you're the only one not in it now. Let Krunchy, Mollie or I know if you're interested and we'll share a link. It's a group where you set goals for the week and check in when you can and share how you're doing. Would love to have ALL our FFoodies in it. A great group of really wonderful Ladies...the best you'll meet on the net.:smooched:

Cheers all for a continued good streak for each of us!:drinker: :heart:
  • krunchykat
    Options
    You count a grilled chicken sandwich as FF? Did you have french fries with it or something?

If it comes from a fast food restaurant I count it as fast food. I could probably get away with not counting a grilled chicken sandwich but then I'd be eating them 3 days a week. :laugh: I'm better off eating at home.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options

If it comes from a fast food restaurant I count it as fast food. I could probably get away with not counting a grilled chicken sandwich but then I'd be eating them 3 days a week. :laugh: I'm better off eating at home.
    I do mine the same, anything not made at home I count as FF, other wise I can only imagine the scheming my mind might start doing.
  • meeaham
    Options
    So far so great, amazing how lack of money does for FF eating. :laugh: :smokin: It's definitely helping me, it's when I have some cash early in the month that I blow too much of it on junk.

Love you gang!!

Mai, come join our Group Challenge, you're the only one not in it now. Let Krunchy, Mollie or I know if you're interested and we'll share a link. It's a group where you set goals for the week and check in when you can and share how you're doing. Would love to have ALL our FFoodies in it. A great group of really wonderful Ladies...the best you'll meet on the net.:smooched:

Cheers all for a continued good streak for each of us!:drinker: :heart:

I'm down to join the Group Challenge! Can one of you guys send me the link? =)

I'm not doing so well this month. I got lots of things going on this month...this is a busy month for me. =( Today is a start to a new week for me and I'm planning to stick to no FF for the rest of the month!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone!! 2uge4p4.gif

Well I am sure some of you all have noticed I have been MIA. Very busy at work and planning for short trip next week to NJ for a meeting. I will probably not be back to normal until around October 15th or a little before.

I was trying to decide if I was going to participate in next month's challenge and decided I have too because even if I am not doing good, I am certianly more mindful of FF than when not keeping track.

Have a wonderful weekend and keep striving for the best!

Hugs!:heart::flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

Does anyone want to start up October thread? I am not sure I am going to participate this month. Need a break so if anyone wants to start us off for October feel free to do so! If not cool too. Just check in through out the month to see how it is going? That will work for me.

Have a good healthy month!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

Does anyone want to start up October thread? I am not sure I am going to participate this month. Need a break so if anyone wants to start us off for October feel free to do so! If not cool too. Just check in through out the month to see how it is going? That will work for me.

Have a good healthy month!!
    bliss.gif
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/757247-fast-food-be-gone-challenge-october
  • meeaham
    Options
    Hey everyone! Sorry I have been MIA as well! Been busy for the past week. My mom is moving in with me and my husband this weekend!!! We have been busy getting the room set up for her. Also, I had my friend's wedding this past Saturday and then a friend's baby shower on Sunday.

Didn't do so well in September so I'm hoping to do well this month! Miss you all!

We can do this!!!

Thanks Hearts for starting up the October Challenge! My goal is to go 25 or more without FF!!!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Happy Friday!!:flowerforyou:

Well I am going to Costco after work and I keep telling myself no fast food today!!

Have a wonderful weekend and check in!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I definitely will not be doing Costco today. At lunch I decided I wanted chinese and had it. It was a contained splurge. I ordered white rice vs fried and I got gravy on the side and I measured it all!! I cleaned out my cup before walking to the resturant instead of driving. and still within my 2000 net calorie goal for each day with exercise. :bigsmile: :drinker: I know not the best but better than my normal for chinese!:wink:
  • meeaham
    Options
    Hey everyone!

So this month is not a good month for me. =( I'm not gonna be all sad about it because I'm going to do much better next month!

How is everyone else doing??

I can't believe that October is almost over and then on to November! My birthday month!!! =)
This discussion has been closed.