I'd like to get all your thoughts on this

Options
13»

Replies

• poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    It's ok Anna, I wasn't expecting to do that either.... she should have just gone to the original lunch last week! I hold no ill feelings toward her, she only gets one life and has to do what she feels is best for her.... I guess I did what I felt was best for me!

In better Jim news.... my friend Kristi is back in MN looking hot and looking for comfort after a failed modeling career in Cali, this week could pan out yet :bigsmile:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    It's ok Anna, I wasn't expecting to do that either.... she should have just gone to the original lunch last week! I hold no ill feelings toward her, she only gets one life and has to do what she feels is best for her.... I guess I did what I felt was best for me!

In better Jim news.... my friend Kristi is back in MN looking hot and looking for comfort after a failed modeling career in Cali, this week could pan out yet :bigsmile:

thats right lol theres always another one
  • sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    Options

I'm glad that you did what was best for you. It sounds like she is just stringing you along and if even for sex do you want to deal with those emotions all the time. I have a friend who is dating this guy who is crazy about her... adores her... but she tells me all the time she's just with him until she meets someone better. I understand where she is coming from but I don't treat people that way. Maybe this girl is doing the same to you... even if you have known her a long time you made the right choice for now.
  • RunningDirty
    RunningDirty Posts: 293
    Options

Sounds like things are on the up! Not easy, but best to keep moving forward for you. Life is too short! :flowerforyou:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

Wooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooo!! Way to get over it! :bigsmile:
  • bruintamer
    bruintamer Posts: 183 Member
    Options

Haha! I'd take you over Andrew Keegan any day too!
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    . The confusing thing for people involved with someone with these kind of issues, is that they convince themselves that the other person doesn't care and then get confused and won over again when it's clear they do. I'm afraid it's more a case of love not being enough, in situations like this.

Hi Lorro! Not sure I follow this - please elaborate??? Thanks so much for the words of compassion! I think sometimes on these forums we tend to think of relationships as "commodities" in a consumer culture. There is so much more to Love than this.

Sorry for the delayed reply and thanks for your kind words! :flowerforyou: Totally agree the the commodification of relationships, though I think people tend to find out the hard way that it's futile to approach love this way.

To elaborate, if your partner does something to damage the relationship then you are likely to interpret this as rejection or lack of love on their part. But sometimes this isn't why they did it, sometimes they did it because they can't bear to feel vulnerable in a relationship. This becomes obvious from their reaction when you try and end it, so then you think - well I was mistaken, they do love me after all, so they won't do that again. But they do, because lack of love was not the reason they behaved this way.
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Well not much to report on a lunch. She is without her car right now as it's in the shop... it's legit I've known her since 3rd grade we have friends in common I checked with. However in her email to tell me this and reschedule, she put: sorry I'm a bad "friend"... well something about the word friend got some emotions stirring in me and I responded with this:
    Hey, why don't we just call off this whole lunch thing... not because of your recent problems, I know those are legit. Meeting up with you has drummed up some of the old feelings I had a year ago and at this time I just don't feel like a "friend" will work for me. As you know it took a lot for me to get through last year... I'm really sorry Erin :(
    She responded that it made her feel really sad and she didn't know what to say. And then sent another that she understood, there was a lot she should have told me and never did. So kind of a sad day for me, I've never told anyone in my life I didn't want to be their friend, especially someone I've known for 22 years! Maybe someday I will get to a point I can see her that way... but that day isn't today.
    This was totally unplanned but, I feel I did the right thing for me... just sucks because I feel terrible for telling someone I care about so much, that I can't be their friend.

Good call :flowerforyou: Jim, you both care about each other. That remains even if you don't see each other. You haven't lost that and it's way more than friendship. There's no way a friendship in these circumstances would have worked and I doubt it was what she was seeking. It sounds like she has a lot of regrets for what may have been but if anything is to come of this, she'll have to show she can say all those things she wishes she'd said a year ago. I doubt she will.

Have fun with Kristi, far safer! :happy: