C25K - July, 2012

Options
Hi New Runners,

Everyone is welcome to join this newbie group.

1. What Week/Day are you on?
2. How do you feel?
3. Have you had to repeat a week or day?
4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs?
5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet?

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Replies

• the1to1
    the1to1 Posts: 49
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W1D1
    2. How do you feel? It felt great to start jogging again!
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? No
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No, just walked a little longer on the cool down to make it back home.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? This isn't my first time of doing the C25K.

I was red faced and sweaty when I finished this morning but it felt GREAT!!
  • tlc36
    tlc36 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Starting week two today!! I had gotten to week 4 a few months back and got dicouraged..... Hoping for a better result this time!
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? = W3D1 completed today
    2. How do you feel? = Happy and ready for more :-)
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? = I done W1 twice, as found it really hard to get to grips with breathing and running!
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? = Nope
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? = Stamina is building
  • keithgi
    keithgi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W3D2

2. How do you feel? Good, I'm closely monitoring my pace so I can keep going. (Slowing down helps my knee.)

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Not yet, but I'm concerned about W5D3 where it calls for a 20 minute run.

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I always add 10 - 15 minutes of brisk walking to the cool down.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I'm incredibly energized.

Best wishes to my fellow C25Kers out there!
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    1. W4D1
    2. Good. Since I've started jogging again, I've been more motivated and relaxed.
    3. Not yet. But I haven't missed any workouts yet either...
    4. The C25k program has only been taking me about 1.5 miles, so I walk an extra .5 miles to burn the extra 50 calories (so I burn 200/day). No matter what, I will get to the 2 miles....
    5. More motivated and happier....
  • jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W6D1 did that yesterday
    2. How do you feel? yesterday wasn't one of my best but usually I feel awesome after doing it!
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? very surprisingly no.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I always try to go run/walk for 55 minutes to an hour depending on my mood (sometimes I run more sometimes I walk more)
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? my legs are looking pretty awesome!!!
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hi New Runners,

1. What Week/Day are you on?
    2. How do you feel?
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day?
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs?
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet?

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Hey all,
    1. I did W3 D1 yesterday.
    2. Bit more of challenge for me this time. Looking forward to W3 D2 on Thursday.
    3. I have been repeating day 3 of each week 2 times before moving on.
    4. So far for W1 and W2 I have been able to cover a distance of 2.5 miles during the session. I do the 5 min warmup, jog/walk intervals, then a 5 min cool down period. Then I will walk or jog another 0.5 mile just to get in 3 miles. Takes me a total of about 35 min. so far.
    5. I notice that somedays the jogging gets easier on the later intervals and then somedays I feel sort of sluggish. Maybe it is my mindset when I begin the session. When I am out jogging though I do enjoy that time in the morning.
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W4D1 yesterday - and I did it on a trail instead of the track like normal! A lot tougher but it was great

2. How do you feel? Awesome! Have to wear my knee brace, but it hasn't been bothering me much

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Not yet!

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Yesterday I accidentally hit "pause" on the c25k app during the 5 min run, and it was about two minutes before I even noticed...so I did a 7 minute run! But it was accidental.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I am a slow runner, but my breathing is improving, which I am thrilled about. I can do a mile without stopping now
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    1. Week/Day? W5D1 tommorrow morning
    2. How do you feel? Good, enjoying the time running, like the feel afterwards...
    3. Repeat a week or day? No repeat weeks; have repeated days since I run 5 days a week (not 3) and I like to start new weeks after a rest day.
    4. Add time or remove time from one of your runs? I typically walk the remainder of the (.25 or 1 mile) lap at the end of day run. I also added 50% of the run time to the end of the run before the cool down because I felt I wanted to run further before advancing to the next week. Had no problem.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? More energy, run speeds are increasing, dropped a couple pounds, have lost a little padding in arms and legs.
  • Elisac2008
    Elisac2008 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W4 d1 tomorrow or thursday
    2. How do you feel? ok for the first few segments, then tired. sometimes aching like i can not go on.
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? no yet (knock on wood)
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? i added 65 minutes of walking after i am done
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? i can actually run what i am supposed to. in the past i tried this program and had to stop in between a run segment.
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hi New Runners,

1. What Week/Day are you on? W6D2 July 4
    2. How do you feel? Challenged every workout
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Added time to all my D3 runs for the first 4 weeks
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Never thought I would be a runner. Some days are better than others.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Hi New Runners,

1. What Week/Day are you on? W8d3
    2. How do you feel? Challenged every workout but got thru it. And it was hot!
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Added time to all my wk6 runs and wk7day1 time 10 min
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? My bum is getting smaller. If I get past the first mile I can keep going. But that mental block the first mile is really tough.

I love it!
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W2D2
    2. How do you feel? Challenged but good
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? I started my week 2 over again due to illness.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I play around after my runs, trying to improve my form.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I'm starting to hate getting up at 5am less? lol

Average program cycle in this week lasts 28ish minutes and in that time I travel roughtly 2.2 miles. I want to try to keep my speed up or improve it though out the comming weeks. You guys are awesome!!!
  • nichojanes
    nichojanes Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi,

1. What Week/Day are you on? - W6 D2
    2. How do you feel? Proud that I have gotten this far when I look back at the pain on W1D1
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Yes - almost every day has had to be repeated at least once as I am rarely able to complete runs on the 1st attempt and want to complete each run fully before moving on.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I have had to cut time off a lot of times.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? My general fitness levels have shot up dramatically.

I have been on the program since January, but am slowly making progress.
  • the1to1
    the1to1 Posts: 49
    Options
    Morning Everyone!!

1. What Week/Day are you on? W1D2
    2. How do you feel? Hot and sweaty
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Nope
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I got up at 5:30 am before it got too hot but already 80.

It is exciting to see so many doing c25k this month and so motivating to hear how you all are doing!!

Hope everyone has a safe and fun Fourth!!

eta: 33 min = 2.16 miles = 211 cal
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? Week 7 Day 3
    2. How do you feel? Pretty darn awesome!
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Nope
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Nope, doing the program exactly as laid out.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? My fitness level has gone up dramatically, and my body is getting tighter.
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? Week 2 Day 2 done today

2. How do you feel? Good run today. I pushed myself quite hard by setting the treadmill to incline to make it more like outside. Calves are agony at the moment. Just foam rollered them so hopefully no hobbling tomorrow.

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Not yet but that is probably because I am on easy stages

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I add in a couple of extra minutes of running each time as I think my body can cope with it and I want to meet certain distance/calorie goals.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? My calves were looking pretty good preC25k through cycling and a recent round of 30 day shred. Since I started running it has made my calf muscle definition fantastic. Shame that I haven't met anyone that would go "wow - check out those calves!". Stamina is also much improved.
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W2D3 Completed this morning.
    2. How do you feel? Great except some minor pain across the bridge of my foot. I suspect loose laces.
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Not yet but this is not my first attempt.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Always add about 30 minute walk to cool down. Doubled up the W2D2 session this week
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I have more energy. I always seem to struggle through the first run segment but once over that hump the rest seem easier for me.

Happy 4th. of July to all.
  • bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    1 - w3d1 today
    2 - sometimes I feel great, other times sluggish.
    3 - no repeats
    4 - I walk more at the end and try to stretch. That seems to help for stiffness / soreness the next day
    5 - not yet :)
  • sheismith
    sheismith Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? Just finished Week Two, Day 3 today.

2. How do you feel? Excited, even though I’m nervous about moving onto Week Three.

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No, I do walk about two miles after my cool down.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? This is my third time trying. Instead of the treadmill, I’m training outside. I like it so much better. I notice that I’m gaining more confidence. I’m not afraid to push myself. I really feel like I’m going to finish this time.

Great job, everyone!