C25K - July, 2012

Options

Replies

• AndreaPool
    AndreaPool Posts: 45
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? Just got back from finishing W2D1...

2. How do you feel? Tired and overheated :)

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? No

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I ran the normal program until cool down started (ran 1.5 minute into my cool down)

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? It might just be today, but I think I'm learning how to control my breathing better... One the first 'run section' I felt a side stitch coming up, so I started to focus on breathing really slowly and it really helped! Had no trouble after that!
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? - W7D3

2. How do you feel? - pretty awesome!

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? - no (surprisingly!)

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? - yes, I've been doing the distance (around 5.4K) on the trails but that's including warm-up/cool down. I figured once I get out there, might as well do the whole trail loop around the park. In the beginning I just repeated as many extra intervals as possible but now it's perfect timing. The actual run is probably not the full 5K though....(4 - 4.5?) so will keep working on that!!

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? - that I'm a runner! get outta here! :D Seriously, I used to walk the same trails and look at all the runners in amazement...and now I'm one of them? Still a newbie and I may not be very fast but I'm running and that feels great:)

Best of luck my fellow runners, just beginning or graduating...you're all doing awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

I am new to the group. I started C25K two weeks ago and decided that I am going to be doubling up on each week. Today was Round 1 of Week 2 Day 1. I found Week 1 to be fairly easy and was expecting the same for Week 2, but man was I wrong! My legs were burning!! I realize that I need to work on my breathing (any tips?) and my pace.

1. What Week/Day are you on? Round 1 of Week 2 Day 1
    2. How do you feel? Right now I feel accomplished. During todays run I really felt like stopping, but I kept on going!
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? I decided that I am going to do two rounds of each week. First week just work on breathing, second week work on speed.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No, even though I felt like stopping!
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Yes! My legs feel a whole lot stronger and my boyfriend has noticed and made some compliments!

Feel free to add me! I love running buddies...Still haven't been able to convince any of my friends here to go with me though LOL

HgH:drinker:
  • BCLisa
    BCLisa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A good topic for my first post in MFP!

1. What Week/Day are you on?

Just did W6 D1 this morning! Surprisingly seemed a lot tougher than W5 D3.

2. How do you feel?

Feeling good! The legs felt pretty tired the day after W5 D3.

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day?

No. I've kept plugging along, running every second day.

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs?

I usually add an extra minute or two to the last run of each day, just to push it a bit. Have never shortened a run.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet?

I actually feel like a runner when I'm out there! So proud of myself. :-)
  • SLHartman
    SLHartman Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? Completed W3D2 this morning
    2. How do you feel? I feel great with the exception of my sore/stiff hips. Working on different streches to hopefully help with this.
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Not yet!
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Just a few extra minutes to get back to my house.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I think my legs are looking a little more toned. Other than this, not yet. :ohwell:
  • lovelylauz02
    lovelylauz02 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

I'm Lauren and am definitely new to the program. I am so glad there is a forum on here for C25K folks. I am excited to embark on this journey and get back to being the distance runner I used to be.

Week 2 Day 2

2. How do you feel?
    AWESOME! The workout room in my townhome community is set on 80 degrees and I love the hot run for some reason. Running in a hot box is therapeutic to me (call me crazy). Plus, if I'm sweating profusely, I feel like I'm really burning calories #shrugs-- works for me

No... I am still on the easy runs

No, but I have increased the intensity by adding a little more speed to my runs

Every run is stronger than the last. I can feel my legs saying "Oh yeah... I remember what this feels like and it feels SO GOOD" My lungs might say something a little different, but they are catching up.... Ask me the same question in about 3 weeks when I get into the longer runs :)

Happy Running!!
  • classictoaster
    Options
    Hey guys. (:

W4D2 tomorrow!

2. How do you feel?
    Great! I used to run cross country way way way back in the day (aka middle school... sigh), and loved it at the time, but kind of fell off the horse. I was hoping to get back into it, and if all goes according to plan, I'll be running a 5k by August 7th! Wooh!

Not yet, and hopefully I won't have to. I've fleshed out my schedule, and once I commit, it's hard for me to change, haha.

When I did W3, I sometimes jogged past the walk mark on my last 3 minute interval, or added in sprints at the end. One of the days I was being chased by a rainstorm, so I kinda had to keep going at the end to make it back to my car! d:

My stamina is improving by a lot. I'd already tried doing C25K back in february and gave up pretty quickly. This time, I'm determined to finish (partly because I already signed up for a 5k in September and I kinda need to be ready for it), and I can feel a difference both mentally and physically in my runs - the distances are getting easier, and my lungs are slowly starting to adapt to the increased activity. Can't wait to graduate the program!
  • lkarinal
    lkarinal Posts: 107
    Options
    So inspiring to read all your answers, as for myself:

1. What Week/Day are you on? W7/D3
    2. How do you feel? Never been better, no words to describe the feeling after finishing my running.
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? No and Yes. My father is running with me on Sundays so I'm starting from W1 with him.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? 1 or 2 miles to get back to my house.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Absolutely! My lungs are finally cooperting, my confidence level has increased and most of all I feel I'm a runner specially when you woo-hoo fellow runners you see in the park, sweating and enjoying their run the same way you are.

Happy running new and graduate runners!!
  • the1to1
    the1to1 Posts: 49
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W1D3
    2. How do you feel? Hot and sweaty
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Nope
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I didn't take the dogs with me this morning, and yes, it was lots easier. I did take them afterwards for a 16 walk so I'm not totally neglecting them.

2.11 miles - 31.49 min

Hi everyone!

It is so great to see everyone's progress! I'm actually looking forward to next week. I've graduated from c25k before so I know I can do this. I've just never been this heavy doing it. It is already up to 100 here so I plan to stay inside until late this evening.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

Happy running!
  • AndreaPool
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W2D2

2. How do you feel? Pretty good!

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I ran 3 minutes instead of 90 seconds the last 'run section'

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I didn't feel exhausted after this run, which was nice. Also, I'm noticing a change in mind set... Before I would tell myself "my run section should be over by the time I reach that particular tree" while now I'm telling myself "I should AT LEAST be PAST that tree once my run section is over"... Hope you understand what I mean, but I guess it means that I'm feeling more capable instead of weak :)
  • lstone03
    lstone03 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi New Runners,

Everyone is welcome to join this newbie group.

2. How do you feel?

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

1. Just finished W1.
    2. Fine
    3. No
    4. No, kids will not allow it. (youngest is not old enough for a jogging stroller)
    5. I'm sore. I am doing a few other programs so it is expected.
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? I'm still repeating W1D3. I still can't breathe. I'll try to progress after I see the Dr.
    2. How do you feel? Great, except for the breathing part! LOL
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Yep...Have been doing W1D3 for 3 weeks.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? My butt is getting smaller. My FIL asked me last week if i had lost weight!!

I did a 5k this week- had to walk it but I enjoyed myself. I want to be able to RUN a 5k this fall!
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? WK3 Day1 & WK3 Day2 Combined this morning.
    2. How do you feel? I feel great AFTER about around 10 minutes in. That first run I always feel like I am going to die but then
    I get in a groove.
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Not yet however I do expect as the run segments get longer that I will.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Always add about 30 minute walk to cool down. Unless I double up as today .
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Not physically so much as mental. I feel more mentally tough when I get done.

Happy running!
  • the1to1
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W2D1
    2. How do you feel? Very hot...I was sweating for a long time after I finished.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? The first day I try to figure out which route to go to make it back to my house but the end of the cool down. Surprised there is only 6 repeats of the 90 second jog.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? No problems with the jogging portion! I feel guilty not taking the dogs with me...maybe I will on Wednesday.

Are you happy with your progress? Do you feel confident that you can graduate? Are you having fun!?!

Hope you all have a great week.

Happy Running!
  • AndreaPool
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? Just finished W2D3... On to week 3 on Thursday!

2. How do you feel? Good!! It's a bit cooler out now, which is nice!

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? As with the last time, I prolonged my last 'run section' to 3.5min instead of 90 seconds... Preparing for week 3!

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Not much compared to my last run...
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    1. Finished W3 D3 this morning (when it was nice and cool out).
    2. Felt good today. The beginning of the run is always the most difficult, but after I go for about 1.5 to 2.0 miles it just seems like I could run and run.
    3. I repeat for the fun of it. I repeat day 3 of each week 2 times. Seems to be working out good that way.
    4. This morning I added a 1.5 mile run to the end so I stretched the session out to 4 miles in all.
    5. Want to go run some more. Looking forward to my next run on Thursday. Now I know I can run for 1.5 miles without stopping...
    !!!!AWESOME!!!!
  • tajour
    tajour Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? Yesterday was my first day of week 1

2. How do you feel? I feel GREAT today! I thought I was going to die when I was running though.

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? I don't want to, but if I were a betting woman, I'd say I will probably have to.

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No, I was a good little girl and did it all.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I noticed that my ankles (perpetually swollen) weren't swollen this morning. Must have been all that blood flowing through them yesterday. Woohoo! Looking forward to Day 2 tomorrow.

Photo of my daughter and I after finishing Day 1:
  • the1to1
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W2D2
    2. How do you feel? I felt great! It was finally cooler out this morning...much easier!
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Nope.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I have a back disease and notice that it has been more sore the last few days. I really hope jogging isn't irritating it.

Happy Running!
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? I am starting over after being off for a month. I stopped at W4 D3. My finacee is doing it with me this time.
    2. How do you feel? excited to start again
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? The first time I repeated a few days on certain weeks if I didnt feel ready to move on
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? no but I do try and speed up or kick it in on the last run of the day
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? never thought I would ever be considered a runner, its nice to be in that group now.
  • AndreaPool
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W3D1

2. How do you feel? Pretty good! The first 3 minute session was interesting, 'cause towards the end I was thinking " did I just miss her telling me that I can stop now or is 3 minutes really THIS long??" Wasn't feeling like I couldn't go on anymore though, so it wasn't too bad. The second 3 minute session seemed to pass by much faster... And I wasn't feeling exhausted at the end, so maybe next time I'll add some speed :)

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? One minute into cool down I ran for another 2 minutes...

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I think I'm growing into being able to really encourage myself to push harder... And I'm starting to believe I can really do this :)!